Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

ST Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 01:45 AM
jdmlove1

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ST Suspension

Anybody tried them? i did some reading... they are made in Germany and use KW specs except they r made from less grade steel or aluminium not sure...
there are 3 types

ST X
ST XA
ST XTA

very reasonable prices for German coil-overs..

any inputs?
Old 02-01-2017, 04:35 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmlove1
Anybody tried them? i did some reading... they are made in Germany and use KW specs except they r made from less grade steel or aluminium not sure...
there are 3 types

ST X
ST XA
ST XTA

very reasonable prices for German coil-overs..

any inputs?
I know nothing about the present "ST"; but back in the day, when they were an independent company called Suspension Techniques, they made the sway bars used on our S30s, Dimes, Celicas, etc. Good stuff then... sort of the equivalent of "Hotchkis or Eibach sway bars for our Z33s". Now they're the U.S. arm of KW but don't really know anything about their ST X coilovers.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 AM
ottacat

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm seriously looking at the ST XTA's, basically KW V2's at a cheaper price. They are galvanized steel instead of "inox-line" stainless steel. However that isn't an issue for me as the car doesn't see salt.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:37 AM
jdmlove1

Originally Posted by ottacat
I'm seriously looking at the ST XTA's, basically KW V2's at a cheaper price. They are galvanized steel instead of "inox-line" stainless steel. However that isn't an issue for me as the car doesn't see salt.
I found them in Deamon tweeks for good price, shipping is reasonable as well.

but i still couldnt find any 350z owner review or feedback.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:47 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

I found them in Deamon tweeks for good price, shipping is reasonable as well.

but i still couldnt find any 350z owner review or feedback.
Look up the word "pioneer", bud. Cuz it looks like you'll be one.

And.... sommmmmeone's gotta do it.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:17 AM
ottacat

I have the ST XTA's. Very happy with them. I use them for both road and track. On road with dampers adjusted soft, the progressive rears and helper springs on front make the setup very comfortable on the street. At the track with the dampers adjusted stiff they perform very well. You have that slight initial give in the springs due to them being progressive but a road and track car is always a compromise. Front springs are very well suited to the car.

Build quality is excellent. Versions for the 350Z of course are not front camber adjustable like the pics on the website.

Only issue was that bolts on front were too long and required drilling out of the strut bar. I know this is common issue with many coilovers but still a ****-off that a nearly 2K (CDN) part designed specifically for cars don't fit properly and the manual doesn't address the issue. I emailed ST (KW handles the support as these are KW V2's without the stainless steel) about the issue and essentially got a collective shrug that 'everyone makes them that way'.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:42 AM
jdmlove1

Originally Posted by ottacat
I have the ST XTA's. Very happy with them. I use them for both road and track. On road with dampers adjusted soft, the progressive rears and helper springs on front make the setup very comfortable on the street. At the track with the dampers adjusted stiff they perform very well. You have that slight initial give in the springs due to them being progressive but a road and track car is always a compromise. Front springs are very well suited to the car.

Build quality is excellent. Versions for the 350Z of course are not front camber adjustable like the pics on the website.

Only issue was that bolts on front were too long and required drilling out of the strut bar. I know this is common issue with many coilovers but still a ****-off that a nearly 2K (CDN) part designed specifically for cars don't fit properly and the manual doesn't address the issue. I emailed ST (KW handles the support as these are KW V2's without the stainless steel) about the issue and essentially got a collective shrug that 'everyone makes them that way'.
thanx allot for the info, finally some inputs! i already ordered them. i am using CUSCO after market strut bar. i think i will have to drill it too.

Did you try to drift with them?
Old 06-06-2017, 04:27 AM
ottacat

Did you try to drift with them?
No, sorry, just tracking with them.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:38 AM
jdmlove1

finally installed the ST XTA, immediately noticed the ride quality improvement over my old tein s techs! much better ride in all ways.

The coilovers really worth the price, only 2 minor down sides:
difficult to adjust rear height even if you remove the wheels
you have to make wholes in the rear tower inside the trunk to adjust the damper

i noticed that you will have to get rid of the rear springs hats!

i will post a video soon!!

am driving with 9 clicks from full soft all around! still confused about the damper settings!
Old 09-17-2017, 04:14 AM
jdmlove1

sorry the video in Arabic, but at least am the first one filming these coilovers!

Old 10-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Bahraini350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry the video in Arabic, but at least am the first one filming these coilovers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C2W2sFZkAg
Thanks for the vid buddy

feedback please on those coilovers
Old 11-10-2017, 06:28 AM
jdmlove1

Originally Posted by Bahraini350Z
Thanks for the vid buddy

feedback please on those coilovers
you got the feedback that day! but anyways the car felt so comfy! and more controllable at the same time... stiff setting is stiff but the z turned into a pointy car rather than over steering all time!