Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
dbasal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by creationv2
ah, thats what i thought, still no way to prove it

i just wanted to share my info, so at least these ppl dont get bsed on when their motor comes in/is shipped. (so i hope theres nothing wrong in posting such info)
Not at all. I was just wondering where the info was coming from.

Would have been nice to have found somewhere to get that info.

I was trying to get part numbers from people that have had there blocks replaced with the v2, but so far nobody has posted. It would also be interesting to check this against v1 part numbers. I would think that Nissan would have to change that, right? Maybe not as long as the serial number lists out internal parts.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:07 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by dbasal
Not at all. I was just wondering where the info was coming from.

Would have been nice to have found somewhere to get that info.

I was trying to get part numbers from people that have had there blocks replaced with the v2, but so far nobody has posted. It would also be interesting to check this against v1 part numbers. I would think that Nissan would have to change that, right? Maybe not as long as the serial number lists out internal parts.
hmm, would the part number for the entire motor be different than the v2? how could we find out what the v1 motors part number is?

Last edited by creationv2; 08-01-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:30 PM
dbasal

hmm, would the part number for the entire motor be different than the v2? how could we find out what the v1 motors part number is?
I'm not sure. It is still a rev-up block. Anyone that had their longblock replaced would have a part number associated with the receipt. It would be under the BARE ENGINE. At least that is what it was for me.

I would assume there has to be some way to tell the folks the internals are different. Either by part number of serial number of the engine.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 AM
ZPHILE

I really did not see too much loss until recently (I was down 1/2 qt after 3000 miles and that did not bother me). I just happened to notice that it was down 1/2 qt after < 500 miles which alarmed me a bit. I have about 6200 miles on the engine and I noticed the problems with the first engine around the 7000 mile mark.

As for the new engine, I would get clarification on what they mean. Make sure they replace it with the one with the new pistons and rings (what we've been calling v2). I would contact the BBB folks personally since they are on your side and then contact Nissan afterwards if you need to. The BBB folks are a great source of info as I have unfortuanetly had to find out.
Thanks for the reply and the update. As for my engine, just happened to finally get the call from Nissan Arbitration, (this is of course happening ONLY after contacting BBB). My engine is supposidely at the local dealership waiting for me. Waiting for call back from Service Dir. BTW - I did ask the Nissan Arb. guy is it the 'FIX engine from Japan' he lied/I mean 'said' it was. We'll see......
Old 08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
creationv2

well the post i made i said they put 2nd say service.....but my eta is next tuesday the 7th....so i cant wait hopefully i get a courtesy car (though i know they dont really do that).

as for the motor coming from japan....maybe they do come from there and theyre just stored somewhere in ths US.

and has anyone else heard about each dealership only having the ability to attain a limit of two v2 motors?

i hope your motor and installation and communication with your dealership and bbb works out well zphile good luck!

Last edited by creationv2; 08-02-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by ZPHILE
Thanks for the reply and the update. As for my engine, just happened to finally get the call from Nissan Arbitration, (this is of course happening ONLY after contacting BBB). My engine is supposidely at the local dealership waiting for me. Waiting for call back from Service Dir. BTW - I did ask the Nissan Arb. guy is it the 'FIX engine from Japan' he lied/I mean 'said' it was. We'll see......
I love the service folks! On that note, I realized the other day that they forgot to put a bolt in under the strut bar that holds the engine cover. Can't believe I did not notice that earlier. The washer is there, but the bolt is missing.

After reviewing the service manual, it appears that that bolt is only there for the engine cover and has no impact on anything else. Still, it makes one nervous to realize the dealer is not paying full attention when they put these things back together.

This is why I made sure to get the 100000 mile warranty out of the deal.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:57 PM
antennahead

Default getting the "run around" again, grrrrrrrrrr

this has probably been asked a few times, and from what i recall it hasnt really been answered nor do i know if it still could be answered.

-how would you know that hte new motor is the new v2 and not just a v1 replacement?

edit:

wow! are are these anyone here.....

Allentown, PA - McFetridge
Roseville, CA - Dhaliwal
Franklin, TN - Bailey
Melbourne, FL - Martino
Riverside, CA - Hester

these are motors shipped yesterday (and are supposed to be 2nd day service), or thats when the email originated.

my apologies for the names, if you mind just tell me and il edit it out.

OK, The regional rep calls me about a week ago and tells me she has spoken to the dealership and I do indeed qualify for a new engine (that took a brain surgeon). She also confirms that hand built engines from Japan are the solution NNA is offering to fix the issue.

I then speak with my head mechanic who has spoken with her and he is going to try to order the engine, try being the key word, as the parts department needs a part number for the "handbuilt Japanese engine". After some run around they place the order anyway with no part number, just the description. The mechanic calls me about 15 minutes ago:

"Well I am as frustrated with them as you are now" he says. "I just spoke with a top guy in NNA parts that says there is no handbuild engine available yet"; parts confirmed it's coming, but hasn't been released yet. My mechanic told them I had been on the internet, conversing with my 350 Z buddies and I was aware engines were being replaced, supposedly handbuilt V2 engines. Parts said that was bull, no way. My mechanic basically told him he was lying.

This is where we left it. My mechanic is calling the regional rep tomorrow and asking her "what gives"? The NNA parts guy claims its "any day now" on the part number and release of the engines.........HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE HEARD THIS SH**!!!

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN GIVEN A PART NUMBER FOR THE V2 ENGINE, OR DO YOU KNOW IF ONE EXISTS? Thanks for any help here, I am very frustrated to say the least.

John
Old 08-02-2007, 02:21 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by antennahead
OK, The regional rep calls me about a week ago and tells me she has spoken to the dealership and I do indeed qualify for a new engine (that took a brain surgeon). She also confirms that hand built engines from Japan are the solution NNA is offering to fix the issue.

I then speak with my head mechanic who has spoken with her and he is going to try to order the engine, try being the key word, as the parts department needs a part number for the "handbuilt Japanese engine". After some run around they place the order anyway with no part number, just the description. The mechanic calls me about 15 minutes ago:

"Well I am as frustrated with them as you are now" he says. "I just spoke with a top guy in NNA parts that says there is no handbuild engine available yet"; parts confirmed it's coming, but hasn't been released yet. My mechanic told them I had been on the internet, conversing with my 350 Z buddies and I was aware engines were being replaced, supposedly handbuilt V2 engines. Parts said that was bull, no way. My mechanic basically told him he was lying.

This is where we left it. My mechanic is calling the regional rep tomorrow and asking her "what gives"? The NNA parts guy claims its "any day now" on the part number and release of the engines.........HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE HEARD THIS SH**!!!

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN GIVEN A PART NUMBER FOR THE V2 ENGINE, OR DO YOU KNOW IF ONE EXISTS? Thanks for any help here, I am very frustrated to say the least.

John
Looks like I may need to give a call to the arbitration people and start demanding some answers to figure out what I have in my vehicle. They have to provide this information to prove the engine is different. Then again, they could always fake that.

It may be that someone needs to actually tear one apart and compare it to a v1.

Anyways, my receipt says:

10102-AC7MZ ENGINE BARE

Invoice Date is 5/18/2007
Old 08-02-2007, 03:55 PM
ZmaXimus

Default 10102-ac7mz Engine Bare

My reciept is identical to yours.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by ZmaXimus
My reciept is identical to yours.
Now we just need to find someone that can tell us if that means anything.

I believe Theatrix has had a v1 replaced with a v1. I wonder if he happens to have the receipt handy.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:15 PM
creationv2

Looks like I may need to give a call to the arbitration people and start demanding some answers to figure out what I have in my vehicle. They have to provide this information to prove the engine is different. Then again, they could always fake that.

It may be that someone needs to actually tear one apart and compare it to a v1.

Anyways, my receipt says:

10102-AC7MZ ENGINE BARE

Invoice Date is 5/18/2007

i have the parts number for the list of shipments i posted...i wasnt sure if it meant anything, but since its what youve posted, half of them are what you have and the other half is part number 10102-AC7M9
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM
dbasal

i have the parts number for the list of shipments i posted...i wasnt sure if it meant anything, but since its what youve posted, half of them are what you have and the other half is part number 10102-AC7M9
Well that is interesting, now isn't it? Do you know if they are all for 350Zs?

Anyway to look those parts up and determine what the difference is? This question goes out to anyone with that ability.

Thanks creationv2
Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 PM
creationv2

Well that is interesting, now isn't it? Do you know if they are all for 350Zs?

Anyway to look those parts up and determine what the difference is? This question goes out to anyone with that ability.

Thanks creationv2
umm, well im pretty sure theyre all z motors, the shipment is refered to as "countermeasure engine orders"

and im not sure if its much help, the info i personally have only is updated to 05, though the aniv ed zs did have rev ups and the parts list i have notes that. the part number for the bare engine of a 35th aniv ed/track ed mt is 10102-AC7MA. so maybe these new motors are really different?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:49 PM
dbasal

umm, well im pretty sure theyre all z motors, the shipment is refered to as "countermeasure engine orders"

and im not sure if its much help, the info i personally have only is updated to 05, though the aniv ed zs did have rev ups and the parts list i have notes that. the part number for the bare engine of a 35th aniv ed/track ed mt is 10102-AC7MA. so maybe these new motors are really different?
Counter measures?! HAHA. They think they are under attack.

This naming convention has me intrigued. Obviously that last character is some sort of indicator. Like the transmissions being CD00008,CD00009 and so forth.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 PM
antennahead

Counter measures?! HAHA. They think they are under attack.

This naming convention has me intrigued. Obviously that last character is some sort of indicator. Like the transmissions being CD00008,CD00009 and so forth.
My mechanic will get to the bottom of it for us if possible, he is as pissed off about this as we are, says he HATES it when NNA makes them look bad. He went through this with the Altima oil leaks a while back. Are you guys sure about those last 2 letters? One is "MZ", another post says "M9"

John
Old 08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by antennahead
My mechanic will get to the bottom of it for us if possible, he is as pissed off about this as we are, says he HATES it when NNA makes them look bad. He went through this with the Altima oil leaks a while back. Are you guys sure about those last 2 letters? One is "MZ", another post says "M9"

John

yes, they are MZ and M9, those are for the new motors being sent out from the info i have.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM
key_darren

i dont know if this was already answered. can anyone verify, how many quart or quarts from the "L" to "H" on the dipstick?

also, how many quarts does the dealers says its normal to be burning in 3,000miles?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by key_darren
i dont know if this was already answered. can anyone verify, how many quart or quarts from the "L" to "H" on the dipstick?

also, how many quarts does the dealers says its normal to be burning in 3,000miles?

Approx 1 qt between the L and the H. The dealer will tell you 3 qts is normal, but don't fall for it.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 PM
ZmaXimus

"Countermeasure" doesn't sound like they have a fix at all.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:41 AM
dbasal

Well. The parts department could not tell me what the difference between those two part numbers is. All they can say is that it is a Z engine.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion