Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Need Advice with Shipment Gone Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

[QUOTE=sluggoZ;6935965]Sorry guys but I have to chime again & hopefully for the last time.... I have to defend myself again.
My email dated feb 8th to Stephen Gilmore states where I said that "I could not find a box". Remember he said to me BS?

This was after the fact. The delivery was already made and the shirt was already broken at the point. This was your response to me asking why you did ship this piece in a box? You made know mention of a box before you shipped it.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:34 AM
ELIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Sickboy101;6937007]
Originally Posted by sluggoZ

Daniel Hoefler of ELIA needs to apologize to me for calling me a "cheater"...I also have his email of what he himself has said about this rear skirt.

Why does ELIA have to offer you any apology? You took their dollars they refunded. You were supposed to use this to go to a "Pro" body shop. Instead you kept the money and sold the rear skirt to me.
Jerry,

as we already mentioned in some emails today, we are still angry about how you proceeded.
You claimed about a warped rear skirt and that it would be very expensive to fix it (just to let you know we didn't caise the damage, we didn't sell the rear to you - you were the customer of ART).
After endless discussions we yielded and paid more money on your account than we earned by selling it to ART.

Some month later we read here at the forums that you sold the rear for 400 bucks, didn't tell anything about the huge damage (you told us that it would cost hundreds of dollars to make it fit) and you don't want to pay the money for the rear skirt back althought you caused a damage on it or maybe the parcel service, whatever.
That is what makes us a little bit angry - you cried when you wanted money from us/ART and now you are in the same situation and you are refusing to pay...

Okay, maybe it was a bit rashly to call you a cheater without knowing all those facts and backgrounds - sorry for that.

Just to make it clear again:
We paid money for a damage we didn't cause
We paid money to a customer who didn't buy at ELIA - who wasn't our customer
We paid more money than we earned

You don't want to pay money to your customer for a damage which was obviously caused by yourself

We have all those mails still to, what did I say about the rear?!Nothing wrong or bad, did I?!

Thanks guys...have fun with your Zs
Old 02-11-2009, 09:40 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=Sickboy101;6937033]
Originally Posted by sluggoZ
Sorry guys but I have to chime again & hopefully for the last time.... I have to defend myself again.
My email dated feb 8th to Stephen Gilmore states where I said that "I could not find a box". Remember he said to me BS?

This was after the fact. The delivery was already made and the shirt was already broken at the point. This was your response to me asking why you did ship this piece in a box? You made know mention of a box before you shipped it.
Whew...you do have a short memory...Did you read the PM's, clearly shows how I was going to deliver. I also mentioned in the PM not having a box.
Let's face reality...Like I said before...no way in hell a box would of mattered after seeing the condition of the pieces....
Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ELIA
It wouldn't have been a big thing to make it fit with some real glue (if you buy an ELIA bodypart you will always get some glue to mount it for free) but he didn't agree and wanted to use only doublesided tape...
By the way 400USD is a huge price for a used, warped, an wrong colour painted rear!
You claimed about a warped rear skirt and that it would be very expensive to fix it (just to let you know we didn't caise the damage, we didn't sell the rear to you - you were the customer of ART).
So which one is it?? When you don't want to give money back, it just needs glue.

When that guy decides to sell it, it's warped.

When it looks like you sold a fitment issue rear, ART damaged it.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Sickboy101

I guess we won't know till I have it fixed and mounted
Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

sounds like a whole lot of manipulation to get your partial refund from elia, and then some undisclosed info to sell off the part you no longer wanted, and then some poor shipping. definitely some blame to be had on both ends though. this is what happens when two stingy people come together and encounter an issue : )

I have a tip for you when it comes to shipping, if you can't find one appropriate sized box, you can probably find two that you can fabricate, and cut them up and secure them really nicely together to get some sort of protection on the package. a bag and bubble wrap does not equal secure packing! that offers very little resistance to any sort of impact and is probably why it broke. you really need a box and other things inside the box to pad the falls and the rough way they handle the packages.. common knowledge. really a bad idea to try to skimp out on shipping security too, especially if the shipping is going to be in a bag..

ultimately (imo), you did some semi shady stuff, and you share blame, and probably owe the dude some assistance with the fix, but it's just my opinion and you've already made up your mind.

shitty situation. I can see points from both sides.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
sluggoZ

Things are really getting misconceived....
The refund money was for my cost to cover the added expenses by me starting all over, if I'm starting all over!!!!! The rear skirt was OK & I was planning on going forward with the rear skirt being attached to my Z...I had already invested $890 & the refund money was to help me out with the added body shop expenses & this has no concerns or explanations to Sickboy101. Plain & simple, again, I was trying to cover my added expenses just like Sickboy is trying now for me to cover half of his expenses which in my eyes in un-justified...the story above tells it all.

I have emails stating all the facts about above paragraph which is the absolute truth in regards to the reason why Elia refunded money.

To prove this point about the quality & also the suggestion to sell...it was Daniel Hoefler himself. He comes on this forum & acted like why am I selling.
BTW just like Sickboy101 who also started this thread & acted like he never heard about a box, yes, my email was afterwards when the part was broken but let me make this clear... he acted like he knew nothing about "a box" when he started this thread. Sickboy101 was playing possum!

Here's one of Daniel's email comments, dated 7-21-08. ...."sell it or try to use glue".

Daniel also email me today & said (his exact words) he was "sorry for calling me a cheater" after I sent him a earlier email that I was going to call his boss about him calling me a cheater on an open forum when it was not true...
I said to him that I wanted him to go on the forum and say that your are sorry calling me a cheater & say it exactly because this is what you said in my email.
Also I said to Daniel, you need to clear up this mess about why the refund money was made. I had to refresh his memory, I think!
The refund money was made because I was trying to cover my added expenses by me starting all over. This is & was the exact truth.
As you all can see what Daniel posted above.

I sent the rearskirt to Sickboy101 in absolute good faith, what ever happens in the future is his problem...who ever is now interested please read all my past remarks & PM, its very important...I'm really getting fed up with all of this mess & I'm sorry about all the drama here & as I said in past emails to Sickboy101, I was sorry about how he received the pkg. it's not my fault period! I had to answer to all who chimed in on this thread & most importantly to defend my reputation as a member of my 350Z.
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Sickboy101

why did you need ELIA to refund money? Obviously you"did not start over"you ended up selling the rear skirt to me. All I asked is for you to cover half my expenses and you flat out said "NO". Your hiding behind my mistake for not paying the full duties - I admit that I used bad judgement. I will not make that same mistake again - hopefully you've learned a lesson as well. I'm sure many people on this forum will think twice about buying parts from you based on the way you pack them.

Not finding a box is a lame excuse - the difference in shipping costs from a box to bag would of have quadrupled your shipping expenses. Perhaps you should of used some of that refunded money from ELIA and ART to buy a box and we would not have been talking about this.

End of story!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
sluggoZ

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
why did you need ELIA to refund money? Obviously you"did not start over"you ended up selling the rear skirt to me. All I asked is for you to cover half my expenses and you flat out said "NO". Your hiding behind my mistake for not paying the full duties - I admit that I used bad judgement. I will not make that same mistake again - hopefully you've learned a lesson as well. I'm sure many people on this forum will think twice about buying parts from you based on the way you pack them.

Not finding a box is a lame excuse - the difference in shipping costs from a box to bag would of have quadrupled your shipping expenses. Perhaps you should of used some of that refunded money from ELIA and ART to buy a box and we would not have been talking about this.

End of story!
Your making me answer your poor excuses...Again...
1. Your were so cheap by not declaring $400, go back & review my comments & your lies. which is also stated the reason this mess never should of taken place at all. You read all the links and my ad where I stated that I decided to give it up in regards to going forward. I just had enough of all the time & money spent so I decided to sell!!!!! To me that's plain enough of a answer!
2. You accepted the fact & saw the pic on how the rear skirt was going to be shipped....so don't tell me how poorly (lame) the pkg was packed....it was packed 100% from the original packaging...you admitted yourself it was secured & we both agreed about how the shipping was disgraceful between the 2 countries so don't come back to me again about a BOX!
3. Geeze, all I did here was repeated what I've already said earlier
4. You just don't get it...or understand anything!!! Excuses, excuses, damm!
End of my story & drama Sorry guys!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
toples z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that can be fixed no problem call the (The Car Image) the guys name is Ken. Tel: (905) 731-2999(work) or Cell: (416) 823-8982
Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
why did you need ELIA to refund money? Obviously you"did not start over"you ended up selling the rear skirt to me.
End this madness already. The shipping company broke your piece. Take it to them and show them what happened. They will reimburse you accordingly or they will tell you it was not packaged properly.

If it's considered not packaged properly, the debate will then be whether you did you didn't agree to how the item would be packaged.

Whatever happened between him and elia is not your business. Why are you concerned? You knew of its defects and you bought it anyways. He could wipe his own *** with the money if he chooses to. His partial refund was a settlement for a rear piece with fitment issues he did not expect. He bought a piece that is expected to fit and it didn't. He paid for something and didn't get it. You bought a piece knowing full well what was needed to fit. You got exactly what you paid for. Want something better? Spend the extra cash and buy it brand new where you get some kind of warranty.

Last edited by bender; 02-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.