pooch15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Updated List

V2 'installees' update
Known V2 install recipients and their results:

1) Dbasal - maybe not fixed. (no new update as of 10/12/07)
2) Theatrix - 3500 mi ….still NOT burning oil
3) RBlover - Success - Done w/Break-in. 4k mi…No OC when running Mobil 1 0w-40 synth w/synth oil filter.
4) 4Shizzil - Success 2k on synth and not a drop, dyno’d at 265-275
5) Zmaximus - still consuming (no new update as of 10/12/07)
6) Antennahead - 3k mi (changed oil at 200 mi) – so far so good - still pending
7) Creationv2 - dont know yet...only 100 miles
8) Hexxum001 - G35 with V2 motor - so far so good (no new update as of 10/12/07)
9) ZMedic16 - Still Pending (no new update as of 10/12/07)
10) ZLOC06 – 1400 mi and some OC - but still pending. (no new update as of 10/12/07)
11) ZPHILE - 45mi on V2 - still pending
12) luvZcar -5000 miles and still consuming ( new v1 under oil consumption test )
13) ZeeForce - 800 miles so far so good - pending break-in (oil changed at 500 miles with 5w-30 Castrol GTX, still full on dipstick)
14) jkim1978 - 0.5 qt per 1k mi – still pending (no new update as of 10/12/07)
15) pooch15 - 950 mi on V2 - Everything looks good so far.
16) neverbonestock – still pending
17) doublins – 1k mi - still pending
18) joe blow xbox – replaced with V1 – still pending
19) Mid117 – replaced with V1 – still pending
20) 9kFever – replaced with V1 – still pending
21) king67rsss – 20 mi – still pending
22) ROGERD – V1 longblock installed - consuming 2 qt per 3k mi

^ Hey guys, is the info current and correct?
If not, please update and repost this list.Thank

I checked this morning and the level was the same as when I got the car back from the dealer. I will be changing the oil this week with Mobile 1 0W40 and should be able to put another 750-1000 mi before I have to store it away for winter. If things stay the same in three weeks, I will be scheduling a JWT twin turbo install next spring.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:56 PM
ZeeForce

^Thanks I will update the new format list with your info.

Install date?
Initial impression?

I just finished the UOA thread, I am sold on Mobil1 0w-40 gonna swap out on my next oil change.

Q: Is your V2 for a G? If so what part # was on the invoice? Ending in a "9" or was it a "G"?

Last edited by ZeeForce; 10-21-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:03 PM
pooch15

^Thanks I will update the new format list with your info.

Install date?
Initial impression?

I just finished the UOA thread, I am sold on Mobil1 0w-40 gonna swap out on my next oil change.

Q: Is your V2 for a G? If so what part # was on the invoice? Ending in a "9" or was it a "G"?
- 2006 350Z MT

- Part# 10102-AC7MZ

- Installed Oct. 1

- Maybe a bit smoother but no difference in power that I can feel. I've found the car to be wimpy since day one because the 2006 is a replacement for a supercharged 2003 that I had stolen last year.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:30 PM
9kFever

Checked the oil on my v1 replacement...the oil level is a little over half. So in 600 miles I am about 3/4 of a qt low. Anyone know how the dipstick works? On the L isnt 1 qt low. Because during my consumption test i would be above the L barely and almost 2 qts low. I believe it is like 1.75 qts from L to H
Old 10-21-2007, 08:17 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by pooch15
- 2006 350Z MT

- Part# 10102-AC7MZ

- Installed Oct. 1

- Maybe a bit smoother but no difference in power that I can feel. I've found the car to be wimpy since day one because the 2006 is a replacement for a supercharged 2003 that I had stolen last year.
Thanks, and soon as you install the TT you will be riding like before. One good thought you will not be dealing with the tire feathering issue the 03’ had.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:22 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by 9kFever
Checked the oil on my v1 replacement...the oil level is a little over half. So in 600 miles I am about 3/4 of a qt low. Anyone know how the dipstick works? On the L isnt 1 qt low. Because during my consumption test i would be above the L barely and almost 2 qts low. I believe it is like 1.75 qts from L to H
I heard folk say it’s 1qt from L to H. I always thought it was more, because during my OC test I was a hair above the L and it took 1.3 qrt to top it off. Best bet is to have them top it off, the amount they use will be your indicator. Let it sit for 20 min after they top it and recheck.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:51 PM
9kFever

I heard folk say it’s 1qt from L to H. I always thought it was more, because during my OC test I was a hair above the L and it took 1.3 qrt to top it off. Best bet is to have them top it off, the amount they use will be your indicator. Let it sit for 20 min after they top it and recheck.
Ive never seen my dipstick below L but after doing my own oil changes have seen it close to 2 qts low. The dealer has always said it was 1.5-2 qts low as well and the dipstick always said it was above the L. Maybe some oil was in the heads who knows.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 AM
GATORZ

Default Consumption test are done!

Well I've been doing the consumption test for several months and finally got the news. I am averaging 4.1 quarts per 3400 miles. That's what the dealer came back with from all my times of having it checked.

Dealer called today and said that Nissan will replace the long block as soon as more of the newer version(I guess the V2) are available for ship. Also said they are aware that the old version does not repair the problem and they aren't using that to fix this problem anymore.

On the Tech Line Asist form that NNA sent back it says they are awaiting a bulletin to be released about this as well.....I don't have a clue what that could be referring to.

This is what I know and just wanted to pass it on. I will say I had NO hassle getting them to approve the long block replacment.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM
TuckandTwist

Default Oil Consumption Test Done

I bought my '04 Touring in June '07 and had the dealer change the oil when I took it in for the 60k checkup. I was stunned a few weeks ago when I noticed the oil pressure was dropping. Checked the oil level and had to add almost 3 quarts to get it back to full. I only drove it 1500 miles! So I was thinking: either the dealer did not fill it all the way or it's burning a ton of oil. The car does not smoke very noticeably - even when pushed hard.

Took it back to the dealer with 58,000 miles on it and they changed the oil w/filter and had me drive it 500 miles. Returned it last week and it was almost a full quart low.

Just got a call from the service manager at the dealership. NNA has just appoved a new long block.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
luvZcar

Well I just got back from the dealership and I have in my hand a invoice for a new motor and it states that nissan has a new production motor to be released soon that is to be a fix this is not just new rings and what have you its a new set up,and specs or so they say but its all here in writing so I guess I can't wait for the new motor so happy at this time lets hope the V3 thats what I'm calling it, is a true fix. because from what my tech manager said I did get the motor with new rings from a different suppler V2 (I guess) he says the part number did not mean much Z or A same deal ,only time will tell all
Old 10-22-2007, 01:27 PM
RBlover69

if its in a letter head typed form nissan can u scan it and post it that would be awesome. ALso...service managers are not the most privey to knowledge people...my service manager thought the GTR was 100percent gonna have a 3.5 vq with a twin turbo 500 hp. Also thought the next Z was gonn have a v8. But that i got from one of the techs.lol...
not to mention some dealrships actaully beleive the the stillen Z is actaully worth it lmao

7k miles no oil consumption on a revised motor. using 0w40
Old 10-22-2007, 03:29 PM
luvZcar

yeah i know but the guys here don't seem to bs me and they have yet to do me wrong and I'm sure a bunch seem to rely on secound hand info,But they have been spot on so far ,and yes its in letter head but for some reason I can't get it to upload to my350z,but heres what it said I copied and pasted this but as soon as I can I'll post the scan:CONTACTED NISSAN TECH. ASSIST. - CASE _ - WAS ADVISED
OF A NEW ENGINE IS IN PRODUCTION TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM NEW ENGINE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. ADVISED CUSTOMER THAT HE WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN ENGINE BECOMES AVAILABLE"
Old 10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
TuckandTwist

I'll call the service manager and see what he knows regarding the new engines ... they have not given me a completion date yet.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:25 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by luvZcar
yeah i know but the guys here don't seem to bs me and they have yet to do me wrong and I'm sure a bunch seem to rely on secound hand info,But they have been spot on so far ,and yes its in letter head but for some reason I can't get it to upload to my350z,but heres what it said I copied and pasted this but as soon as I can I'll post the scan:CONTACTED NISSAN TECH. ASSIST. - CASE _ - WAS ADVISED
OF A NEW ENGINE IS IN PRODUCTION TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM NEW ENGINE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. ADVISED CUSTOMER THAT HE WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN ENGINE BECOMES AVAILABLE"
"CONTACTED NISSAN TECH. ASSIST. - CASE _ - WAS ADVISED

I'm not trying to throw cold water on your statement, but this statement from Nissan that a new engine is coming is what they have been touting forever to put people off........... wait for a fix.............it's coming. Could very well be the same ole song and dance to avoid too much liability. Only those that BBB or threaten to sue have been served in most cases.

John
Old 10-22-2007, 07:36 PM
RBlover69

exactly...i just cant see there being a TSB on all revups..Its just to much of a backfire. but im all for it. But im not gonna lie i have heard this before aswell.

Just ask your self this...what kind of engine do you think your gonna get.lol ITs gonna be a revup of course. So keep in mind that revised rings and pistons is about the only thing ur probably gonna recieve in the future . Remember there still liable for giving you exactly what was desired in the purchase warranty wise.

I hope it works out fellas....we need some 300rwhp revups man.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:36 PM
labelworkshop75

yea I'm approved for a new engine, but still waiting also down here in Orlando
Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by luvZcar
Well I just got back from the dealership and I have in my hand a invoice for a new motor and it states that nissan has a new production motor to be released soon that is to be a fix this is not just new rings and what have you its a new set up,and specs or so they say but its all here in writing so I guess I can't wait for the new motor so happy at this time lets hope the V3 thats what I'm calling it, is a true fix. because from what my tech manager said I did get the motor with new rings from a different suppler V2 (I guess) he says the part number did not mean much Z or A same deal ,only time will tell all
this is exactly what NNA and my dealer have been telling me. So no all those who flamed me swearing their V2 had different pistons and rings can question that. Who knows whats going on!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
NeverBoneStock

well i had mine replaced this month and not a drop of oil so far!! i have put 500 miles on it and the pressure is the same!! the pressure with the last engine would start dropping 500 miles after a oil change, so i would say so far so good!! heres the catcher for you guys waiting on these so called engines to be built... GO THE BBB ROUTE!! ITS DOCUMENTED AND AFTER ALOT OF RUNAROUND I WENT THAT ROUTE AND GUESS WHAT!!! IT WAS FIXED REALLY FAST ... ONLY 7 DAYS TO GET HERE FROM JAPAN AND A 2 DAY INSTALL!! i even had a nna representative come up from L.A the check the install!! runs really smooth and strong!! stop wasting time and kick them in the *****!!! oh yeah i also noticed that my last engine had tiny metal flakes in the oil .....
Old 10-23-2007, 04:19 AM
antennahead

Originally Posted by 9kFever
this is exactly what NNA and my dealer have been telling me. So no all those who flamed me swearing their V2 had different pistons and rings can question that. Who knows whats going on!
I wasn't flaming you, sorry if you thought that..... was just commenting on the "party" line they have been touting for some time, and how that leads to confusion amoung those with the OC issue.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
luvZcar

antennahead this will be my 3rd motor and as the rest of you I'm suspicous too ,also thats excatly what they said the rings, pistons and cylinder walls all have been revised (not just a new supplyer for rings, but new specs)of course its still a rev up dah and here I thought I was getting the top secret motor made just for me Guys we all have to take what they say with a little grain of salt read between the lines and figure out the truth for ourselfs, ofcourse they are buying some time why put another motor thats just going to eat oil in my car again, what ever I just want it fixed and I'm willing to wait for a little while and give them a chance to make it right. 50/50 chance that it won't take NOT A FIX, hand built true but not working for all.Believe me I'm mad about this too but lets not hate on each other I was just relaying what was told to me, I've been going through this for a long time , as has most of you and some of you got the run arround ,well I did not they replaced my motor the first time after one test and have been very good to me there they shared what info they had then and are sharing the info they have know,so lets all hope they do something soon................I'm out

Last edited by luvZcar; 10-23-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion