Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

B-ver's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 02:37 AM
PV350Z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still sick
Old 04-17-2009, 04:40 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ur the man...moar moar moar
Old 04-17-2009, 07:27 PM
AlexPfeiffer

picked up the car today, Unfortunatly it needs to go back in about a week for the graphics. The house of kolor guy couldnt make it in time to do the work and he is off next week. So for not I just picked up the chassis and going to start working on that. Here some pics from the so far finished paint. Its water base and it hasnt been buffed or anything.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:35 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This is supposed to be ready for Anaheim?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:04 AM
zhuangzi

is the motor and tranny a direct bolt-in?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 AM
AlexPfeiffer

I dont think I'll make anaheim. Hopefully at least get it in a booth though. If it doesnt make D1 or FD ATL, then the next event would probably be vegas FD. At least it would give me a couple months to test and finish everything up on the car instead of trying to rush and make mistakes or shortcuts.

Worked on the fuel cell. Its the summit 15 gal. Most of the cars in FD are running 5 gal cells but I hate having to put gas after 5 laps, and want to run some time attack. Figured 15 gal would be better for me. Had to do a bunch of work to it. Took all the foam out. Then cut one of the fittings off and made it a -10 now. Then had to make some much stronger mounting brackets and welded those on.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Man lookn good, I like how the exterior makes the interior pop. Going to be a beast when its done, can't wait.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
AlexPfeiffer

Yeah, I wanted to outside to be neutral but when you walk up to the car then its like "wow, WTF", Then again you all have seen the pics so its not going to be as "wow" now.

Starting to put things back in the car. Took the electricals off the steering shaft but think I may put it back and actually use the switches for the wipers and headlights, not sure if it would work out or be more of a headache. Then worked on the pedals. I'll be the first to admit sometimes I'll do things on the cheep when it comes to my own car. Instead of getting the factory clutch pedal and master, just took one out of a 180 clip that we were throwing away. The way I look at it, I just saved $300 but now the pedal is like an inch short. If it sucks then I'll change it later.

Dont know if I should cut the auto pedal or just leave it. You can see the 180 clutch pedal is shorter.

Then dropped the rear end down and put the stock rear brake lines back in. Still need the tubing to connect everything up to the master. Going to make new lines in the front and hopefully have that stuff soon along with the brakes from Rotora. First time you get a look at the bottom, as you can see its entirely powdercoated but over the undercoating. At least I know it wont rust but wish this thing was lighter.

Put in the axles, torqued them down, and tightened up all the rear suspension after that.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:54 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

nice.......keep the updates coming........
-j
Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
ATX350

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stuff! Pics are hard to make out at times though. Watched a few of your drifting vids the other day and damn you can drive!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 PM
AlexPfeiffer

Thanks, I miss driving good cars which is why I had to make my own. Its hard this year, not many sponsors willing to help out so we will see how far I get before I'm out of money. Its starting to get close.

Starting to put things back in the car. Took the electricals off the steering shaft but think I may put it back and actually use the switches for the wipers and headlights, not sure if it would work out or be more of a headache. Then worked on the pedals. I'll be the first to admit sometimes I'll do things on the cheep when it comes to my own car. Instead of getting the factory clutch pedal and master, just took one out of a 180 clip that we were throwing away. The way I look at it, I just saved $300 but now the pedal is like an inch short. If it sucks then I'll change it later.

Dont know if I should cut the auto pedal or just leave it. You can see the 180 clutch pedal is shorter.

Then dropped the rear end down and put the stock rear brake lines back in. Still need the tubing to connect everything up to the master. Going to make new lines in the front and hopefully have that stuff soon along with the brakes from Rotora. First time you get a look at the bottom, as you can see its entirely powdercoated but over the undercoating. At least I know it wont rust but wish this thing was lighter.

Put in the axles, torqued them down, and tightened up all the rear suspension after that.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:12 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^Double post?

Not bad for a one man operation!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 PM
AlexPfeiffer

Sorry?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Keep it up man.. Coming along nicely!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 PM
AlexPfeiffer

Started fitting the rad and intercooler, the bumper isnt mounted but just hung on there so I can see how much space I had to do the intercooler. Then put the camera in my back pocket and guess it got switched on at some point so this is the only pic I have.

Got bored with that so switched to mounting other things in the car like the dash, hand brake, wipers, rear lights and started on the wireing. The dash is so far away once your sitting so I think the switch panel is going to end up in the center area infront of the shifter. Made a quick mount just to see and may just keep it. Simple little aluminum panel, 6 switches and a start button. Still need to find a place to mount the kill switch and just cant find a good place for it. The hood is so high in the back, and there isnt much space under the fender to mount it ether. I may just end up drilling a hold in the 1/4 panel and sticking it there. Going to hate it but at least you can see it. The small things take so much time.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:52 AM
ATX350

Coming along nicely Alex
Old 04-22-2009, 08:29 PM
AlexPfeiffer

Thanks

The quicky switch panel...

Went out and picked up some stainless brake line and started on that. Since the abs things are gone, needed to also pick up some T fittings and tie the stuff together. Here is the front.

I was originally going to T the rear in the same place since it runs double lines and I already put those back in, but after looking at the rear again, decided to just T off the rear and I'll take the other rear brake line out when the fuel lines go in.

Looks like I'll be getting a twin disk setup from competition clutch soon for the R154.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 PM
ATX350

Ohh la la twin disk eh? I'm liking the sponsor love you're getting so far and to think you were concerned at the beginning of this thread hah!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:58 AM
AlexPfeiffer

I know it looks like I'm getting alot of free parts but that just isnt the case. Yeah many of the companies are really helping me out, but much of what you see wasnt free.

Quick Reply: B-ver's Build Thread