sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AAM vs CJ motorsports fuel system

ok why would you buy one vs the other?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:55 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand, they are actually both functionally the same since AAM released the version 2 of their kit.

CJM has anodized fuel rails, so if you have an intake manifold, you can show them off.

Other than that, I think it's personal preference.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:59 PM
sentry65
the burninator

yeah, so the CJM rails look nicer than the AAM ones? I was going to go with silver, not blue rails if I got the CJM

The AAM fuel lines are SS braided lines which IMO look better than the darker CJM lines

If they really are the same in fuctionality, then I might end up getting the AAM and save $275

any issues with using one of these systems with an NA car and the emanage ultimate with walbro pump and 440 injectors? I know it's not needed and is overkill, but plan on FI in the future and figure why not just throw it on now.

I'll be doing close to 295whp I'm guessing, maybe more on 101 octane on a 2nd map for the emanage ultimate

Last edited by sentry65; 09-01-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:12 PM
002-M-P

There was a thread a bit ago (That i can't seem to find now) where phunk and aam were each arguing over their products. And yes they are both functionally very SIMILAR but not exactly the same.

The SS lines in the AAM kit may look better to show off, but they are rubber lined and SS braided. The lines used in the CJM kit are Teflon lined (PTFE), SS braided, then rubber coated to prevent any abrasion.

The CJM kit also is an entirely new fuel system, minus the fuel pump assembly. The AAM kit does not come with a new Feed hose from the fuel pump where the CJM one does and has a nice clip that goes straight to the factory clip on the fuel pump assembly.

Lastly the CJM kit uses a larger return line (-6 over -4 I believe) than the AAM kit. AAM claims the larger line is not needed, but tests done by charles showed him enough difference to make it bigger.

So basically what I am saying is...while the AAM kit is a great kit and shouldn't be played down at all for what it is, I believe the CJM kit is well worth the extra 275.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:34 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by 002-M-P
There was a thread a bit ago (That i can't seem to find now) where phunk and aam were each arguing over their products. And yes they are both functionally very SIMILAR but not exactly the same.

The SS lines in the AAM kit may look better to show off, but they are rubber lined and SS braided. The lines used in the CJM kit are Teflon lined (PTFE), SS braided, then rubber coated to prevent any abrasion.

The CJM kit also is an entirely new fuel system, minus the fuel pump assembly. The AAM kit does not come with a new Feed hose from the fuel pump where the CJM one does and has a nice clip that goes straight to the factory clip on the fuel pump assembly.

Lastly the CJM kit uses a larger return line (-6 over -4 I believe) than the AAM kit. AAM claims the larger line is not needed, but tests done by charles showed him enough difference to make it bigger.

So basically what I am saying is...while the AAM kit is a great kit and shouldn't be played down at all for what it is, I believe the CJM kit is well worth the extra 275.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:00 PM
sentry65
the burninator

thanks, i read that thread a long time ago and was left with the impression that the CJM one was better or at least designed the right way from the very start.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope this doesnt turn into another debate...LOL. The biggest visible difference between the two systems are the teflon braided lines, and the -6 feed fine on the CJM kit. The returns lines and the rails and other pieces on both kits at are all -6.

The AAM doesnt use a new feed line, as their tests showed that -6 was overkill for even very very high whp cars.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:57 AM
002-M-P

Yeah, i wasn't trying to turn this into a debate, just trying to make it clear that they are not functionally identical, just very similar.

I work for a company right now and we make a huge chunk of the industries PTFE lined, SS braided hose. Its a long process but after seeing test samples between the two I will only choose PTFE lined hose.