Who said it can't be done?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Zland, I think the participants here understand they are doing this mainly for fun, and the scientific methodogly of this ad-hoc test is going to be flawed. I think most of us, myself included, are just curious to see the DJ numbers. As mentioned, if its anywhere near 300whp give or take...I think everyone will be happy.

Even if we run his car again on the DD, its doubtful we'll get precisely the same numbers.
Just a suggestion and as long as everyone (and their nuts) are ok with it, who am I to disagree.

When we we publish dynos SZM mag., we try to do our best to be accurate and want to make sure the readers and manufactures of these products know that within reason, the dyno is accurate.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

other thing to keep in mind is what Dynojet it will be done on...the new versions and older versions are completely different in the types of readings they give

I'm watching the thread with interest. I personally do not expect this car to hit 300 whp given the mods, but we'll have to wait and see tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:20 PM
fito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, anything is possible, My G35 has tottaly stock internals and has 525hp and has made 11.0@125mph (with video and time slip!).something a LOT of people called BS until I posted the video and time slip. So anything is posible
Old 01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by fito
For me, anything is possible, My G35 has tottaly stock internals and has 525hp and has made 11.0@125mph (with video and time slip!).something a LOT of people called BS until I posted the video and time slip. So anything is posible
How many miles have you driven your car at those hp levels?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Javi

I've been looking through all the recent threads about both the UTEC and the Ultimate ECU's. It is obvious that when a car can be fine tuned in a Dyno, will achieve more power than one with a generic programming, i.e. the TS re-flash.
When I pulled 295whp in a dynojet, some members didn't believe it, so I had to go to another dynojet and prove them wrong
Maybe G will reach 300whp... and if he does; I WILL get me a UTEC or Ultimate, and wish for a little more than 315whp NA...

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/112939-update-295whp-n-a-with-ts-reflash.html
Old 01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
fito

my car has now about 10,000 miles on this setup with no problems exept clutch.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:34 PM
KaiserSoze

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Allow me to clarify, The skepticism is not with Shariff, Eric or the Dyno Dynamics Dyno, which IMO is the best Dyno available, which is why we plopped down the 50G's in cash to buy one..However, what the real issue is that a Dyno Dynamics Dyno reads very similar to a Mustang Dyno, which IMO is more accurate than a Dyno Jet and its 3000lb inertia rollers.. When correction percentages come into play so that someone can see an "ESTIMATE" of what kind of HP they might be making on a different type of dyno,there becomes conflict...I say just leave the Dyno Dynamics #s alone and let them read what they read, and run your car not your Dyno Slip, however 90% of people are looking for that big Dyno # no matter what.
I have seen great fluctuation from Dyno to Dyno..We made 428whp on a DD dyno and then corrected the car to 490whp Dyno jet #'s, then went to an actual Dyno jet and pulled 470whp..Then went to a different Dyno jet and pulled 498whp..So it really does not matter in the end, does it..My time slip does not lie and shows a 126mph trap speed at 12.0 with a 2.3 60ft rolling off the line with no launch..I know may car is fast and I dont need a Dyno slip to prove it, simply 1300 feet of open road..lol
A Dyno is simply a tool used to tune and test a vehicle in a safe controlled environment..
You're 20 feet short on your open road . I totally agree with you on the tool part though. I've never really liked the idea of comparing dyno numbers just for the sake of sharing dyno numbers b/c there's just too many variables to take into consideration. But an 8.2% increase from tuning is going to show up as 8.2% regardless of the dyno used. And that's a pretty impressive increase. I'm still curious about the dynojet number though considering that nowdays horsepower has gone from being 33,000 lb-ft/min to "whatever a dynojet says it is". LOL.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:44 PM
nosser

i'm subscribing...
Old 01-17-2006, 08:55 PM
03znj
Know it all

suscribing!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:14 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiserSoze
that nowdays horsepower has gone from being 33,000 lb-ft/min to "whatever a dynojet says it is". LOL.
There are multiple angles to look at this from.. so I will explain why it is I care to attack the numbers created on the CP Race DD Dyno.

Dynojets are known to read high. They may not be accurate at all in terms of actual real world horsepower. But REGARDLESS of that fact for a very long time they were the most popular dyno in the USA... the Dynojet 248c to be exact.

The dynojet 248c is almost ALWAYS used with ONLY SAE correction (and when its not, you can clearly see this on the graph). OK so maybe the dynojet reads a little higher then real world... but at least that is a CONSTANT. With everyone DYNOJET 248C produced graph you can CLEARLY SEE that it was SAE correction (when applied) and when its at or near sea level you can always rely on an accurate comparison with another under the same conditions.

Now about my problem with the graph in this thread... First of all... all the owners/operators of a load dyno want to KNOCK the dynojet cause its a POS for all the reasons their load dyno salesman explained.

HOWEVER they feel the need to try their best to emulate the dynojet numbers anyway. So their dyno salesman pops out a percentage that happened on a random test vehicle between their dyno and a Dynojet. Now all of a sudden we are supposed to believe that a Dynojet will always read 13% higher then a Dyno Dynamics? That is horse****. I dont care if you have examples, cause there are examples that prove otherwise just as well. Some will be 13, some will be 5, some will be 20. There is no way that two completely different machines are going to be a precise % different.

Then comes in the deception. On a dyno dynamics and other load based dynos, the owners/operators are jacking up their numbers because they feel short handed by the shadow that has been overcast by the Dynojet 248c and our expectations. HOWEVER they DO NOT CLEARLY SHOW on their graphs that this "DYNOJET EMULATION JACK UP" as been applied.

So now while they have everyone convinced their dyno reads LOWER then a dynojet, they have their graphs jacking up the numbers to god knows what, without even clearly stating this on the graph. So now its like "WOWWOW my car made XXXrwhp on a DD which always reads LOWER then a DJ and I have no idea that this is after an unorthodox correction factor and even tho I am a totaly cool guy and totaly respectable, I have NO IDEA wtf is really going on here. Oh hey look at this I broke all the records."

SHARIF and CP RACE have admited publicly in the past that they apply this percentage to their graphs. So I do not have any beef with them. But the beef I do have is with the, pardon my language, IGNORANCE that will float around as a result of the graphs produced with these non-SAE correction factors that are not CLEARLY STATED. With a Dyno Dynamics graph, you have NO IDEA what you are even looking at. How do we know if its a 13%, 25%, 0 %???

So to make it clear, i have NO PROBLEMS with SHARIF, Forged Internals, CP RACE, or the owner of this car. I am simply calling BS on the RWHP of said vehicle because I have enough evidence to personally believe that these results are not fairly comparable to other 350z.

Prove me wrong on Thursday, and I will gladly apologize and congratulate you... if its that easy to get 313rwhp out of these cars, then the entire community is to benefit, and I am all about benefitting the community.

Thanks for reading and please take no offense to what I feel the is the most logical understanding of this. As always, correct me where I am wrong... I know that I dont know everything (not yet anyway )

EDIT: HOWEVER, even if the car makes 310 or so rwhp on the Underground Racing Dynojet 248c... while I will step back into the shadows and eat my own words, I COMPLETELY understand if ALBERTO wishes to FURTHER DISPUTE the results!

Last edited by phunk; 01-17-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Z350Lover

Originally Posted by G I Love My Car
Please understand that I am not new at this, I did not think that it would happen either. We have already decided that I have a freak motor by some of the other dynos, but also understand I am one of the only NA Z's that is going the EmangeUltimate route for tuning. So no one really knows what the Z is capable of with this tuning method. Even the utec has started to show decent numbers but as time goes on I think that everyone is going to be suprised by what the standalone or piggyback ecus will do
Good numbers though.... but I have been using MoTeC to tune the car and that is said to be the BEST/Ultimate ECU in the whole world... don't wanna disappoint you, but I don't get close to that number even I have 11.5:1 high compression ratio pistons in the engine (although aussie dyno machines read a lot lower number than the US dyno machines, about 20% drivetrain loss)... so far without being able to get the complete tune up due to an exhaust valve float at 7700rpm (fixing it now), I have got only 209.5rwKW (285rwHP and around 356HP at the engine) with all the possible N/A mods that I can put in besides a brand new crankshaft...

I seroiusly wouldn't mind to see that number on my car though... a very nice number!

cheers,

richie

Last edited by Z350Lover; 01-17-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:38 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by Z350Lover
(285rwHP and around 356HP at the engine)
285 * 1.13 = 322

congratulations on the new world record!!!

j/k, i am sure your car would make over 300rwhp on a dynojet... surely with all the great modifications you have.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Z350Lover

Charles.... you read it wrongly ... it was... 285RWHP.... and I was trying to calcualte the engine power with the 20% drivetrain loss... so that.s 285/0.8 = 356 (Engine power, not the wheel power).... and 285RWKW = 209.5rwKW as I stated previously.. sorry for the misunderstanding

cheers,

richie
Old 01-17-2006, 10:27 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

And to add to the confusion, they have even changed the way Manufactures rate hp at the crank recently thus 287hp at the crank 3 years ago is not the same as 287hp at the crank now.

It is getting harder and harder to have true bragging rights. I guess the good part is it allows many of us to feel like our cars are running special. Bottom line is come Wed., if it dynos over 300hp, he will get his 15 mins of fame and Alberto's nuts will get a lot of pain.....
Old 01-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Nathan

Originally Posted by Z350Lover
Charles.... you read it wrongly ... it was... 285RWHP.... and I was trying to calcualte the engine power with the 20% drivetrain loss... so that.s 285/0.8 = 356 (Engine power, not the wheel power).... and 285RWKW = 209.5rwKW as I stated previously.. sorry for the misunderstanding

cheers,

richie
Richie
Phunk hasn't got it wrong, he was just pointing out that if your HP figure (achieved on consevitive calibrated dyno) had a +13% correction factor added to it, it would be a record for a NA motor on our forum. And as our forum has members from around the world, that makes it a world record.
Well I think thats what he ment

Last edited by Nathan; 01-18-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:11 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed...
Old 01-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Z350Lover

Originally Posted by Nathan
Richie
Phunk hasn't got it wrong, he was just pointing out that if your HP figure (achieved on consevitive calibrated dyno) had a +13% correction factor added to it, it would be a record for a NA motor on our forum.
And seeing our forum is mostly Yanks, Aussies & couple from the Middle East that will count as a world record by me
Oh.... I see.... sorry..... I thought Charles was talking about converting rwHP back to engine HP... my appology to Charles and everyone!!!

But Peter, you have got the highest one I would say... with 214rwKW+ on your N/A race car...

cheers,

richie
Old 01-18-2006, 01:39 AM
eat rice z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dido need to watch his dynojet dyno hehehehe 235 whp rofl
Old 01-18-2006, 04:15 AM
myG35zx

Credit card in hand; car on trailer; driver resting. If he is over 300, I am sending my car to Sharif. I so want this to be true. Please, please, please let this be true!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:46 AM
pimp1911

Subscribing.

The class of 03 has been waiting a long time for this. Fellow Z'rs that have thrown the kitchen sink at the Z and not hit 300.

Performance Nissan guys
Crawford Guys
Aussie's
Z1

Looks like a stack deck. We will see.