Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

CMODS Brake Torque Kit (Illuminated & Non-Illuminated)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 08:24 PM
MySunset350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMODS Brake Torque Kit (Illuminated & Non-Illuminated)

First, some background information:

The ECU on the 350Z and G35 was designed to cut power to the wheels by 30% when it senses that both the brake and gas pedals are pressed at the same time. This is strictly a safety feature to better assist the brakes in overpowering the gas pedal in case a driver suddenly panics (and steps on both pedals) in certain situations. However this feature is a pain for those of us who track or drag our Z's and G's and purposely step on both pedals at once. This is the case when we warm up the tires before a run for better traction or power brake to get the rpm's that much closer to the cars Max performance range at take off. Hence the birth of this kit.

There are many reasons for this cost effective mod. Enjoying a burnout that can last as long as the rubber on your tires will allow you, is the most important, for some of us anyway. It also allows you to brake torque (power brake), without having to worry about the ECU cutting power. The ECU will not be able to sense that both pedals are pressed at once. In return, this will allow you get into the desired rpm range for a better launch or burnout without worrying about power loss. This modification also eliminates the need to have to constantly pull and replace the fuse every time you want to do a burnout by giving you easy access control by use of a switch. To top it all off, the benefits of this kit far outweigh the costs.

Why make this kit:

1. To eliminate 30% power loss that is experienced during brake torque (power braking).
2. Get rid of the annoyance of having to constantly jump in and out of your car and bend over and pull muscles you didn't know you had just so you can do a burnout.
3. Do both 1 and 2 while keeping costs to a minimum.

To keep things simple (and keep costs down) it was setup to shut off the system as its root (right at the fuse), so you will lose your brake lights when this kit is in use. Your brakes will function like normal and the only things that will not work are the lights in the back. Control for this is routed to a switch for easy on/off access. You simply flip the switch off, do your burnout or race or both and then flip the switch back on when you're done. This kit is separate from the traction control system as well, so it wont turn off the traction control.

About the kit:

All kits come with 4ft of wire to give you more mounting options. I made this kit and connected it to a modified fuse to assure a simple and safe installation. It connects just like stock to the fuse panel so you can be sure that the kit will never slip out of place. All connections are sottered AND shrink wrapped. Also with each kit you get a switch, zip ties and installation instructions with pictures to help complete the installation process. Simple 2 wire setup make for a quick and safe installation. Also offered, is an illuminated version of the kit. The illuminated version comes with an illuminated LED switch available in red, amber, green, and blue. When the LED is on, your car will funtion like normal. When the LED is off, it's time to burn some rubber. The illuminated version is a simple 3 wire install. Detailed instructions with pictures are also included with the illuminated kit.

For pictures and pricing information, please click on the link below.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....27#post1727627

If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me or email me at N35003@aol.com
Thank you.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome mod. lol the price is... um... acceptable? but hey, what do i know? i'm drunk. :-D
Old 09-25-2005, 03:19 AM
undrgnd

Just pull the fuse. Unless of-course you are buying tires every other week due to burnouts. In which case, the cost of this mod is not an issue.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:36 AM
Acree

ok... i totally don't remember making that post so i thought it was strange when this showed up in my email.

good idea man, i think i might do this one myself.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:24 AM
MySunset350Z

yes, you can just pull the fuse, as i mentioned above. but its nice to have it incase you have to brake torque when your not expecting. saves time and saves you having to get out of your car to pull the fuse. my .02 cents.

thanks.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:54 AM
MySunset350Z

A quick note. When paying, please be sure to include your my350z.com screen name so i have a way of knowing who you are.

thank you for your orders.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:45 AM
MySunset350Z

new pictures of the kit are up. also, a few pics of how the illuminated switches look when they are on. (in all 4 available colors)
Old 10-07-2005, 09:54 PM
MySunset350Z

New pricing on the next 5 non-illuminated kit orders.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....77#post1759677
Old 11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
MySunset350Z

Illuminated and non-Illuminated kits are on 20% off holiday special. This offer began 11/01/05 and will end 12/17/05.

Click below for details. thank you.

https://my350z.com/forum/inventor-classifieds/150520-20-off-holiday-special-cmods-brake-torque-kit.html
Old 12-01-2005, 12:09 PM
MySunset350Z

A few days left to get in on the great offer of 20% Off.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150520
Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 AM
MySunset350Z

After 31+k miles on the stock tires, it was finally time to get new ones. I decided to do one last burnout before the tire change. nothing major, but i thought id share.

TCS was off and brake torque kit installed and activated. Easy burn threw 1st and 2nd. I could of easily gone into 3rd, but i didnt want to overdue it with the neighbors and there were parked cars coming up. Although the kids across the street wanted me to do it again. lol.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....D-0277A32CE195