Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ If it was not for you guys diligent complaints to NNA i would not have gotten my V2. So here is too all of us.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:14 PM
ZeeForce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John for responding to the Dyson Q's.

Nismospeed4Life, here is the link to Dyson pricing.
http://www.dysonanalysis.com/premiumkits.html

For the sample draw, follow Balckstones procedure:
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/gas_sampling.html

Only follow the first paragraph and #1. For the rest you will need to follow Dyson's instructions when they send you the sample kit. Its best to emailo Terry Dyson before hand and give him your history of car and engine.

Cheers
Curtis
Old 12-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Thanks John for responding to the Dyson Q's.

Nismospeed4Life, here is the link to Dyson pricing.
http://www.dysonanalysis.com/premiumkits.html

For the sample draw, follow Balckstones procedure:
http://www.blackstone-labs.com/gas_sampling.html

Only follow the first paragraph and #1. For the rest you will need to follow Dyson's instructions when they send you the sample kit. Its best to emailo Terry Dyson before hand and give him your history of car and engine.

Cheers
Curtis
Thanks for the info! I think I rather go with Blackstone for $22.50
Old 12-13-2008, 07:40 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
^^ If it was not for you guys diligent complaints to NNA i would not have gotten my V2. So here is too all of us.
Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

(06CPV35) John has spent just as much time on this thread (if not more) and also did double work by contributing to the G35 OC thread. He helped on this thread with page 1, started a engine break in stats lists. He continued to provide support in my absence for the last 8 months. Is a wealth of information. Props to John!

Nismospeed4Life, you have been here the longest, along with luvZcar, antennahead, 06CPV35 (John) and myself (not much input anymore, will jump in occasionally). Sorry if I forgot anyone, my eyes are getting foggy as time creeps up on me.....lol. Someday we will put to rest this thread and close it down. Its got to be in the all time top ten most viewed and posted to. In 20 years will there be any 06 rev-up on the road? Or will it find its resting space in the mothball yard? Only time will tell. Maybe a reunion in 20 years for those still runiing.

I really like the 09 370z and may just trade up to the 2010 model year.

Check her out here:

http://community.followthenissanz.com/_Sacramento-Elk-Grove-Nissan/photo/2218794/60840.html

Cheers
Curtis
Old 12-13-2008, 07:50 PM
ZeeForce

You do not get the consultation, which is worth it 100x times over. Blackstone will only give you raw data that you will not be able to interpret. And what they give you is very vague and does not even go into the other test Dyson runs. Inmo...you would be burning a hole in your wallet with Blackstone. You paid good money for your Z, why not spend a little on the best lab? I guarantee you will not be sorry, or I will pay the difference if you are not 100% satisfied with Dyson.

btw: this offer is only for Nismospeed4Life. I have only made this offer one other time (to rblover69).

Cheers
Curtis
Old 12-13-2008, 08:22 PM
antennahead

(06CPV35) John has spent just as much time on this thread (if not more) and also did double work by contributing to the G35 OC thread. He helped on this thread with page 1, started a engine break in stats lists. He continued to provide support in my absence for the last 8 months. Is a wealth of information. Props to John!

Nismospeed4Life, you have been here the longest, along with luvZcar, antennahead, 06CPV35 (John) and myself (not much input anymore, will jump in occasionally). Sorry if I forgot anyone, my eyes are getting foggy as time creeps up on me.....lol. Someday we will put to rest this thread and close it down. Its got to be in the all time top ten most viewed and posted to. In 20 years will there be any 06 rev-up on the road? Or will it find its resting space in the mothball yard? Only time will tell. Maybe a reunion in 20 years for those still runiing.

I really like the 09 370z and may just trade up to the 2010 model year.

Check her out here:

http://community.followthenissanz.com/_Sacramento-Elk-Grove-Nissan/photo/2218794/60840.html

Cheers
Curtis
I haven't posted much lately, but I still come here EVERY day to read the latest posts, it's on my "online to do list daily" smiles. I am right at 3500 miles since the last oil change, and I'm going to check tomorrow to see just how much I have used since the last fill up. The trend reversed itself for me last time, using right at a full quart in 4000 miles. I am hoping for less this change. I would like to do a few mods, stereo, new wheels, but holding out to make sure I keep her

John
Old 12-13-2008, 08:27 PM
ZeeForce

Hey Hey John, good to hear from you, and that the OC has reversed itself. I too have been sitting on a mod (plenum spacer) to install for over a year now. I think I am going to just do it.

Cheers
Curtis
Old 12-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Nismospeed4life

^^ Thanks for the guarantee there Curtis! However, your word is Gold with me. So, based on that I will go with Dyson. (Unless you are a Dyson spokesman) Just kidding... However, I do know exactly what you guys mean on holding on mods before you know wether she (The Z) would ever stop bleeding.

Curtis, Idont know wether you read one of my previous post in wich I mention about how my OC is going this time around. I was wondering to know if is looking better due to the fact that I am still in the break-in period. My V2 has now 1,455 miles and it has only consumed 3MM as supposed to 12MM at 1000 miles with the V1.

What do you think?
Old 12-14-2008, 06:42 AM
06CPV35

Thanks John for responding to the Dyson Q's......
NP...And I'll add that I was sent two kits first time. One pre-paid for analysis and one spare non-paid kit to have on hand for next time. In fact, another spare 'free' kit showed up in the mail yesterday from my most recent paid sample sent in.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:09 AM
06CPV35

Thanx for the props. Yea...this been my life since Jan 2006. There's three main G35 OC threads, this one makes four I contribute to. At one time I was involved in over ~7 OC threads with 4 different forums, but narrowed it down only to the intelligent ones, this been one of them of course

And for the sake of not sounding conceded, always wondered if my grass root rebellion threads way before the TSB releases to get all Z and G OC owners to file complaints to the NHTSA about their OC, had something to do with the TSB release who knows. Maybe the NHTSA inquired with NNA on what hell is going on here with all the owner filed OC complaints....hence TSB finally admitting there's an issue. No matter, what matters is TSB was finally released, making it much easier to qualify for warranty replacements. (stepping off soap box ).
Old 12-14-2008, 07:10 AM
06CPV35

I will in a nutshell reconfirm what Curtis says....you'll get what you pay for.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Nismospeed4life

J.

I was wondering to know if is looking better due to the fact that I am still in the break-in period. My V2 has now 1,455 miles and it has only consumed 3MM as supposed to 12MM at 1000 miles with the V1.

What do you think?
Old 12-14-2008, 07:18 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by antennahead
I haven't posted much lately, but I still come here EVERY day to read the latest posts, it's on my "online to do list daily" smiles. I am right at 3500 miles since the last oil change, and I'm going to check tomorrow to see just how much I have used since the last fill up. The trend reversed itself for me last time, using right at a full quart in 4000 miles. I am hoping for less this change. I would like to do a few mods, stereo, new wheels, but holding out to make sure I keep her

John
Good to hear OC has reversed. Mine increased this last interval, but I romped a lot too. Hopefully mine will turn back to less OC and continue that trend like yours. My recent UOA is stellar showing things are excellent, which gives me much positive confidence under Dyson's guidance.

Here you on not modding yet. I've been waiting since 1-2006 to mod my VQ I'm close to a winner I think and then finally mod.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:45 AM
06CPV35

J.

I was wondering to know if is looking better due to the fact that I am still in the break-in period. My V2 has now 1,455 miles and it has only consumed 3MM as supposed to 12MM at 1000 miles with the V1.

What do you think?
That's very good. Better than mine in it's beginnings. I've read V2 owners with same minimal OC like yours. Haven't heard updates from them on how theirs is doing now tho.

Be aware that you might start using some as the oil gets older. With normal fuel dilute from continuing break-in and still assembly lubes in there, it breaks down the oil and starts to use more as the miles continue. 1500mi mark seems to be the starting point of most oils that start breaking down on V2's still in it's long break-in period.

Keep an eye on it.

1455 on V2, but same miles on oil?

Last edited by 06CPV35; 12-14-2008 at 07:55 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
1455 on V2, but same miles on oil?
Give or take a couple of miles. However not significant enough.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:14 AM
06CPV35

Give or take a couple of miles. However not significant enough.
Gotcha...
It's going to take a few oil services to flush out all the assembly lubes.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Nismospeed4life

Gotcha...
It's going to take a few oil services to flush out all the assembly lubes.
Assembly lubes? Is that bad?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:16 AM
06CPV35

Assembly lubes? Is that bad?
It's normal to have those in any fresh built engine. Is it bad...what I mentioned before below....
Be aware that you might start using some as the oil gets older. With normal fuel dilute from continuing break-in and still assembly lubes in there, it breaks down the oil and starts to use more as the miles continue.
And I'll add, it breaks down the oil quicker compared to an engine with no assembly lubes left in it.
That's one reason why I changed mine so often in the beginning...
Old 12-14-2008, 06:06 PM
antennahead

Good to hear OC has reversed. Mine increased this last interval, but I romped a lot too. Hopefully mine will turn back to less OC and continue that trend like yours. My recent UOA is stellar showing things are excellent, which gives me much positive confidence under Dyson's guidance.

Here you on not modding yet. I've been waiting since 1-2006 to mod my VQ I'm close to a winner I think and then finally mod.
Jus checked my oil, unfortunately it has increased again. Last oil change I used right at one quart. I have 3500 miles on this oil change, and I registered right at the lower side of the "L" on the dipstick. That would be approximately 1 1/4 quarts in 3500 miles. I don't know if I want to go through the hassel of trying to force a buyback. Maybe I will, right now I am just bummed out at the whole experience. Looks like I will be looking hard at the Genesis coupe in a few months. I am tired of this crap. Thanks to all of you here for the info and support. I will continue to post and report what the dealer has to say when I take it in to get the oil changed. I am going in armed with the TSB and consumption chart, as well as the information off the lemon law page. Good luck to all of you. I think this engine is screwed no matter what, and Nissan is just trying to manage the losses, knowing they pushed it too far, hence over 80% new internals in the 2007 engine.

John
Old 12-15-2008, 05:55 AM
06CPV35

^ Oh man...am sorry to hear what your OC increased to. That wouldn't be ok in my book either. I've thought as well these being pushed too far long ago, hence the birth of the HR block/heads. However, there are ones of ours with no OC, know one personally. Try a UOA to see what's up internally and possibly reverse that trend, just a thought before you throw in the towel.

Keep us posted with your dealer visit.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion