Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

More Power

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:24 PM
odarabla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Power

I am looking for other peoples thoughts/opintions on other mods for my 2004 350Z 6mt. I have already dynoed the car with just the injen CAI and it made 255rwhp and 250rwtrq. Since then I have added Greddy sp2 exhaust and Strup headers. I don't know how much power the rest of these mods added since the dyno shop was knocked out by the Hurricane (It should be open in about another week or two). I don't want to open the block and I am trying not to go FI since this seems to be more trouble and not as reliable as NA. I have thought about the cams and the reflash but I don't want to mail my ECU to another state for 2 weeks and the cams don't seem to be worth the money. I plan on adding the Kenitix high flow cats and intake plenum but how much will all these things really do for power. What other options do I have? What mods yeild the best power gains? What other ECU upgrades can I look at for the car? Changing the Y pipe shouldn't add power since the stock pipe is the same size as the aftermarket pipe right? Please help with these concerns. Thanks a Millon guys!!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:18 AM
sisco534

Crawford Plenum and cats, Crank pulley , test pipes ,ECU flash and your just about done unless you go with building the motor or FI.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:59 AM
plumpzz

jesus 250/250 is mad good buddy. The plenum will make a good amount of power and is def under "best bang / buck " area .in NA atleast. I'd go for kinetix SSV, whcih i just ordered, if your serious about NA. NA cars make beastly sounding cars that are pretty tame. But if driven right, they can run most t/c'd cars off a track.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:03 AM
defex

Originally Posted by odarabla
I am looking for other peoples thoughts/opintions on other mods for my 2004 350Z 6mt. I have already dynoed the car with just the injen CAI and it made 255rwhp and 250rwtrq. Since then I have added Greddy sp2 exhaust and Strup headers. I don't know how much power the rest of these mods added since the dyno shop was knocked out by the Hurricane (It should be open in about another week or two). I don't want to open the block and I am trying not to go FI since this seems to be more trouble and not as reliable as NA. I have thought about the cams and the reflash but I don't want to mail my ECU to another state for 2 weeks and the cams don't seem to be worth the money. I plan on adding the Kenitix high flow cats and intake plenum but how much will all these things really do for power. What other options do I have? What mods yeild the best power gains? What other ECU upgrades can I look at for the car? Changing the Y pipe shouldn't add power since the stock pipe is the same size as the aftermarket pipe right? Please help with these concerns. Thanks a Millon guys!!
Hey man, you live in New orleans? I'm picking up my Z next weekend. Know any other Z owners around here? We should have a meet. There's nothing else to do considering everything's CLOSED!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:27 AM
odarabla

Default New Orleans

Originally Posted by defex
Hey man, you live in New orleans? I'm picking up my Z next weekend. Know any other Z owners around here? We should have a meet. There's nothing else to do considering everything's CLOSED!

Sorry it took so long for me to get back on here. Yea I live in Ormand Estates In Destrehan. I have a few Z/G buddies around the area. We go to no problem race way sometimes on Wednesday night for test and tune night. For $10 bucks you can make as many passes as you want. Or you can go on the weekends for the same price and get into bracket racing. If you are looking to get stuff done to your car order all the parts you want yourself and have sonic boom install them. They seem to get a little crazy on the markup of the products sometime, you can get things cheaper yourself. I started another post on here looking for New Orleans members to have a meet but the results wasn't very productive. If you know any other folks that would like to meet (maybe at No Problem) let me know. I'll see what I can setup. Nice hearing from a local member.