Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Dynoed my car (revup with cams)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:37 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Regardless of the numbers you post, the increase with cams will be significantly more when you have a higher CR. That's what the JWT's are made for either f/i or high cr n/a.

Alberto may be a bit harsh with the words, but he's giving you some real world advice. I wouldn't have posted that either, especially on this forum where people are quick to judge.

Name calling is definitely a sign of immaturity, so lets try to keep it clean.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:37 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by rocks
booger he told me it would read alot lower than normal. I just really wanted to see were the cams would make power at, and check the a/f ratio. These guys build 1000whp cars that are daily driven they know what they are doing. They think there is about 20-30whp left in it with tuning. After we road tune im going back to the dyno in a week or two, then ill have actuall numbers on it. It should make power all the way too 7000rpms with no problem. It drops off because of the 11.9 afr.
Do you have a engine management?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am waiting for a utec to tune it with, so no there is no engine managment right now. The car is running off of the stock ecu on the dyno and right now. It shoots flames out the exhaust when shifting at redline from it being so rich. Ill road tune the fuel settings then ill do the ignition timing on the dyno, im just intresed to see what i can get out of the cams NA, and it will be good for other people staying NA because they will see from my example that they can make more power with more compression, so its not a worthless endevor to me.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

you were better off with the bike dyno you posted in the other thread
Old 02-05-2007, 10:48 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dukeduster
Doug you post an awful lot of kills. Do you do anything besides race?
stop searching my posts to learn about me and then think you know me.. you don't know anything about me.. apparently you don't know anything about Z's either.. if you think running 86 octane to compensate for lower compression is a smart idea.. i hope you change your O2 sensors before you slap a turbo kit on the car.. because more than likely they are toast... and your bike dyno is wack too .. thats one slow *** bike you have there
Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 AM
rocks

Hm yea you got any proff octane destroys o2 sensors...
Old 02-05-2007, 11:10 AM
97supratt

Hm yea you got any proff octane destroys o2 sensors...
Actually it might. If it doesn't then it will definitely kill ur hp output. 87 octane may not ping with the low comp pistons, but it sure as hell won't make peak power because you cannot advance the timing.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:19 AM
rocks

Im going to tune it on 90 octane so i can advance the timing. Im just using 86 now because it so rich it doesnt really matter.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
97supratt

Im going to tune it on 90 octane so i can advance the timing. Im just using 86 now because it so rich it doesnt really matter.
Well that might be the reason why you run rich also.

Last edited by 97supratt; 02-05-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:15 PM
OhMyG35god

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok... so wheres the pre-headers dyno? tell me you didnt jsut waste 4 pages of forum space to not even post all of the info were looking for!?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
rocks

There is no predyno the engine exploded at 6000miles. Headers went on when the engine went in.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:45 PM
OhMyG35god

... so then this thread is even more useless than we all thought!? i didnt think that could be true!
lets sum this up.
we have
A. a broken dyno
B. no pre-mod dyno sheet
C. less brain cells than when we started this thread!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
97supratt

Originally Posted by OhMyG35god
... so then this thread is even more useless than we all thought!? i didnt think that could be true!
lets sum this up.
we have
A. a broken dyno
B. no pre-mod dyno sheet
C. less brain cells than when we started this thread!

We are Oh so harsh at my350z.com.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Zexy

This thread needs a closing...
Old 02-05-2007, 02:56 PM
98sr20ve

booger he told me it would read alot lower than normal. I just really wanted to see were the cams would make power at, and check the a/f ratio. These guys build 1000whp cars that are daily driven they know what they are doing. They think there is about 20-30whp left in it with tuning. After we road tune im going back to the dyno in a week or two, then ill have actuall numbers on it. It should make power all the way too 7000rpms with no problem. It drops off because of the 11.9 afr.

Glad you are going back to redyno on a properly set up machine. Only thing that makes any sence on this dyno is hopefully the power curve (ie: shape of the curve). That looks pretty good. Until you tune it so it's not pig rich and the dyno is right it's hard to comment on anything else in any meaningful way.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
MIAPLAYA

An unloaded Mustang dyno typically outputs higher numbers not lower... Its the entire principle behind the Dynojet vs All discussions. The Dynojet applies no real time load to the wheels and is essentially a fixed mass being rotated. A Mustang dyno that is not loaded does the same thing. You are spinning just the drum minus any load at all from the counterweights/brakes on the drum. The only way you should see higher numbers with the loaded Mustang is if the input weight for the vehicle is off as Mustang dynos apply load based on the input of vehicle weight or the operator changes the correction factor to skew the numbers..
Old 02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
An unloaded Mustang dyno typically outputs higher numbers not lower... Its the entire principle behind the Dynojet vs All discussions. The Dynojet applies no real time load to the wheels and is essentially a fixed mass being rotated. A Mustang dyno that is not loaded does the same thing. You are spinning just the drum minus any load at all from the counterweights/brakes on the drum. The only way you should see higher numbers with the loaded Mustang is if the input weight for the vehicle is off as Mustang dynos apply load based on the input of vehicle weight or the operator changes the correction factor to skew the numbers..
Mia
I maybe wrong on this . But in a simulation mode , Wt. and all the other numbers play a part on the load that is put on the rollers , done for tuning . But in a power curve mode , more load is put on the rollers to keep the rpm ramp up to a set number of seconds.....600rpm every 6 seconds...something to that effect .
Old 02-05-2007, 03:33 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by booger
Mia
I maybe wrong on this . But in a simulation mode , Wt. and all the other numbers play a part on the load that is put on the rollers , done for tuning . But in a power curve mode , more load is put on the rollers to keep the rpm ramp up to a set number of seconds.....600rpm every 6 seconds...something to that effect .
I suppose its possible depending on the operator of your dyno. You could certainly still load the roller in sim mode. However in this case they are saying they were not able to load the rollers whatsoever which means they HAD to run in simulation mode but with no load (ie: Dynojet sim mode). Those are always higher numbers then when loaded. When I ran locally in sim mode I had no load according to the monitor I was looking at but I may be wrong on that. In power curve mode you are absolutely right though. I don't think you can even run Power Curve mode without load. I don't think the system will let you.. Also as far as ramp up goes that was a completely different field and input on my local guys Mustang dyno. He set the ramp rate independent of vehicle weight and measurig mode.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:37 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had though the operator put in the Wt. and numbers for the weather conditions before every run we did in simulation mode [ tuning ] You really can tell when the dyno is in the power curve mode . Seems like the car does not gain rpms half as fast .
Old 02-05-2007, 03:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by booger
I had though the operator put in the Wt. and numbers for the weather conditions before every run we did in simulation mode [ tuning ] You really can tell when the dyno is in the power curve mode . Seems like the car does not gain rpms half as fast .
In sim mode I didn't ever see my weight get entered. He entered my wieght for the shootout and power curve modes but not sim... At least I didn't see him do it... I'll give him a call and see if he is still in the shop. Either way this particular dyno if anything is high not low. Regardless of what mode he captured these measurements in with no load the dyno is not going to read lower...

Quick Reply: Dynoed my car (revup with cams)