Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Canadian Models

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Shorlaw2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian Models

Is Grand Touring the only model available in Canada?
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM
lucky350

+ track pack (maybe not all years) and of course the roadster.

the 350z is marketed to be much more exclusive up here, so we lack the base and enthusiast. Which is nice for guys like me who have picked up lower sticker priced US models for the price of a civic up here!!!

i got myself an enthusiast from the states and love it, it would be nice to have leather/heated seats but the 17's are perfect for winter wheels. And it has two very important components - vlsd and HID's
Old 02-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Shorlaw2004

Thanks. I have a US model as well, but when I went to the Nissan Canada website, it looks as if GT is the only model available. I'm trying to figure out what the cost of the Rays GT wheels are as an upgrade on new models. I'd like to buy a used set. It seems in Canada they are standard on all the coupe models.

Last edited by Shorlaw2004; 02-22-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Crimso

*expecting model photos*
Old 02-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Z Tuned

Originally Posted by Shorlaw2004
Thanks. I have a US model as well, but when I went to the mazda Canada website, it looks as if GT is the only model available. I'm trying to figure out what the cost of the Rays GT wheels are as an upgrade on new models. I'd like to buy a used set. It seems in Canada they are standard on all the coupe models.

Mazda?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM
240Zplus110

For 2006 the only trim(s) offered in Canada were Performance and Performance with Grand Touring package.
I bought an Enthusiast Z in the US -- didn't want the leather seats, Nav or "custom" (aka crap) Bose stereo.

Last edited by 240Zplus110; 02-22-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shorlaw2004
Thanks. I have a US model as well, but when I went to the Nissan Canada website, it looks as if GT is the only model available. I'm trying to figure out what the cost of the Rays GT wheels are as an upgrade on new models. I'd like to buy a used set. It seems in Canada they are standard on all the coupe models.
They are bloody expensive from the dealer.. your better off buying aftermarket.

Good luck!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by Crimso
*expecting model photos*
+1000
Old 02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
David M

Originally Posted by 240Zplus110
For 2006 the only trim(s) offered in Canada were Performance and Performance with Grand Touring package.
I bought an Enthusiast Z in the US -- didn't want the leather seats, Nav or "custom" (aka crap) Bose stereo.
My sentiments exactly. My new '08 is an Enthusiast and I didn't want most of that stuff. I was a bit shocked to see that only the GT was available here. I won't pretend to be head of Nissan marketing but what the hell were they thinking ? They must drive away (no pun intended) a lot of business by only offering the highest priced model. I would be a Honda owner now if I couldn't buy mine in the States.

I may get the leather seats and can do that in Seattle for about $800 or so.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM
XERMAN2001

Originally Posted by lucky350
+ track pack (maybe not all years) and of course the roadster.

the 350z is marketed to be much more exclusive up here, so we lack the base and enthusiast. Which is nice for guys like me who have picked up lower sticker priced US models for the price of a civic up here!!!

i got myself an enthusiast from the states and love it, it would be nice to have leather/heated seats but the 17's are perfect for winter wheels. And it has two very important components - vlsd and HID's

Originally Posted by 240Zplus110
Originally Posted by David M
My sentiments exactly. My new '08 is an Enthusiast and I didn't want most of that stuff. I was a bit shocked to see that only the GT was available here. I won't pretend to be head of Nissan marketing but what the hell were they thinking ? They must drive away (no pun intended) a lot of business by only offering the highest priced model. I would be a Honda owner now if I couldn't buy mine in the States.

I may get the leather seats and can do that in Seattle for about $800 or so.
Shorlaw2004, 240Zplus110, lucky350, David M

I am looking to buy a 350 and I am thinking the same as you. I don’t need all the fancy stuff. I am going to install my audio system in at anyway, and I don’t like leather seats. I would like to have the Vehicle Dynamic Control thought but I would have to upgrade to a Touring. I would prob get a Enthusiast like you guys.

How much did it cost you in total, what was involved in bringing it here. Price before tax, optiotns, tax, duty, and all other fees. Whats the break down and totals?

Thanks

Kevin
Old 02-26-2008, 05:26 PM
David M

Kevin, when I imported my motorcycle a couple of years ago, I made up a checklist and posted it here:
http://www.ldrider.ca/importing/importing.htm

There are a few differences and certainly one will be that the information on this link pertains to the US customs office near Vancouver so you'll have to get more local contact information. The procedures should be close to identical except that when you deal with RIV (who are generally all idiots and A$$holes in my experiences with them), you must submit the vehicle info directly; Cda Customs used to do that but not any more.

Purchase price - 30,000
Dealer doc & trip fees - 89
US exchange - 94
Bank wire transfer fees - 35
Duty @ 6.1% - 1,843
Excise tax - 100
GST - 1,608
Insurance day permit - 77
PST @ 7% - 2,251
RIV fee - 205
Provincial inspection (BC) - 100
Daytime running lights & child restraint - 469

Total - $36,867

You probably have a lot of questions still. I'd suggest either post them here or PM me. If it starts getting too involved, I'll send you my telephone number.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
XERMAN2001

David, I thought the car had to be at least 6 months old to import with warranty, does that mean you don’t have a warranty. I called a dealer locally here, they import, they said that they can only buy cars that have been register in the US for a minimum of 6 months to be able to transfer the warranty to Canada. If less then 6 months Nissan Canada won’t honor your warranty.

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 02-26-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:05 PM
David M

The 6 month issue relates to warranty and is something between the buyer and Nissan. I found that Nissan was one of the few companies that makes it very easy to cross border shop. I got my recall clearance letter faxed to me within 2 days. That gave me a lot of comfort as to who I was dealing with.

I was advised, unofficially, that the Nissan dealer here will register me for warranty with Nissan Cda when I go for my first service. That was from a US dealer who did a lot of export sales. The dealer that I bought from told me that if Nissan Cda won't cover me, that Nissan USA will. Either way, I saved enough that having a warranty hassle at some future point was still worth the savings to me.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 PM
xdragus

wow either that usa dealer is awesome or they blatantly lied to your face. I've read US car owners having problems of their own trying to get warranty work(not all stealerships but couple bad eggs out there)...you're situation is a little more quirky.

Keep us in the loop! I hope all goes through with this transaction and that you do get warranty with nissan cda - I'd hate to see the stealership win.

anyways when are you expecting the car to arrive? is it black? ^_^
Old 02-26-2008, 07:02 PM
David M

Originally Posted by xdragus
wow either that usa dealer is awesome or they blatantly lied to your face. I've read US car owners having problems of their own trying to get warranty work(not all stealerships but couple bad eggs out there)...you're situation is a little more quirky.

Keep us in the loop! I hope all goes through with this transaction and that you do get warranty with nissan cda - I'd hate to see the stealership win.

anyways when are you expecting the car to arrive? is it black? ^_^
It's in my garage right now. San Marino Blue.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
XERMAN2001

if your engine blew, could you not just tow it to the US and get it fixed there? I live 2 1/2 hours from the US could i just tow it there and get it reapaired under the US warranty or do you have to be a US resident to do so?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
David M

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
if your engine blew, could you not just tow it to the US and get it fixed there? I live 2 1/2 hours from the US could i just tow it there and get it reapaired under the US warranty or do you have to be a US resident to do so?
I'd say only Nissan can answer that question.

I only live half an hour from the border so heading down there is easy for me. The dealer in Bellingham, Wa is about an hour or away.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:15 AM
Reality350

^very detailed wright up David M. I am sure those who need to know would be very thankful.

I do hope that NNA will transfer all warranty over to Nissan Canada.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
Regardless of where you take the z, a solid relationship with a service manager is necessary when dealing with large issues such as Engine failure.
You should really speak with your local dealers to see how they would react to servicing a new/used US 350z.

In my case, a good relationship with a local service manager did wonders for my OC issue.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:36 PM
eeZee

Here's the info straight from the 2008 Warranty booklet:

APPLICABILITY
■ This warranty is provided to the original and subsequent
owner(s) of a Nissan vehicle originally distributed by Nissan
which is originally sold by a Nissan authorized Nissan
dealership in the United States, and which is registered
in the U.S. and normally operated in the United States
(including Alaska and Hawaii), the United States territories
(specifi cally Guam, Saipan, American Samoa, Puerto Rico
and the U.S. Virgin Islands), and Canada.

■ This warranty is generally transferable from the original
‘owner other than a Nissan dealer’ (OWNER) to
subsequent owners of the vehicle at any time ownership of
the vehicle is transferred, without any action on your part;
except that this warranty is not transferable but is instead
void if during the first six months after delivery to the original
OWNER: (1) ownership of the vehicle is transferred from
the original OWNER, and (2) the vehicle is registered
outside of the United States.

Source: http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpub...2008_N_WIB.pdf

So, it seems, it's not a problem if you are buying new from dealer, because you would the original owner. It says that the warranty is void when you sell it to another person AND the vehicle is register outside the U.S. It does not say "OR", therefore, the warranty should be fine on new "first owner" Nissans.

Quick Reply: Canadian Models