Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

The new VQ35HR

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 04:26 PM
nismology1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Enron Exec
This motor should bring back some of the traits that was so well loved in the VQ30DE that was lost in the VQ35DE. The old VQ30De was a lil monster for its time. Stock, the Maximas could push 500 fwhp!!
To my knowledge there is only one maxima that i know of that approached and surpassed 500WHP on stock internals. It isn't by any means typical. 450-ish+ WHP can be attained with no worries and a good tune but the problem is most maxima owners didn't go all-out with the tuning process.
The only thing thats has me split is the lengthening of the stroke. There are of course goods and bads to this. The major disadvantage, especially for stock block FI, is the rod will be more prone to bending if Nissan doesnt signifigantly improve the QC and build on these rods. Unless they greatly improove on the rods, the new motor IMO will still be limited to the 400-500 rwhp range. The longer stroke has left us with more sleeve thickness, more surface contact with the head gasket, and hopefully a stock sleeve thats less prone to shifting or becoming oval under loads. The longer stroke should put less stress on the sleeves as well, another plus for us stock sleeve FI guys!
The stroke isn't any longer, the rods are, hence the taller block. This makes for a higher rod:stroke ratio which is always a good thing. Means for less thrust loads on the pistons skirts (less vibrations and less piston/cylinder scuffing via lower rod angle), better high end power by allowing for more dwell time at BDC, lower piston speeds away from TDC, and more complete combustion due to the higher dwell time at TDC.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:30 PM
BluZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supra crazy
Im preety sure I heard its gonna be Direct Injection

It does not have direct injection.