Old 10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
alassing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal

2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Package - Was asking $25,995
I got him down to $20,500
Has 31k miles give a few
Comes with:
Body Kit - dont know which one but it looks clean (very clean) - fits the car very nice
Aftermarket Hood - Has vents on both left/right side and in the front middle

Injen Cold Air intake
Injen Exhaust - I think its only CAT back (it starts at the bottom right under the sideview mirrors)

Everything else is stock

The car is very clean, not 1 dent
Also has the Z floor mats and the Z trunk mat
Tires are not stock but have a little less the 1/2 tread left

Need opinions please.

I drove it 2 times now, both for about 45min-1hr. The only thing I found is that the rotors are going to need replaced, not anytime soon but with a few more miles.

Did'nt find any premature tireware so I'm assuming that this Z is one of the lucky ones that isn't having the frontend problem.

thanks
Old 10-06-2005, 07:55 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alassing
2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Package - Was asking $25,995
I got him down to $20,500
Has 31k miles give a few
Comes with:
Body Kit - dont know which one but it looks clean (very clean) - fits the car very nice
Aftermarket Hood - Has vents on both left/right side and in the front middle

Injen Cold Air intake
Injen Exhaust - I think its only CAT back (it starts at the bottom right under the sideview mirrors)

Everything else is stock

The car is very clean, not 1 dent
Also has the Z floor mats and the Z trunk mat
Tires are not stock but have a little less the 1/2 tread left

Need opinions please.

I drove it 2 times now, both for about 45min-1hr. The only thing I found is that the rotors are going to need replaced, not anytime soon but with a few more miles.

Did'nt find any premature tireware so I'm assuming that this Z is one of the lucky ones that isn't having the frontend problem.

thanks
Honestly, the best thing to do is to visit the NADA or Kelley Blue Book website and run the car through to see what it's worth. Modifications typically have a small resale value, but they're worth something. 20,500 isn't a bad price in my book. Just remember that you've only got 5-ish thousand miles left on the warranty, and if the car had the tire feathering issue, you'll want to know about it.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:10 PM
alassing

Originally Posted by kcobean
Honestly, the best thing to do is to visit the NADA or Kelley Blue Book website and run the car through to see what it's worth. Modifications typically have a small resale value, but they're worth something. 20,500 isn't a bad price in my book. Just remember that you've only got 5-ish thousand miles left on the warranty, and if the car had the tire feathering issue, you'll want to know about it.

I did run the KBB.com it came up $22,770 for the Private Party Value
It came up $27,550 for the Retail Value (or Dealer Value)

NADA came up with $25,725 for the Average Retail

With this in mind what do you think?

Again he started out at asking $25,995 for the car
got him down to $21,500
then down to $20,995
then down to $20,500 - final offer, thats the best I could pull off

Last edited by alassing; 10-06-2005 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:12 PM
kcobean

I did run the KBB.com it came up $22,770 for the Private Party Value
It came up $27,550 for the Retail Value (or Dealer Value)

With this in mind what do you think?
I'd say that's not a bad deal then, if the car is in good shape. You do want to check on the feathering issue. Some '03's had it, some didn't. I'd hate for you to buy a tire chewing car.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:18 PM
alassing

I'd say that's not a bad deal then, if the car is in good shape. You do want to check on the feathering issue. Some '03's had it, some didn't. I'd hate for you to buy a tire chewing car.

How do you ck on the fethering issue? The tires on the car now are in good shape. From the ground they look fine/even wear and they have a little less then 1/2 tread left. I'm assuming their ok then but then again, never know. Again is their something I should do or anyway to find out if their was an issue?

I ran a car fax on it and it came up 100% clean but I dont know if a car fax would tell you this or not.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:32 PM
kcobean

How do you ck on the fethering issue? The tires on the car now are in good shape. From the ground they look fine/even wear and they have a little less then 1/2 tread left. I'm assuming their ok then but then again, never know. Again is their something I should do or anyway to find out if their was an issue?

I ran a car fax on it and it came up 100% clean but I dont know if a car fax would tell you this or not.
A carfax report wouldn't show this. If the tires look to be wearing evenly and the inside tread blocks aren't cupped (the inside of the tread block is wearing faster than the outside) or feathered (feathering looks like the rubber is getting kind of frayed patterns perpendicular to the centerline of the car.) you're probably ok. Also, if you get to drive it, try braking from around 30 MPH to a stop. If there is considerably more noise when doing this, that could be an indicator (it is a sports car though, so some noise is to be expected.) Many people that had this issue describe low-speed braking as causing a "roaring noise" from the front tires, and in some cases it can be quite loud.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:40 PM
alassing

A carfax report wouldn't show this. If the tires look to be wearing evenly and the inside tread blocks aren't cupped (the inside of the tread block is wearing faster than the outside) or feathered (feathering looks like the rubber is getting kind of frayed patterns perpendicular to the centerline of the car.) you're probably ok. Also, if you get to drive it, try braking from around 30 MPH to a stop. If there is considerably more noise when doing this, that could be an indicator (it is a sports car though, so some noise is to be expected.) Many people that had this issue describe low-speed braking as causing a "roaring noise" from the front tires, and in some cases it can be quite loud.

Hope this helps.
Ok, so should I break hard from 30-0 mph or...? I drove it 2 times now, each about 45min+ (I know the manager at the dealer). Anyway, I did'nt break super hard but did test it out kinda hard but again not super hard.

Tks.

by the way, did some research and the body kit seems to look like a blitz, its clean i like it (but like your body kit better, nice work).
Old 10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
kcobean

Ok, so should I break hard from 30-0 mph or...? I drove it 2 times now, each about 45min+ (I know the manager at the dealer). Anyway, I did'nt break super hard but did test it out kinda hard but again not super hard.

Tks.

by the way, did some research and the body kit seems to look like a blitz, its clean i like it (but like your body kit better, nice work).
Even light to moderate braking force would cause it to present.

The blitz body kit is nice....sounds like you may have found a real gem. What color is it?

Oh, and thanks! Mine is no daily driver though.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:58 PM
alassing

Even light to moderate braking force would cause it to present.

The blitz body kit is nice....sounds like you may have found a real gem. What color is it?

Oh, and thanks! Mine is no daily driver though.
Ok, nice cuz I did'nt hear a thing at all when breaking. The '03's make me think twice but I think your right, I found a gem.

The car is black (perfered white but...). One good thing about it is I saw it before the dealer cleaned it up. I told the manager to call me before they cleaned any 350z's that they got in. He got it professionally cleaned/detailed after I saw it the 1st time, they did a really good job cleaning it up. It looks like it has the same hood you have, I'd have to see it again though (its not carbonfiber though). By your pics I could tell its not a daily car. I did'nt like the red Z's until I saw yours. You really completed the car the right way, nice taste.

tks for your input on all my ?'s. I'm gonna ck on the tires again 1 last time now that I know a little better what I'm looking for.

Is their anymore prob. that I should consider with this model/yr of Z. Drive train, recalls, LSD prob./engine prob. etc...?

Last edited by alassing; 10-06-2005 at 09:06 PM.