Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
This is a joke, right?
Went over my service records again it was a mix up but they still messed up my car during the swap. I'll have to find the exat mileage they put on it. But I know they burned through just under half a tank.

Last edited by ArCtM; 06-20-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by ArCtM
Went over my service records again it was a mix up but they still messed up my car during the swap. I'll have to find the exat mileage they put on it. But I know they burned through just under half a tank.
Wow...that's not right. There was no need to drive it that much (hmmm...wonder how it was driven)

Mine...~14mi on V2 when I picked it up. I took note of my odo when I dropped it off for swap + my W.O. stated the same as my odo notation.
No issues with my 6mt. Have heard of this with others tho. They didn't QC it completely and in-cabin shifter plate needs adjustment to correct that.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:32 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They drove mine about 10 miles. Before that they ran the engine for about half an hour just to make sure everything was fine.

It sounds like someone took advantage of the situation and drove your car home every day for a week. I'm willing to bet they didn't break it in well if that's the case.

How long did they have your car? The typical turnaround is three days.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:51 AM
ArCtM

I dont want to derail this thread but thanks I will tell them to look at my in cabin shifter plate. What's QC???
They had my car for 2 and a half days. Yeah I'm sure they drove my car for unnescessary purposes and probably weren't very gentle.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:53 AM
joe_blow_xbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WCN put 600 miles on my car is that a common practice with this swap??? Did anyone else have trouble with 5th gear after also???
I had v V1 put in, then a V2 afterwords, then lemoned the car and will never own a Nissan again.

When they put in my V2, after about 1000 miles, my car started having issues going into fifth gear. Sometimes it would go in ok, sometimes it was hard to put in 5th gear. The next day, I put it in fifth gear wile driving down the road after work, and my shifter linkage snapped like a limp noodle, and I couldn't put it in any gear. I had to have my car towed to the nearest Nissan dealership and they took a week to half-assed fix it. My reverse interlock didn't work afterwords, so I could put the car in reverse instead of 6th! That is when I started the buyback process. I always attributed the shifter linkage breaking to putting the V2 in incorrectly.

They only put a few miles on my car each time they changed the motor. No noticeable gas usage. Something doesn't seem right. It took about 2-3 days turnaround time for a new motor.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:17 AM
ArCtM

Ok so i'm gonna have my tranny checked for the 5th gear on Monday I spoke with the dealer already. Any reason why the swap would affect the tranny??? I will most likely be filing a complaint with BBB very soon.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:30 PM
06CPV35

I dont want to derail this thread but thanks I will tell them to look at my in cabin shifter plate. What's QC???
They had my car for 2 and a half days. Yeah I'm sure they drove my car for unnescessary purposes and probably weren't very gentle.
Quality Control.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:37 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by Nismo1182
I got mine back with 5 miles and broke it in for the next 1000 miles following break in procedure. I didnt have problems with the tranny or anything else.

So how many total miles are on the V2 since you've noticed this? 1000?

How many miles on yours?
I think my V2 has about 13,500 on it now.

John
Old 06-20-2008, 06:22 PM
jason350z

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I thought it was normal for an engine to consume oil during the break-in?

My v2 consumed a little under a quart in the first 1500 miles. In the 4k miles after that, it hasn't consumed at all.

Also out of curiosity, how did you break it in?
Let me clarify my story.
I got my 1st V2 back on April of this year. I followed the breaking method of the 350z owner manual which says to stay under 4000rpm and avoid long drives, do not accelerate at full throttle.
After getting the V2 installed, I asked Nissan how to break in the engine and they told me to follow the owner’s manual. I also asked about when to do the next oil change they said to wait till 3,000 miles, not any earlier.
At around 1,500 I notice the oil getting lower, I brought the car back to Nissan and as you said, they told me to wait for the engine to break in and then, we would check for oil consumption following the next oil change.
So, I got the first oil change and came back after 1,000 miles. This time the oil was way low, they measured it at 17mm, way below what Nissan considers normal. That’s the story, I happy for you man, I hope my next engine its good, any ways I think I might build this new engine and turbo charger my Z. so I void my warranty 100%
Today I had to bring the car back they were actually writing down a serial number that the engine has because a technician from NNA was requesting it. Perhaps theses bastards are trialing these engines to see what works and what not.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 AM
jmaldonado

Well guys I turn in my car on Monday morning early. It took a lawyer and alot of negotiating to get what I wanted. At the end I got close to what I wanted, plus some lawyers fees so I was happy. Talking to Nissan by yourself is almost useless. My first rep from NNA gave me the run around, and was hard to reach, so that was the final step. I got a lawyer after that, and it went much better. NNA would not even talk to me when I called, after a letter was sent by my lawyer. I used a lawyer that didn't specialize in lemon law cases, but who was familiar with the process.

IF you are going threw this whole process, definitely don't take the first offer, (or the second offer, in my case), wait for what you want. I was offered a new engine and some cash, twice. With these two offers came a release that I would not sign, and was advised not to sign. Once the settlement offers started coming, they came fast. So hold your ground.

I did all the oil consumption test they asked me to do, except for the last one. By the middle of the last one, it was clear that this engine was burning as much as the first. As I type this my car is sitting in front of the Starbucks I am in, close to 12mm low on oil.

My lawyer and NNA figured out an acceptable mileage rate. So me posting what that is would be useless. It depends on what you guys negotiate. I am not sure how it is in other states, but I am in Texas. My total buy back settlement( with payoff, and money back to me and lawyer fees), ended up costing NNA close to the price of loaded G35, without the $9,000 engine V2 replacement they did. (figure it out). Which is the car I am looking into next.

I love the Nissan's, so its hard to get away from them. My 2006 350z was the second 350z, and 5th Nissan.

I hope this helps. I know I was a little vague, but that is intentional. Until this is all resolved, and I receive my check and the car is paid off, I don't want to say too much.

Last edited by jmaldonado; 06-21-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:39 AM
antennahead

Originally Posted by jmaldonado
Well guys I turn in my car on Monday morning early. It took a lawyer and alot of negotiating to get what I wanted. At the end I got close to what I wanted, plus some lawyers fees so I was happy. Talking to Nissan by yourself is almost useless. My first rep from NNA gave me the run around, and was hard to reach, so that was the final step. I got a lawyer after that, and it went much better. NNA would not even talk to me when I called, after a letter was sent by my lawyer. I used a lawyer that didn't specialize in lemon law cases, but who was familiar with the process.

IF you are going threw this whole process, definitely don't take the first offer, (or the second offer, in my case), wait for what you want. I was offered a new engine and some cash, twice. With these two offers came a release that I would not sign, and was advised not to sign. Once the settlement offers started coming, they came fast. So hold your ground.

I did all the oil consumption test they asked me to do, except for the last one. By the middle of the last one, it was clear that this engine was burning as much as the first. As I type this my car is sitting in front of the Starbucks I am in, close to 12mm low on oil.

My lawyer and NNA figured out an acceptable mileage rate. So me posting what that is would be useless. It depends on what you guys negotiate. I am not sure how it is in other states, but I am in Texas. My total buy back settlement( with payoff, and money back to me and lawyer fees), ended up costing NNA close to the price of loaded G35, without the $9,000 engine V2 replacement they did. (figure it out). Which is the car I am looking into next.

I love the Nissan's, so its hard to get away from them. My 2006 350z was the second 350z, and 5th Nissan.

I hope this helps. I know I was a little vague, but that is intentional. Until this is all resolved, and I receive my check and the car is paid off, I don't want to say too much.
Excellent, great news, I am happy for you. I will probably PM you after you have check in hand for more information. I am sick of this sh*t as well. I totally understand your feelings about the cars also, this is the most fun to drive and balanced sports car I have ever owned, price dependant of course, and I have owned Porches, twin turbo RX-7, 300ZX, lexus, etc. I just can't live with this excessive consumption. If I fail the present test and they want to put another V2 in the car, I may allow it and buy time until the next generation of Z comes out. If the next V2 fails, they will be exchanging this '06 piece of crap for a new Z. I have a bulldog of an attorney, smart, successful, and aggressive

John

Last edited by antennahead; 06-21-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:54 AM
ArCtM

Check my motor this morning and I'm about 16mm low!!! At this point I dont want to go through anymore "repairs". Those who have gone through the buy back/lemon law process please PM me what was done so I know how to go about this. thank you for your help in advance.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
SCARECROW BEATS

Getting My New Engine Next Week!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Spoiled Z

Angry Very pissed off .... I need to vent

I just got back Nissan. I had an OC and oil change done. I told the service advisor to bring me back in the shop once they perform the oil consumption test because I would like to know exactly what they're doing. This is my 3rd visit due to OC. First they said I lost 4mm after 1k and did not top it off because they're claiming that I wasn't losing oil. Second visit they said its 7mm but still not losing oil and did not top if off. Then 3rd visit which was today they said since they didn't top if off last time we have no way of knowing if you are really losing oil. I just want to scream, punch the wall, kill someone because now I'm starting all over again and I barely put miles on my car. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know I think I'm just gonna forget about it and do my own service in which I have been doing until I noticed that I was losing oil. The service guy said that cars are meant to lose oil ... ok sweet awesome! F&&&&CCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Old 06-27-2008, 07:51 AM
DesiZ_06

Old 06-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Spoiled Z
I just got back Nissan. I had an OC and oil change done. I told the service advisor to bring me back in the shop once they perform the oil consumption test because I would like to know exactly what they're doing. This is my 3rd visit due to OC. First they said I lost 4mm after 1k and did not top it off because they're claiming that I wasn't losing oil. Second visit they said its 7mm but still not losing oil and did not top if off. Then 3rd visit which was today they said since they didn't top if off last time we have no way of knowing if you are really losing oil. I just want to scream, punch the wall, kill someone because now I'm starting all over again and I barely put miles on my car. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know I think I'm just gonna forget about it and do my own service in which I have been doing until I noticed that I was losing oil. The service guy said that cars are meant to lose oil ... ok sweet awesome! F&&&&CCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
huh?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:56 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoiled Z

Chill Pill.

You must take one. This is also in the
Old 06-27-2008, 07:58 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

VO(lost)
Old 06-27-2008, 08:08 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to another dealer that has experience dealing with oil consuming engines. See the regional forum or the oil consumption thread.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:14 AM
azula

you guys are great at facilitating anger....lol

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion