Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Good News: ECU outlook good

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 09:24 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will they license this to performance shops around the contry so maybe we can have it done locally?
Old 06-06-2003, 10:24 PM
NissanJunkie

Read enough.... When can this be available to us?? and if now where can i sign up?
Old 06-07-2003, 12:18 AM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Chebosto
and to demand such a thing is preposterous, insensitive, ignorant, and very VERY disrespectful for those hard working engineers developing a product that is the FIRST in the united states specifically engineered for our cars......
Cheston
chestoncchiu@hotmail.com
You're kidding, right? Actually, I think YOUR comments are "preposterous, insensitive, ignorant, and very VERY disrespectfuI" of your potential customers. As a matter of fact I DO appreciate the time and effort that has gone into developing this program. But that doesn't mean that I'm ready and willing to rent a car for a week or more either. Many people will be willing to wait 4 to 5 days, Fewer will be willing to wait a week and even fewer longer than a week. Now, why is it "preposterous" for customers to express there needs and expectations?

Last edited by Intrepid; 06-07-2003 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:55 AM
phile

Chebosto,

I think you went a littel overboard there man.

"This is my daily driver and I would be willing to tolerate this scenario - but ANY longer and I'm afraid I would have to pass. I'm sure there will be many customers who feel the same way. I do hope you can accommodate us. Thanks."

That didn't sound outrageous at all. Those are his needs, and if technosquare can't accomodate them, then tough luck. That's business. His words were straight forward, not harsh. I don't mean to pick on you chebosto, but that post was a little too much.

Anyways, how much is an extra ECU i wonder?
Old 06-07-2003, 07:47 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sorry for the Venting, but its posts like "oh you Better guarantee ______ or else" that is kind of strange... I've never seen anyone post that about an Intake or Exhaust modification, or even for the Grounding kit. like "it better guarantee that my idle is perfect or else.." ... obviously they will do everything in their power to make the customer happy. i just didnt feel that was a correct term to be used.

i may have been harsh i my reply, and i am truly sorry.

again, if you have doubts about turn around time, concerns about what this will do to your car, please email me directly. i am happy to answer any and all questions.

Cheston
Old 06-07-2003, 10:56 AM
phile

I'm sorry for the Venting, but its posts like "oh you Better guarantee ______ or else" that is kind of strange... I've never seen anyone post that about an Intake or Exhaust modification, or even for the Grounding kit. like "it better guarantee that my idle is perfect or else.." ... obviously they will do everything in their power to make the customer happy. i just didnt feel that was a correct term to be used.

i may have been harsh i my reply, and i am truly sorry.

again, if you have doubts about turn around time, concerns about what this will do to your car, please email me directly. i am happy to answer any and all questions.

Cheston
I understand how you read it though. It did sound like an ultimatum in a way. But I took it as he really needs his car, and any time without his car would cost him too much money/time. He did mention overnight shipping which most liekly means he wouldn't mind being charged the extra $$, so it sounds like he really wants to be a customer

Lemme ask again though, does anyone know how much an extra ECU would be?
Old 06-07-2003, 11:09 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by westpak
Will they license this to performance shops around the contry so maybe we can have it done locally?
What about my question?
Old 06-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

westpak: currently there is only 1 east coast company that has the flash programmer, but the phyiscal program is technologically proprietory information and will not be sold/licensed... basically if we give them our code, and if they undersell TechnoSquare... then our time with R&D would have been wasted...as far as charging them for each code sold, that has to be decided by TechnoSquare...

phile- i believe you can order one from your dealer for around $895 quite expensive... but that is their list price i believe.. try calling your local junk yard if they have gotten any recent Z's that have been toasted..
Old 06-07-2003, 08:14 PM
phile

wow! 895! christ!

My local junkyard definitely doens't have a trashed 350z ; I live in a small town. Thanks for the heads up though
Old 06-07-2003, 11:11 PM
RODiculouZ

Chebosto...Heads up to you and all the guys up at Technosquare. Much props to you all! I can't wait until they figure this whole ECU out. I know you've been saying that it'll all come with patience but I am kind of getting tired of losing to the new M3's over and over again. Those things are monsters...Anyway we are all hoping for the best!

RodiculouZ 350
Old 06-08-2003, 10:12 PM
raymanZ
Site Sponsor

Default major issues still pending

Hi guys,

This thread is pretty darn long, and I have read every single post on it, and I must say, that while I am thoroughly impressed with the ECU work being done and how it is being reported here by Chebosto, I am still waiting for a specific example of how someone installed a mod with a stock ECU and found their power gain negated over time.

I am familiar with many Z owners who have installed a CAI, dynoed, observed about 4-6HP gains. A few of them have dynoed several months later and still have those gains. One person I know tried to be as consitent as possible to, similar temps, same gas, etc..

Also, I do not see why an ECU would take several weeks or months to "adjust" to a mod. A lean mixture is detected, then more fuel added - should be instantaneous or close to it (minutes). Invoking a different ignition timing should not take more than a few minutes of consistently detecting a leaner mixture.

And making the mixture more "rich" should by no means negate the power gains of a CAI, although I concede, it is not conducive to making it optimal.

Finally, if the ECU can negate power gains over time, what about those FI systems like the one from pro-charger that add ~100HP at the wheels, am I to believe those will decrease over time because of the ECU adjusting to the leaner mixture? I highly doubt it.

So I am just curious, can someone, anyone, out there who has installed a mod, noticed a power gain, and then noticed it was lost over time please speak up! I would really like to see a real-life example of what I perceive to be a highly unlikely event.

I am more than receptive to being proven otherwise, just waiting for evidence or personal accounts to corroborate these claims, thats all. After all, I admit, I am by no means anything close to an expert on these topics, just someone who like to be a very informed and careful shopper when it comes to mods on my Z.

Final question for anyone who might know:
Even if this ECU mod-negation is true, would that also apply to an aftermarket cat-back exhaust? Some are claiming 15-20HP and since they are 'cat-back", I dont see how an ECU could notice or change in a significant way in response to the decreased back pressure, so those mods should offer permanent gains right?

I welcome anyones responses and 411,
thanks,
RaymanZ
Old 06-09-2003, 08:48 PM
MustGoFastR

Good Job! Now get to work on the G35 Coupe! I'm chomping at the bit already!
Old 06-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Intrepid

Any News?
Old 06-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

release will be within a few days.. i think they're still working on the automatic version..

ill let everyone know when its offical.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:32 PM
fdao

release will be within a few days.. i think they're still working on the automatic version..

Cool! Can't wait!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Intrepid

It's been 3 weeks. Any news, updates, ordering instructions, etc.? I'm interested in the AT version. Thanks!

Old 07-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Maximam

Default Re: major issues still pending

Originally posted by raymanZ
Hi guys,

This thread is pretty darn long, and I have read every single post on it, and I must say, that while I am thoroughly impressed with the ECU work being done and how it is being reported here by Chebosto, I am still waiting for a specific example of how someone installed a mod with a stock ECU and found their power gain negated over time.

I am just as curious about the same things.