Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Is my car running strong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 08:12 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

IP Gthreefive - My car looks mediocre. There's always room for improvement. Your ride, on the other hand, is niiiiiiiiice. Hit me up whenever you come to Dallas, Texas. I'll definitely give you a ride, but I doubt my car will feel faster than yours (not by much anyway). I'm only in the higher 13's (in mid-90s weather with high humidity, mind you).

on350zfan - I'm glad I inspired you to do your own install for MREV2. It shouldn't be hard at all. It may take a couple of hours, though. Not bad, especially if you think about the satisfaction you'll get from isntalling it yourself.

I might do the headlights, but not anytime soon.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:36 PM
one350zfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
IP Gthreefive - My car looks mediocre. There's always room for improvement. Your ride, on the other hand, is niiiiiiiiice. Hit me up whenever you come to Dallas, Texas. I'll definitely give you a ride, but I doubt my car will feel faster than yours (not by much anyway). I'm only in the higher 13's (in mid-90s weather with high humidity, mind you).

on350zfan - I'm glad I inspired you to do your own install for MREV2. It shouldn't be hard at all. It may take a couple of hours, though. Not bad, especially if you think about the satisfaction you'll get from isntalling it yourself.

I might do the headlights, but not anytime soon.
My bad, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying you did the machining process yourself. I read on another thread that you were one of the first people to receive this mod from motordyne and reading these post more carefully, you just did the install. Yeah, I've done the install on my buddy's Z and was a snap. Actually, I've been pretty successfully with my installs on the Z so far. My car-TP's, exhaust, short shifter, springs, stoptech stage2 brake upgrade, headlight work, hyperforce ignition and some body work on my car after the fender bender. Also, I've done the UR pulley and found that to be surprisingly easy. So, I'm still going to try the machining process myself. I was just referring to a shop here locally that can do the machining for me if need be. Ripping apart and putting back together Honda's has served me well!

Wish me luck...again!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:17 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Yeah, I don't have the necessary tools to do the machining myself nor the proper knowledge and info. Good luck trying to replicate the machining process. Let us know how it turns out.