Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What's the best ONE STEP wax to use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 08:12 AM
vice86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best ONE STEP wax to use?

I don't think I want to get invovled with all that Zaino stuff...I have a 90.oo kit at home that I used for 5 mins and don't like it already.

Is there a nice wax I can pick up at any store that will do just about a nice a job?

Also...are microfiber rags necessary? I just use terry cloths but if microfiber means less swirls and stuff..then I'm down. Where do you buy them from, never seen them in stores.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:47 AM
ronald_m

pick up a S100 from motorcyle shop or online this is the best and cheaperst carnauba wax and very easy to remove(its like a butter).Yes microfiber are very important it means less swirls.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:01 AM
s9am_me

i've heard great things about S100. You also like to check out Crystal Guard (forum sponsor) MF towels are the best to use when detailing. less swirls and no lint. its also very soft and lasts wash after wash.

places to buy auto care stuff...

www.dftowel.com (regarded as the best MF towel)
www.pakshak.com
www.properautocare.com
www.premiumautocare.com

just to name a few
Old 05-19-2004, 09:09 AM
vice86

thanks guys...I really hate looking at my SBZ in the sun lately...looks horrible.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Kevin Overall

Default Re: What's the best ONE STEP wax to use?

Originally posted by vice86
I don't think I want to get invovled with all that Zaino stuff...I have a 90.oo kit at home that I used for 5 mins and don't like it already.

Is there a nice wax I can pick up at any store that will do just about a nice a job?

Also...are microfiber rags necessary? I just use terry cloths but if microfiber means less swirls and stuff..then I'm down. Where do you buy them from, never seen them in stores.
Zaino with ZFX is one step, something you have read apparently have lead you the wrong way, it is best to not read too much into Zaino and just try it.

Zaino is applied to the paint and removed just like any other product, with the ZFX system it is one step like you describe. If you think that the clay barring is another step, it is, BUT all major wax and polish companies like Meguiars and Mothers make and sell clay bars and encourage their users to use it before their wax or polish product.

PM if you need any help using your kit.........
Old 05-19-2004, 09:49 AM
havabooz

not to be an *** but you picked the wrong color car to be lazy with...put in the extra time and you will like the results

good towels are just as important as a good wax
Old 05-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Meguiar's Gold Class, but I'm old school.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:18 AM
SteveZzz

I like Crystal Guard Quick. Wash, then spray it on the still (slightly) wet car. Just go over it with a microfiber towel takes about 10 minutes max for the whole car. Rinse it off and you're done.

I've used it for almost a year and love it.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:35 AM
vice86

Originally posted by havabooz
not to be an *** but you picked the wrong color car to be lazy with...put in the extra time and you will like the results

good towels are just as important as a good wax
No offence taken man...I knew that the SBZ would be hard to maintain but never knew how much swirlage there would be...its my first black car ever. Now I look at every other black car on the road to see what they look like....its all the same...just takes some TLC.

Is it even possible to get rid of swirls or are they just gettting covered up with a good wax job?
Old 05-19-2004, 10:49 AM
ranger5oh

Use Meguires NXT, it is AWESOME. It goes on super easy and comes off super easy! I love it. My SB looks phenomenal for at least 2 weeks after waxing. Even after it rains. I swear, for $15, it is the BEST stuff on the market. Did I mention it smells awesome too? Seriously, I cant say enough good stuff about it.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:23 PM
erock

Originally posted by ranger5oh
Use Meguires NXT, it is AWESOME. It goes on super easy and comes off super easy! I love it. My SB looks phenomenal for at least 2 weeks after waxing. Even after it rains. I swear, for $15, it is the BEST stuff on the market. Did I mention it smells awesome too? Seriously, I cant say enough good stuff about it.
Ditto on the NXT...

Also, since you have a Super Black Z (like me), you really should try this:

Alot of people will tell ya that Turtle Wax isn't worth it, but if you have a black car this is a must have wax.... I've used (and still have) all types of waxes but this and NXT are all I use now.....

IMO:

NXT = nice glossy shine
Turtle Wax black = Deep, deep looking finish (hides imperfections really good on my black car)

EDIT: The only cons for these waxes:

NXT gets dusty when you buff it off (nothing a lil' drive around the block can't handle)

Turtle Wax = need to give it a good 20 mins to dry/cure so you won't get any streaks (I usually wash/dress my wheels and tires and clean interior while the wax dries)

Last edited by erock; 05-19-2004 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:23 PM
mrZeee

nxt with provided pad..and I will admit it I use the wally world microfiber towels...the shame...the shame that I bear! but their dirt cheap and being @ wally world easy to get!
Old 05-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also think you should try nxt. I tried it yesterday for the first time and my car came out great. I also used the paint cleaner first but im sure using only nxt is fine.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:43 PM
davidost

I just bought my 2nd Z car, the 350z touring and i use the following articles from www.bettercarcare.com to select my waxes and polishes. Here is link to exact article I used 1Z Paint Polish to get light swirls out. Taking care of Paint