Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Volk Wheels - discoloration?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 02:44 AM
Tzuten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
Mackin have a rep from rays usa here to check the wheels.. so it not going to japan. The shipping issue you would have to deal with your dealer.
Apparently on another thread Chris at F1 noticed a brand new set of wheels with the same discoloration, its time for Volks/Macklin to show some customer service, stand behind their products and fix our problem.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:23 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got a brand new set of LE37t's 2 days ago (just like your old rims on JTuned Brian).. Haven't been mounted yet.. but the machined lip has some slight rainbowing and what looks like light water spotting.. It almost looks like the clearcoat on the lip was put on the rim before it was wiped down or cleaned or something..

you can sort of see it in this pic..concentrate on the lip .. you can see the non smooth clearcoat (looks like water spots under the clearcoat) and slight rainbow in certain light/angles:

You don't really notice it at a normal distance..

just wondering if this is normal?

EDIT: this occurs on all 4 wheels I got...

--mike

Last edited by leemik; 03-08-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Volk350Z
Master

that's normal on all machined polished lip ( it just the way they machine polised it reflect at different angel) I have it also on my LE28N and all the other LE series I had before.. unless the high polished lip like the GT or SF Series were it shouldn't have that problem. I think chris have the answer for those that got the wheels from him that did have the problems.

But for the water spot please contact your dealer and have them contact mackin.. Rays should be able to fix that for you..

Last edited by Volk350Z; 03-08-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Tzuten

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
that's normal on all machined polished lip ( it just the way they machine polised it reflect at different angel) I have it also on my LE28N and all the other LE series I had before.. unless the high polished lip like the GT or SF Series were it shouldn't have that problem. I think chris have the answer for those that got the wheels from him that did have the problems.

But for the water spot please contact your dealer and have them contact mackin.. Rays should be able to fix that for you..
Chris does? What have you heard?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Volk350Z
Master

just call him.. Rays japan told him some good news..
Old 03-08-2006, 10:45 PM
ryanwiggum

Originally Posted by Tzuten
Chris does? What have you heard?
Its f*cking BS. Mackin offered two options:
1) replace my defective wheels. They would have to order them from Japan and it would take months.

2) Discount 10% of the price of EACH wheel. So basically I would get $40 to $50 for each defective wheel. That doesn't cover the cost to get them repaired.

Totally unfair. I'm going to call Edward from Mackin tommorow.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Tzuten

Originally Posted by ryanwiggum
Its f*cking BS. Mackin offered two options:
1) replace my defective wheels. They would have to order them from Japan and it would take months.

2) Discount 10% of the price of EACH wheel. So basically I would get $40 to $50 for each defective wheel. That doesn't cover the cost to get them repaired.

Totally unfair. I'm going to call Edward from Mackin tommorow.
So they WILL replace the wheels with no cost correct? The downside is we have to wait "months" for them to arrive from Japan?

Discount 10% of the price of each wheel? Uhh.. I think I'll go for door #1.. Although it sucks that I have to wait for the wheels. If they order the wheels for me and let me use the defective wheels until the new ones arrive, that would be acceptable to me.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:29 PM
ryanwiggum

So they WILL replace the wheels with no cost correct? The downside is we have to wait "months" for them to arrive from Japan?

Discount 10% of the price of each wheel? Uhh.. I think I'll go for door #1.. Although it sucks that I have to wait for the wheels. If they order the wheels for me and let me use the defective wheels until the new ones arrive, that would be acceptable to me.
yeah i was thinking the same thing. I tried to call him once today, but he didn't pick up. I'll ask him if I can keep the wheels until the replacements come in.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Tzuten

yeah i was thinking the same thing. I tried to call him once today, but he didn't pick up. I'll ask him if I can keep the wheels until the replacements come in.
I tried calling as well, no pick-up.. Left a message though. On another note the wheels are discoloring badly now. Every week it slowly gets worse. It's now getting to be a deep purple/green haze. Before it looked OK, now it looks like ***.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:53 AM
ryanwiggum

I tried calling as well, no pick-up.. Left a message though. On another note the wheels are discoloring badly now. Every week it slowly gets worse. It's now getting to be a deep purple/green haze. Before it looked OK, now it looks like ***.
all 4 of your wheels are defective?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:39 PM
ryanwiggum

I talked to Eddie today, he said I would have to send the wheels first.

Also, he said that they would discount 10 percent from the cost of the set of wheels. So I'm going go ahead and do that.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Tzuten

I talked to Eddie today, he said I would have to send the wheels first.

Also, he said that they would discount 10 percent from the cost of the set of wheels. So I'm going go ahead and do that.
Glad it worked for you. I finally got ahold of Chris today, he said my case is different and he isn't sure he can fix mine or offer me the same deal he offered you. He said he'd call Macklin and see. Needless to say, I'm not too happy about the whole ordeal.