Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 05:35 PM
RBlover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just want more people to get there OC solved so we can start a thread where revups are putting down some power man there has yet to be a fully bolt on tuned revup man ...im hating .
Old 03-17-2008, 06:25 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by tamdihugs77
Thank you for keeping my stat. Sorry for being so abrupt. I'm not sure of the exact date and really don't want to go through that paperwork again. I'll be a happy camper when Nissan sends me that big check.
No, thank you for accepting my apology, I was a bit harsh with you, and I realized this after re reading my lengthy post. I hope we can be friends, as I do respect your opinion. Sometimes when I get off on the wrong foot, and stick my foot in my mouth, sometimes the situation can turn itself around and turn it into a great relationship. This is what I hope, happens with us.

Do not worry about digging up the invoice; the data provided will work.

How will you celebrate, once you receive the check from Nissan? Champaign, a night out on the town?

At your service
Peace
-Curtis
Old 03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by jkim1978
i just looked at the stats list that someone created.. and they wrote mine as v2... i am still on a v1... they just switched out with another v1.... went in for an oil change like two month ago.. and said that there is still some oc... but its within range..... that is what they tell me....... still love the car... but just insecure about the car....
Sent you a pm on data for your stats. It's been awhile since we heard from you, welcome back.

Please pm me back with your stats and I will update the list. All of the info is in the pm.

Cheers
-Curtis
Old 03-17-2008, 10:19 PM
creationv2

zeeforce can you pm me the layout for updating. thanks
Old 03-17-2008, 10:25 PM
wldkatz03

Got a call from WCN on friday, 1st engine should be in sometime this week...
Old 03-17-2008, 10:51 PM
creationv2

i forgot to put the mileage since last oil change....its been 3100. and a mistake on mileage on engine...should be ~7500
Old 03-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Spoiled Z

I dont know but at my last oil change I lost about 1 1/4 after 4k miles. I normally change every 3k but this time I tried to go longer to see how much oil Im losing. Normally at 3k change I would lose 1/2 qt. I'm using Syntec Euro 0w30 but I dont know I thought it was better but I guess not. I'm switching back to dino next time I do my oil change and see what happens.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:37 AM
MasterRacer

Well guys I have kept up with some of this thread for sometime now as my car was having consumption issues, I just had the engine replaced about 3 days ago and got the car back last night, the paperwork from Nissan states
that the Part# for my engine is: 10102-AC7MZ, from what I gather this is the v2? I dont really have the time to go through all 500million pages of the thread so can someone chime in and let me know if this seems to have resolved problem?

Gracias!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ The 10102-AC7MZ is the V2.
For some, no more OC issues and for others, yes still OC issues which is unfortunate.

Hope yours is a winner.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:12 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
^ The 10102-AC7MZ is the V2.
For some, no more OC issues and for others, yes still OC issues which is unfortunate.

Hope yours is a winner.

Thanks lol now all I have is slight griding from 4th to 5th gear
Dealer said to give it a bit since its only got 30 miles
from install of new engine, he said they had to take out tranny as
well, o well I will see.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:27 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Hmmm...tranny shouldn't grind after VQ replacement imo. Especially if it never did that before.

ZeeForce may PM you with his Stats sheet template to fill out or you could PM him.

I'll be releasing my break-in study soon on here. Most likely after I'm back from vacation end of next week.

First post here has lots of good info. Check it out
Old 03-21-2008, 08:48 AM
potophan01

I'm new here but also have been reading this for some time. I have a V2 that's consuming around 1 quart ever 1,200 miles. This is my second V2.

Man this is frustrating. Doesn't sound like there's a V3 coming out and I really don't want to buyback with all my mods.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
wldkatz03

Just dropped off the car at WCN to have the engine put in, Service Manager says half a day to a day, wow that's quick. I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:17 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by creationv2
zeeforce can you pm me the layout for updating. thanks
i forgot to put the mileage since last oil change....its been 3100. and a mistake on mileage on engine...should be ~7500
^^ PM sent and received, list updated thanks.

MasterRacer, pm sent

potophan01, pm sent

wldkatz03, pm sent.

Guys, I am still catching up from page 118, so if I missed you, please be patient I will get pm’s sent out.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:47 PM
RBlover69

nice man, ...and to those who are asking me of my break in process that went with my sucessful v2

it was basically this

upon v2 oil was changed immedietly to 0w40 M1
went through checks every 3k miles to see if there was any degradation in oil levels .
First oil change was slightly off but minorly suggestion break in
2-over 8 oil changes (i drive every day over 20 miles lol) checked oil at universal nissan though good friends of mine(not just some tech) and had no oil consumption using 0w40 .

Then not believing them i actually did my last 4 oil changes at m1 directly and we have each account documented no oil loss aswell at H.

I have driven the v2 to its top goverened speed .. raced it ...and the most part drive it every day from poinciana to orlando for those who dont know thats far !!..

and last oil changed was done a week ago and no oil loss aswell still using 0w40.

hey if its working why change right. And theres another user also posted less oil loss with 0w40 then his previous weight oil in his v1..the oil really isnt the answer but since it got amazing results from resolute from blackstone tests really i couldnt object why not to use it. lol

well thats most of it in a nut shell.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 PM
creationv2

^^^yah its good to hear your vq is working for ya...but i still think its cheating if you dont use 5w-30 and the results dont even count because youre using a thicker oil. but thats just me. id want to know that the car works as it should from the factory, not by using a crutch that possibly is hiding a problem.

i used whatever conventional oil the dealership uses for 7500 miles, and recently changed to synthetic. oc was at a minimum with the dino, and im hoping its the same with the synthetic.

on my v1 i used synthetic after 1500 miles and 2000 miles later i was down about 1.5 qts. so 6k miles more using dino is the only help im going to give. if it oc's like before using the same oil, then im out cuz its getting ridiculous.

Last edited by creationv2; 03-21-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:32 PM
RBlover69

^^^yah its good to hear your vq is working for ya...but i still think its cheating if you dont use 5w-30 and the results dont even count because youre using a thicker oil. but thats just me. id want to know that the car works as it should from the factory, not by using a crutch that possibly is hiding a problem.

i used whatever conventional oil the dealership uses for 7500 miles, and recently changed to synthetic. oc was at a minimum with the dino, and im hoping its the same with the synthetic.

on my v1 i used synthetic after 1500 miles and 2000 miles later i was down about 1.5 qts. so 6k miles more using dino is the only help im going to give. if it oc's like before using the same oil, then im out cuz its getting ridiculous.
well the reason why i would say that the ow40 doesnt save all because that was the last oil i tried in my v1 and i still consumed a quart so this engine has to be at effieiciency for it not to be consuming with my heavier oil
Old 03-21-2008, 07:40 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
Thanks lol now all I have is slight griding from 4th to 5th gear
Dealer said to give it a bit since its only got 30 miles
from install of new engine, he said they had to take out tranny as
well, o well I will see.

lol, almost the same thing happened to me. My transmission and clutch were perfect before the V2 install, especially with the history those two have had, I felt fortunate. After the install, it was like 5th and 6th moved. Imagine the "H" pattern, then move the right line for 5 and 6 closer to 3 and 4. Before I could very quickly go from 4th up and over all the way to the right and up to 5th very fast, now I move up and just barely over to 5th. I have adjusted to it, but if I am not careful, I can go from 5th back into 4th instead of 6th. Oh well, so far my OC is acceptable after about 9500 miles.

John
Old 03-21-2008, 08:02 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by RBlover69
well the reason why i would say that the ow40 doesnt save all because that was the last oil i tried in my v1 and i still consumed a quart so this engine has to be at effieiciency for it not to be consuming with my heavier oil

oh. im sorry i didnt know you used it on the last motor. i said what i said because it seems most v2 ppl started using different oil weights from the thread that did the comparisons and testings of different oils.

well then thats awesome that your v2 is all in working order. hope theres more revups that turn out that way.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:58 AM
potophan01

Originally Posted by RBlover69
Dude - it's not the oil. I read the same thing and tried both and they both consumed at about the same rate.

This is not an oil problem or Nissan would tell us to use synth.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion