Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Quaife LSD ... finally available!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 06:00 PM
bullseye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
4 Quaife LSD's have been sold, including one that we'll be installing here on a customer's car. If anyone has any questions, or is interested in getting in on this price, just let me know. I'm going to offer this pricing for 1 more week.
Thanks to Sharif, my "bulletproof" Quaife ATB differential is on its way, to be delivered on Monday. I can hardly wait for it to get here. I had one on my last car, a '95 Maxima SE 5MT, and it made a night and day difference in the way that car accelerated out of a corner and launched itself at the drags. It saved my bacon on slippery pavement more than once, too. It is such a great piece, and its arrival was so highly anticipated, I'm shocked there are not any more takers lined up to buy one. Honest to God, I thought there would be DOZENS sold the first week.

Anybody who drives in a spirited fashion around town, especially those with plans to go FI, would do well to get one of these while the early-bird special buy-window is still open. I will make arrangements to have mine installed as soon as I can, and I will be happy to provide feedback as it develops...
Old 07-27-2005, 06:24 PM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those buying it please post reviews so those of us on the fence can make a decision
Old 07-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

^^^Thats a great idea....can't wait to see all the reviews^^^

I'll also be road testing the customer's car, on which we are installing the Quaife, as well as the APS TT kit, and some other goodies. I'll post my impressions next week.

I am interested to see how the Quaife compares to the ATS Carbon LSD...also very highly rated.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:40 PM
dklau33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered mine today. Thanks Sharif for the quick and helpful, friendly service. Looking forward to testing this out on the track although that's still at least a few months away.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by dklau33
Just ordered mine today. Thanks Sharif for the quick and helpful, friendly service. Looking forward to testing this out on the track although that's still at least a few months away.

Thanks Darren.....your will be shipping today!

I do recall the original interest list for the Quaife that THX started several months ago, had well over 30 people on it...where did they all go?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:37 AM
ALong

Still have a set of Open Diff Stub Axles with 950miles on them for sale....perfect condition. (Switched to LSD Stub Axles when I installed a Kazz Diff.) Make me an offer, cheaper than buying new, but in as new condition.

Alex
Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 AM
dklau33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ALong
Still have a set of Open Diff Stub Axles with 950miles on them for sale....perfect condition. (Switched to LSD Stub Axles when I installed a Kazz Diff.) Make me an offer, cheaper than buying new, but in as new condition.

Alex
ALong, you got PM bud.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:19 PM
zillinois

Thanks Darren.....your will be shipping today!

I do recall the original interest list for the Quaife that THX started several months ago, had well over 30 people on it...where did they all go?
The extra cost of axles and unknown compatibility of the 3.9 are keeping me away. Looks great, but I'll probably end up with the NISMO.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by zillinois
The extra cost of axles and unknown compatibility of the 3.9 are keeping me away. Looks great, but I'll probably end up with the NISMO.

You could always take a look at the ATS carbon LSD...direct swap for the VLSD guys, and MUCH MUCH quieter than the Nismo.
Here is a link: http://www.forgedinternals.com/store...cat=261&page=1

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 07-28-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:35 PM
THX723

Zillinois,
That is a question better answered by the 350EVO folks. If the 3.9 gear set is a plug and play affair into the oem OPEN diff., then the Quaife should accomodate it no problem, as it doesn't altered the ring and pinion gear offsets.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:35 PM
zillinois

Originally Posted by THX723
Zillinois,
That is a question better answered by the 350EVO folks. If the 3.9 gear set is a plug and play affair into the oem OPEN diff., then the Quaife should accomodate it no problem, as it doesn't altered the ring and pinion gear offsets.
I don't think anyone has tried a 3.9 in a open diff. Most people get at least the VLSD if they have the base model and want a 3.9. I've got an email into BJ, but I'm kind of doubting they will know either.

For hard core tracksters, the ATS is not the best way to go either. Even ATS admits that the carbon get slower lap times.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

For hard core tracksters, the ATS is not the best way to go either. Even ATS admits that the carbon get slower lap times.
ATS claims their metal diff is still better for a pure race car....they use them on the JGTC cars. But for street driven cars, that see dual duty as track day cars...carbon is a better option, IMHO.

I just dont think most people will enjoy the Nismo LSD on the street. The car I sampled was down right embarrassing to drive in a parking lot due to the barking, locking, and skidding. And this unit was installed properly at a Nissan dealership that does a LOT of aftermarket mod installs.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 07-28-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:29 AM
g356gear

I just dont think most people will enjoy the Nismo LSD on the street. The car I sampled was down right embarrassing to drive in a parking lot due to the barking, locking, and skidding. And this unit was installed properly at a Nissan dealership that does a LOT of aftermarket mod installs.
My KAAZ LSD was the same.....very loud and obnoxiuos. I had more than 1 sideways look when I turned around a street corner with people waiting to cross.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:55 AM
dirtroad

Ordered mine yesterday... can't wait to slap it on... finally, something made just for us basers.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:51 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by dirtroad
Ordered mine yesterday... can't wait to slap it on... finally, something made just for us basers.

Sweet.....thank you. All shipments are on the way! I have one arriving on MOnday for a customer's car for local install. I'll post some pics once I recieve it.

$1380 pricing good until Wed...then I'm wrapping up this GB. 7 units have been sold!
Old 07-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Machupo

The car I sampled was down right embarrassing to drive in a parking lot due to the barking, locking, and skidding.

I bet mine was even louder/jerkier
Old 07-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Badfish25

Sharif, What will be your price for the diff after the group buy? I'm considering it heavily, but I don't close on my house until at least wednesday and won't have the $ till then.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Badfish25
Sharif, What will be your price for the diff after the group buy? I'm considering it heavily, but I don't close on my house until at least wednesday and won't have the $ till then.

Retail is $1495 plus shipping which is about $30. Most shops dont discount these much at all.

However, my everyday price will be the lowest around, at $1470 shipped. When I order 4-5 at a time, I can get much better pricing on them, vs. one at a time.

THE GB pricing will remain until Wed...PM me if you need a one day extension. You can place the order, and in the comments section, just let me know when its OK to charge the CC.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Machupo
I bet mine was even louder/jerkier

I havent had to chance to drive your car around the parking lot yet....so I can hear for myself. I'll do it on Monday.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:16 AM
dirtroad

Got mine a day after ordering it - now I'm wondering how long a shop should take to install it??
Base model, so it should only be an hour or two, right?

Quick Reply: Quaife LSD ... finally available!