Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Racelogic Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:55 PM
mrtomcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racelogic Traction Control

Has anyone installed one of these on a 350Z?
What makes this traction control better than the Stock one?

It looks very interesting especially for high horsepower applilcations and since we usually have to turn of the tcs when running at the track I'm wondering if the racelogic is a good investment or not.

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control
Old 11-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing. I am very interested in this also
Old 11-22-2005, 02:59 AM
atlsupdawg#2

mrtomcat,
I helped a local guy here install one a few years back and it's a very good system. If I remember, it comes set-up with 5% slip when the system is set to "dry", 0% slip when set to "wet". The three adjustable units are 10%, 15% and 20% slip. You can also hook the system up to a lap top and create your own maps based on track / driving conditions. This set-up is A LOT faster reacting than the generic OEM stuff and in fact this T/C is based on what they use(d) in FI (if they're still letting them run that way).

The sensors splice right into the ABS wheel sensors and the computer monitors each of the 4 wheel speeds to sense an impending slip. It cuts fuel by 50% and cuts the spark in the cylinder that's slated to fire next when it does sense slip. Essentially, you'll just end up shooting unburnt fuel/air out of the tailpipes. Makes for nice flames depending on how much slip you have dialed in.

They say the best drivers, which happen to be rally drivers, have reaction times that can maintain anywhere from 7% to 10% slip. Most of us, anywhere from 25% to 32% slip. When we finally took the car out on the freeway and around some nice turns you can really accelerate out of turn with comfidence but it still doesn't make up for s***ty driving. He also had the launch feature which lets you set a rev limit to like 4000 - 4500 rpm and keep the throttle floored without hitting the stock limiter. When you fully engage the clutch the system cuts the launch and now it's just working to maintain your set slip amount. Good for turbo prespool at the track or running up against a torque monster from a red light.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:08 AM
SoFl_G

The high RWHP RX7 crowd pounced on this system a few years back when I still had my FD. It was definately on my must have list, although selling the FD made it a moot point. This system ROCKS for street driven vehicles as it will hold the drive tires to a slip percentage that you select. It makes for very consistant launches and also very controlable launches. It saves wear and tear on the drive line, prevents the rear tires from going up in smoke and generaly makes your launches very consistant and once you find the slip percentage that works best for your car allows for very good and consistant 60' times. The difference between this system and the factory oneis the factory one wants to eliminate ALL wheel spin. It's programmed far too aggressively. The Racelogic one shoots for a target wheel spin percentage and holds the car there. If/when I TT my G, it will be on my must have list.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 AM
overZealous1

how much is this unit?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

It's aprx $1300 - $1600 based on options and features, launch control, etc...

I don't know of anyone that's installed one on a VDC equiped Z or G - I'm considering ordering one based on loosing VDC with the HKS FCON V Pro...
Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if im not mistaken somebody on this board did install this system. i think they were from seattle or vancouver. maybe that will help with a search.

edit*
here is the thread, and the member is spdkils

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/134214-racelogic-after-market-tc.html

Last edited by hndumafia; 11-22-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:32 PM
mrtomcat

very good info thanks!

I know there's only one authorized dealer in the US who is in portland.

This is looking more and more interesting
Old 11-22-2005, 04:48 PM
spdkils

You can install it on any 350z

If your shop can install the EU they can install the RL.

The stock clutch sensor is at the very bottom, so it doesn't work well for FT shift. The launch control is nice, and as long as you don't hit it constantly the multi-misfire engine code doesn't turn on.

As far as the TC is concerned, it was best to set the wheel sizes etc while in motion at about 60mph. It will be most accurate then and you wont get 'false' wheel spin. (Since it just compares wheel speeds if your tire sizes are wrong, at certain speeds on sweeping corners it was lighting it up for me. I had to fix that.)

Now that I have the Quaife installed, as well as the AT ring gear... I plan on taking a new set of 0-60mph pulls.

Since my last postings of times, I've change the ring gear to an AT, changed the clutch to an ATS twin carbon, and installed the quaife.

spdkils