Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:12 PM
luvZcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kool I'll have to figure out how to scan at a smaller size cause this is the first time i had this problem I dont send many scans mostly fax things to people
Old 10-27-2007, 08:34 PM
ZeeForce

Default Posted on behalf of luvZcar: NNA Letter

Here is the letter that luvZcar received.

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-luvzcar-nna-ltr_0002.jpg

Thanks to TuckandTwist for helping out, now that is team work!

Last edited by ZeeForce; 10-27-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:36 PM
luvZcar

zeeforce what you think about this is it any help???
Old 10-27-2007, 08:44 PM
luvZcar

no thanks to both of you I hope this can help use all, thanks again guys
Old 10-27-2007, 08:56 PM
luvZcar

heres a picture, this might have been easier guys
Attached Thumbnails RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-the-fax-155.jpg  
Old 10-27-2007, 09:17 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by luvZcar
zeeforce what you think about this is it any help???
To be honest and in my IMHO.
This same exact letter was presented to another member on the other site about the same time I got word from NNA via tele on Sept 5 and he received his V2 two weeks after mine (9/11/07) around 10/01/07. So I would have to say you are in line for the V2. Its an old letter that they have in their system that they are about to release a new engine - which is just what they told him as if it was a fact. It’s the typical corporate BS. I really think it’s a V2 that they have for you on a waitlist.

If it’s any consolation, I know of a V2 (in fact) was just shipped to the Silicon Valley in Northern Calif. this week, and he is picking it up in a few days. There is nothing wrong with the V2', mine and others have no OC.

I may be wrong about the current letter and NNA's (quote from the letter) "of a new engine in production to correct this problem". Let’s get some other opinions as mine is only one. The dates (above) are too close to todays current date and the fact they just shipped a V2 this week to a dealer.

Last edited by ZeeForce; 10-27-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:44 AM
luvZcar

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
To be honest and in my IMHO.
This same exact letter was presented to another member on the other site about the same time I got word from NNA via tele on Sept 5 and he received his V2 two weeks after mine (9/11/07) around 10/01/07. So I would have to say you are in line for the V2. Its an old letter that they have in their system that they are about to release a new engine - which is just what they told him as if it was a fact. It’s the typical corporate BS. I really think it’s a V2 that they have for you on a waitlist.

If it’s any consolation, I know of a V2 (in fact) was just shipped to the Silicon Valley in Northern Calif. this week, and he is picking it up in a few days. There is nothing wrong with the V2', mine and others have no OC.

I may be wrong about the current letter and NNA's (quote from the letter) "of a new engine in production to correct this problem". Let’s get some other opinions as mine is only one. The dates (above) are too close to todays current date and the fact they just shipped a V2 this week to a dealer.
you may also be very right and if they are shipping v2s then you most likly are,they only way to tell is a part number so I'll have to see when it comes in (anyways I'm just happy they are replaceing it agaain )I tried to help and if this helps one person then its all worth it

Last edited by luvZcar; 10-28-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 AM
StoneZtech

Put me Down for OC Problem... Build date on my car was 03-2006

I got my 2006 350Z just about 4 weeks ago. I got it with 16K miles on her, I had Oil Change done @ 17K miles on her with M1 5-w30. Well 18K and After 1K miles My Oil level is half between H & L I'm so **** you don't understand.

I have not taken her back to the dealer but I will be this Friday, I’ve called NNA and open up Case with them already and told them that if Region rep does not call me by tomorrow I'm filing a case with BBB and getting my Lawyer as well. They told me they will make sure they call me and will get the ball rolling on this ASAP.

I called my dealer and made an appointment and requested for Server Manager to take care of my case and see Nissan does everything right with my Eng replacement.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 AM
luvZcar

waiting on my engine and the days seem to be getting longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:22 PM
RBlover69

theres only one problem with that letter...its not typed from NNA its typed from the dealership person who took care of ya...yea i think where talking about the same motor. lol i got the same exact letter telling me engine was on order from japan with a 3 month expectancy wait . lol
Old 10-30-2007, 05:51 AM
CRXtoZ

I don't know much about cars but four days ago I was cruising with friends and the low oil indicator came on for a few second. this was the second time I noticed it in the last couple of days. I broke away from the group with a friend who also had an 06 Z and headed to a gas station to check the oil. We didn't have much time to let the car cool down to get the proper reading. I bought two quart of oil and we left to meet the rest of our group. We're meeting at Wild Buffulo wings and I tought I will have enought time to let the engine cool down while we ate. On our way to BWW I notice the oil pressure needle slowly falling to the left as I let off the gas. I called my friend and asked him what was his oil pressure gauge reading. His stayed between 30 and 60. Mine was on 30 and declining. We headed back to the gas station and I ended up putting one quart of oil in my Z (Way before this I was picking up some weird noise coming from the engine). We monitored the oil pressure gauge since it was the only thing at the time that was giving us reading as changes happened. Everything seen back to normal by the end of the night. Two day later I take my car to the dealer for an oil change. I explain to them what happened few days ago and asked to check how much oil I had in my Z amoung other things. Three hours I waited for them to do regular maintenance work on my car. They hand me my car key and a receipt. I asked the service rep. what work was done to my car? " we lube this, check that, and replace this" he said. Nothing I asked of them was done. They didn't check and see how much oil I had when I brough it in. This was one thing I was concerned about the most. The work order didn't state any problems or addressed any concerns that I had. At the end, he asked me to check my oil every couple of days and if it's low I should bring it in for a test. He said that if it fails the test that they'll talk to Nissan and see what they want to do. Should I avoid this dealership and take my car elsewhere with this problem. So far nothing been documented in wrinting that my Z is eating oil. I just don't want anything to go wrong while I'm monitoring my oil. What should I do?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 AM
TuckandTwist

Originally Posted by CRXtoZ
... So far nothing been documented in wrinting that my Z is eating oil. I just don't want anything to go wrong while I'm monitoring my oil. What should I do?
Go back and ask them to conduct an "Oil Consumption Test". When they have a baseline on how much is being consumed per 500 miles they will know whether or not to replace the engine. If it's still in warranty they will most likely replace your engine with a long block (either a V1 or V2). This is the process I went through and it was painless. I am supposed to pick my Z up today. Don't know yet if it's V1 or V2 engine ... I'll post as soon as I know.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 AM
StoneZtech

I don't know much about cars but four days ago I was cruising with friends and the low oil indicator came on for a few second. this was the second time I noticed it in the last couple of days. I broke away from the group with a friend who also had an 06 Z and headed to a gas station to check the oil. We didn't have much time to let the car cool down to get the proper reading. I bought two quart of oil and we left to meet the rest of our group. We're meeting at Wild Buffulo wings and I tought I will have enought time to let the engine cool down while we ate. On our way to BWW I notice the oil pressure needle slowly falling to the left as I let off the gas. I called my friend and asked him what was his oil pressure gauge reading. His stayed between 30 and 60. Mine was on 30 and declining. We headed back to the gas station and I ended up putting one quart of oil in my Z (Way before this I was picking up some weird noise coming from the engine). We monitored the oil pressure gauge since it was the only thing at the time that was giving us reading as changes happened. Everything seen back to normal by the end of the night. Two day later I take my car to the dealer for an oil change. I explain to them what happened few days ago and asked to check how much oil I had in my Z amoung other things. Three hours I waited for them to do regular maintenance work on my car. They hand me my car key and a receipt. I asked the service rep. what work was done to my car? " we lube this, check that, and replace this" he said. Nothing I asked of them was done. They didn't check and see how much oil I had when I brough it in. This was one thing I was concerned about the most. The work order didn't state any problems or addressed any concerns that I had. At the end, he asked me to check my oil every couple of days and if it's low I should bring it in for a test. He said that if it fails the test that they'll talk to Nissan and see what they want to do. Should I avoid this dealership and take my car elsewhere with this problem. So far nothing been documented in wrinting that my Z is eating oil. I just don't want anything to go wrong while I'm monitoring my oil. What should I do?
That tech needs to have *** wipE!! . I mean WFT is that I would hav gone off on them when right into the GM office and pulled the SM with me.. That is BS, they know what is going on they are trying to brush you off because they don't want to have to do that kind of work on your car.

I call NNA ASAP open case get ball going, tell them your getting BBB and law on them and State AGM.. Fight!!! don't take BS and your calling the shots remember that not them..
Old 10-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Mid117

Default UPdates on my new V1

Updates on my V1 motor replacement:

after 500-600 miles, oil level appears good....but I'll be watching it like a hawk
Old 10-30-2007, 11:44 AM
king67rsss

I don't know much about cars but four days ago I was cruising with friends and the low oil indicator came on for a few second. this was the second time I noticed it in the last couple of days.
The light you are seeing is not a low oil indicator, it is a low oil pressure warning.
Just FYI, I see this mistake many many times on this site.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
TuckandTwist

Originally Posted by king67rsss
The light you are seeing is not a low oil indicator, it is a low oil pressure warning.
Just FYI, I see this mistake many many times on this site.
Thanks. Good info to know.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:23 PM
CRXtoZ

I called a different dealership today to have an oil consumption test done on my Z. They say it takes about 2.5 hour to run the test and that they could do it today. I drove 1/2 hour to this dealership and expected a long wait. 1/2 after a sign the car to them, they were done. I was surprised how a 2.5 hour test was done in a 1/2 hour. I asked the service rep what was done and he say that they did a visual inspection of the car and found no leaks. they gave me an oil change that I didn't ask for (had oil change two days ago from another dealership) and asked me to come back after putting 700 miles on the car for a check up (funny they were going to send me out on my way without any paperwork). I spoke to the guy who seemed at the time the head guy at the service depeartment that I wanted a oil consumption test done on my car. I didn't drive here for an oil change and a visual inspection. He claim that they were following Nissan standard procedure on oil consumption problem. which was to do a visual inspecton, oil change, mark the oil lever and have the consumer back after 700 miles. He claim that it was hard to run a test on a Z and that they didn't have the equipment to do it because the Z had to be plugged in into something. So why was I told that they could do the test when I called and talked to them ealier. "well, you should be happy that we got you done in a 1/2 hour" he said. " you shouldn't listen to those guys on the forum they have the tendency to scare people''. BS. That's exactly what I expected from them after what I read here and I told him that. I told them I wanted a receipt and I wanted it to state that Custumer stated that oil pressure level was low and added a quart of oil, visual inspection was done and no leak was found. Custumer was asked to return after putting 700 miles on the car. I wnated some kind of documentation for my record just in case something was to go wrong. It took them at least ten minute to figure out what they were going to put on the receipt. At the check out counter I was handed a copy of the the receipt and it had a vague description and nothing mentioned about the oil pressure light coming on and a quart of oil was added by custumer. Before I could do anything else, one of the service rep. comes to me and tell me that a new engine been order already. WHAT? He explain that the GM been following our ealier conversation. GM did some checking and found that Nissan was replacing this engine and had order one for me. So now what? "Well, you don't need to come back after 700 miles. He said. " The engine should be here in a week. We'll call you and have another car ready for you while we replace the engine in your Z. I'm still confused to what happen. I was going to go home and come back for a check up after 700 miles. I shook the rep hand with a big smile knowing that I didn't have to deal with this BS again. You guys were right! You have to go in there ready to fight.

Thanx everyone on here for your help. Couldn't have known or got it taken care of without you.

Last edited by CRXtoZ; 10-31-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:33 PM
king67rsss

OK,
The tech who told you they need any special diagnostic tools is an idiot. The only tools they need are a rag and a pair of eyes to check your oil levels after a set amount of miles.
Normally they will fill your engine with the correct amount of oil, mark the oil drain plug and then check the oil levels after each 1000 miles.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
jivenwail

Default lemon law

Hey everyone, my 06 has been burning oil for about a year now. Horrible responses from the dealers in dealing with this. (Tustin Nissan, and Douglas Nissan of Orange) Was given the run around by both, promised an engine but then allegedly the guy coordinating that process got fired and....lots of frustration. Finally I got a lawyer, and only through them was I able to get Nissan to make an offer to replace my engine, with a small monetary compensation, but now I will have to sign something saying I will not sue them regarding this issue again. There are some nice people that work at Nissan, but on a whole, the customer service has been crap from corporate to the dealers. Best of luck to anyone dealing with oil consumption, hopefully I will have my new engine soon.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:37 PM
king67rsss

Also I find it very strange that they would just order an engine for you without the actual consumption tests to prove that you are really having a problem. Without the tests Nissan does not know whether the problem is actually caused by a faulty engine or lazy vehicle owner.
I would get what the Rep said in writing ASAP.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion