Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

World First MoTeC Plug & Play on 350Z...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Z350Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up World First MoTeC Plug & Play on 350Z...

Hello people,

Want to share the experience with you guys on the stand alone (almost) computer that I have got here downunder.

Nizpro from Melbourne, Australia has come up with a plug and play plug for the motec m600 and m800, so any tuner around the world can just buy the motec ecu and the wiring loom from Nizpro to tune their car straight away without spending time finding out which wires go where and cutting then re-joining the wires again... With this plug and play the motec takes over the entire engine management from the standard ecu while leaving the dbw working with the motec computer... so the car owner get to keep VDC, Cruise Control, TCS and also no engine check light!!!

As many of you have already known that I have the nismo s1 engine package installed on my car with many other extras... At first, the car was tuned quite poorly with motec m600 with motec DBW module by another tuner... and it was making 197rwKW = 267rwHP (nismo s1 engine) from 165rwKW = 224rwHP (with unichip and exhaust).... but the idle was hunting sometimes even at 1000rpm which makes crusing extremely hard...

Then I brought my car into Nizpro and let them take their time to do the plug and play wiring loom testing and also have the car tuned up further by this MoTeC Expert.... and on their dyno (different dyno from my previous tuner), it was making 180rwKW = 244rwHP.... and after 3 weeks of their work, just got my car with the plug and play wiring loom in place with even more power... it is making nearly 200rwKW = 272rwHP now and the car drives smoothly and idles like a stock car at 700rpm without any problem.... I thought we needed to perform what Tony from Performance Nissan suggested on the vaccum line or even adjust the idle higher with the consult II computer to avoid engine stalling out... but somehow neither of those were needed with the nismo spec 1 wild cams...

I am extremely happy with how the car turns out now and I was told by Simon from Nizpro that the stock Ferrari F355 is making around 206rwKW on their dyno (but that F355 was twin turboed afterwards by them)... They are very surprised that VQ35DE has such a good potential for tunings and I was also informed that if I replace the nismo Y-pipe with a custom piece and do some intake mods, they are confident with another 10rwKW+ = 13.6rwHP+...

Here are some dyno curve my car made by different tuners:

1st tuner and the gain:

Nizpro and the total gain (base line is straight from the previous tuner):

And if you are wondering what MoTeC computer can provide.... go to this link:

http://www.motec.com.au/m400m600.htm

cheers,

richie
Old 06-16-2005, 05:31 PM
raptorbh12

whoa thats extremly impressive, ok now what all is in the S1 concept engine that you have and how did you acquire the engine?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Z350Lover

we couldn't acquire the entire engine package... but instead... we bought as much parts as we could source from japan... what we didn't get are the intake pipe, nismo ECU and the engine cover shown in my signature penal...

What we've got in my car are:

Nismo Spec 1 Cams (Int: 276degree/11.0mm, Exh: 256degree/10.5mm)
Nismo VTC Pulley
Nismo Con-rod Bolts
Nismo Valve Springs
NGK Spark Plugs
Fuji Headers
Crawford Cats
Nismo flywheel
Nismo Catback exhaust
Motec M600 ECU with Nizpro's Plug and Play wiring loom
UR Crank Pulley

That's all...

cheers,

richie
Old 06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
aalzuhair

Nice

I'm working on it
Old 06-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Nathan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Richard
You have been very patient & understanding & deserve the final result that has been acheived.
With a little more time when you had the motor apart, you should have fitted HC pistons & I would estimate there to be another 10 klw minimum.
You American readers may not think the final result is that good but I will remind you that we use full load based dynos here in Australia (not inertia) & you can add another 10% to Richards result as a comparison
Old 06-16-2005, 06:17 PM
raptorbh12

Originally Posted by Nathan
Richard
You have been very patient & understanding & deserve the final result that has been acheived.
With a little more time when you had the motor apart, you should have fitted HC pistons & I would estimate there to be another 10 klw minimum.
You American readers may not think the final result is that good but I will remind you that we use full load based dynos here in Australia (not inertia) & you can add another 10% to Richards result as a comparison
on the contrary, 270+hp on a NA motor is extremly respectable, i only wish i would do that on my car.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Richie, you beat me to it. Simon just gave me the go-ahead to post it yesterday!

Anyway, let me post what's needed.

M600 MoTec ecu
M600 MoTec variable camshaft upgrade
Sensors include water/air temperature and manifold pressure
Patch plug from std loom to std Nissan ecu via MoTec ecu
Auxiliary sub loom for air/water and map sensors
N/A start up file to suit std fuel injector std fuel pressure and 98 ron premium unleaded fuel.
Price is $6503.13 AUD plus freight and insurance
This system can be fitted in a very short period of time and remove just as easily. You will need to weld in I fitting for the extra water temp sensor and we include the fitting and directions of where this needs to be positioned

Also, everyone keep in mind that this will completely take over the OEM ECU's ability to tell the engine what to do. Everything else will work like OEM. And the M800 is the engine management Performance Motorsports uses on their 8.33 (1/4 mile) VQ35DE 350Z, so the M600 and M800 are top notch products.

Last edited by nis350ztt; 06-16-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:41 PM
UnderPressure

Congrats.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Z350Lover

Originally Posted by Nathan
Richard
Thanks Peter/Nathan!

Yes... my patient finally pays off and it really goes nicely on the street! Pete, I thought about the HC pistons or even the better Con-rods, but I never knew if that would affect the reliability of the engine since only a few people in the world have got that done (including youself) and those are mainly for the racing purposes... that was the reason why I didn't go forward with the HC pistons.... but kinda regarded on the con-rod part... I couldn't find a more suitable con-rod (lighter for higher rev) back then...

cheers,

richie
Old 06-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Z350Lover

nis350ztt:

Simon mentioned that to me this morning... and there are a few people going to buy that off simon too as well from the States... I think it will definitely help you guys up in terms of tuning the car correctly because motec is seriously one of the best ECU providers in the world! Good luck with your tuning and have fun! Please give us some more updates on your tuning!

btw... with my idle at 650rpm (not 700rpm as stated earlier), the car has a very very very minor shakes (due to the high angle cams), but never stalls... but I just had the rpm bumped up by nissan to 800rpm and it is soooo smooth now!

cheers,

richie
Old 06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
anubyss

Is it possible to get just the patch plug? How much would that cost?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I'd be willing to bet that Simon could sell any of those parts seperately, so yes. If Richie doesn't know the answer to that (price), shoot Simon an email: nizprot@bigpond.net.au

Richie, I agree and thanks! And very nice to hear that your rough idle was fixed!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:55 PM
xxlbeerZ

Cool, this would work well in an FI application as well right?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Right. The only standalone available right now other than this is the HKS F-Con V-Pro which has a few downfalls that have to do with the way the OEM ECU operates (lose cruise control, VDC or TCS, etc.).
Old 06-16-2005, 10:04 PM
2JZfan

since this was an NA application, were you still using the MAF for metering? Regardless, on a setup where you want to eliminate the MAF, does the Motec have provisions for a programmable output to fool the stock ECU into thinking a MAF is still there so that it stays out of limp mode?

Also, is all the logic built into the motec and its modules, or does this jumper harness have some magical little boxes to condition and/or generate necessary signals?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Z350Lover

Jeff:

I am not exactly confident on how it works... but I am quite sure that the standard MAF is still in place and working as it should be though... But as in how to make everything works all together, that's the know-how of Nizpro already...

Simon drove my car back to Nissan dealer this morning before I picked up the car to reset the ecu and also to clear all the error codes that came up when the throttle, ecu and many things were disconnected... and right now, there is no engine error code or CEL at all and CEL will still be working as normal too... I don't really know how Simon did that, but he did it!

Then I went into my nissan dealer just to set the rpm slightly (100rpm) higher to 800rpm to get rid of the VERY VERY VERY mininum engine shaking at idle (due to the wild cam I guess)... and nissan had no problem doing so or telling me there is a fault... etc.

Because I believe in the standard MAF is not used or it has got the wrong signal.. etc, the CEL should be lit... but no CEL so far since I got the car back and drove out several times between my office and my clients' offices..

cheers,

richie
Old 06-17-2005, 01:50 AM
nuff

Regarding the MAF, with motec you can use either MAF or MAP, but I'm not sure how the stock ECU would react if you would use MAP. Also with Motec you can install the MAF in much larger diameter intake tube and adjust the ECU as needed to compensate in the larger air volume, since now you are using Motec not stock ECU.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:11 AM
2JZfan

well, the F-Con Pro for example, outputs voltages to simulate the MAF's output under all rpm and load conditions... if the stock ECU doesn't see the correct "calculated load" at all times it will get upset... I'm just thinking forward to the forced induction case with 600+ hp and thinking that trying to get the stock MAF to reside in the system in a way that it still makes the stock ECU happy, and yet also gives the motec proper air flow information would be a real pain... I would certainly want to use the Motec in speed density mode, and ideally I could remove the MAF from the airpath altogether... is there any contact info for Nizpro (other than the phone # above, is there an email address or website for them)?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-17-2005, 05:18 AM
aalzuhair

Originally Posted by 2JZfan
well, the F-Con Pro for example, outputs voltages to simulate the MAF's output under all rpm and load conditions... if the stock ECU doesn't see the correct "calculated load" at all times it will get upset... I'm just thinking forward to the forced induction case with 600+ hp and thinking that trying to get the stock MAF to reside in the system in a way that it still makes the stock ECU happy, and yet also gives the motec proper air flow information would be a real pain... I would certainly want to use the Motec in speed density mode, and ideally I could remove the MAF from the airpath altogether... is there any contact info for Nizpro (other than the phone # above, is there an email address or website for them)?

Thanks,
Jeff
http://www.nizpro.com.au/
Old 06-17-2005, 05:56 AM
ALong

Richie, very impressive results. FYI for everyone, Richies car is putting out more HP at the wheels than a Ferrari 355 which were rated at 380hp at the crank!

Richie, put a rollcage in it and lets do the Bathurst 24hrs! Bet we could do well....

Quick Reply: World First MoTeC Plug & Play on 350Z...