Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zexy
This thread needs a closing...

this forum needs a closing.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
In sim mode I didn't ever see my weight get entered. He entered my wieght for the shootout and power curve modes but not sim... At least I didn't see him do it... I'll give him a call and see if he is still in the shop. Either way this particular dyno if anything is high not low. Regardless of what mode he captured these measurements in with no load the dyno is not going to read lower...
yes lower ..no arguement there
Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by booger
yes lower ..no arguement there
He's gone for the day it looks like. I'll give him a call in the morning and see if I can get a definitive answer on how sim mode does or does not apply load based on weight... (on a properlly functioning dyno)
Old 02-05-2007, 04:04 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

amazing the car is even slower than we thought
Old 02-05-2007, 04:12 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by dukeduster
this forum needs a closing.
Then you should leave...
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
dukeduster

Originally Posted by doug
amazing the car is even slower than we thought

this forum is a joke. Nothing but horrible people always flaming. You know there is no technical insight or help whatsoever. Call jimmy at hp and talk to him. He tunes and builds 1000 whp vehicles all the time and he knows what he is talking about. http://www.turbochargedpower.com/ thats thier website. Guess what, they use holsets and garretts.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This forum isnt a joke, you and your friend are a joke. Who would spend $$$$ on a built motor, and run ebay headers? The dometic lower comp = $hit gas mentality shows how much you guys know-or dont know about engines/sensors he has in his Z's-this $hit isnt carburated. He is also trying to piece together a turbo kit with a snail that I wouldnt put on my lawn mower At the end of the day your friend has a "built" Z thats slower than a stock Z, and yet he is asking if he can rev to 7500rpm's in another thread!! Hey buddy, how about you put FI on your car and tune it on gas that a stock Z let alone a mod'd one takes and then move on to making power high enough to warrant revving that high Hilarious, to date Ive never seen any Z make power to 7500rpm's on 117 octane fuel (ie. advanced timing),and he thinks hes gonna rev it to there and make power on 86 octane and stock or slightly more retarded than stock timing? I bet he brags about how high he revs when in reality his powerband blows and his car is being mod'd all wrong.

Rocks, good luck to you, your gonna need it. BTW-Id love some track times to prove how strong your engine is in NA forum (seeing as how you cant produce a Dyno to prove this) 14.4 @ 96mph here you come...
Old 02-05-2007, 05:11 PM
dukeduster

Originally Posted by Alberto
This forum isnt a joke, you and your friend are a joke. Who would spend $$$$ on a built motor, and run ebay headers? The dometic lower comp = $hit gas mentality shows how much you guys know-or dont know about engines/sensors he has in his Z's-this $hit isnt carburated. He is also trying to piece together a turbo kit with a snail that I wouldnt put on my lawn mower At the end of the day your friend has a "built" Z thats slower than a stock Z, and yet he is asking if he can rev to 7500rpm's in another thread!! Hey buddy, how about you put FI on your car and tune it on gas that a stock Z let alone a mod'd one takes and then move on to making power high enough to warrant revving that high Hilarious, to date Ive never seen any Z make power to 7500rpm's on 117 octane fuel (ie. advanced timing),and he thinks hes gonna rev it to there and make power on 86 octane and stock or slightly more retarded than stock timing? I bet he brags about how high he revs when in reality his powerband blows and his car is being mod'd all wrong.

Rocks, good luck to you, your gonna need it. BTW-Id love some track times to prove how strong your engine is in NA forum (seeing as how you cant produce a Dyno to prove this) 14.4 @ 96mph here you come...

Alberto, You are very very hopeless sir. Have you personally done ANYTHING to your engine? I THINK I read in a thread where you had to have someone change your diff haha. Thats sad if its true. 86 is low octane and will make your car run a little rich yes. BUT 90 wont lean it out very much more. Its running rich period. Learn how to read a dyno graph cuase this $hit aint carburetored. Hows the car being modded all wrong? Dont make much sense to me. But then again it wouldnt according to 99% of this boards judgment
Old 02-05-2007, 05:26 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its pretty funny that clearly from the dyno it will make power too 7000 rpms, once the a/f ratio is good. I was asking if anyone had used the jwt valve train components at 7500 rpms, i am going to see if the cams will make power too 7500 rpms, btw alberto it only take 30-45mins to swap a diff on one of these cars.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Ive done everything including my TN kit, my suspension everything but the recent sponsored build. Nice to see you get your panties in a wad and resort to "belittling" me because you post retarded $hit on a public forum and get called out for it. Go to a Dynojet, Ive noticed Mustang Dynos smoothen the curve some...
Old 02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
MIAPLAYA

this forum is a joke. Nothing but horrible people always flaming. You know there is no technical insight or help whatsoever. Call jimmy at hp and talk to him. He tunes and builds 1000 whp vehicles all the time and he knows what he is talking about. http://www.turbochargedpower.com/ thats thier website. Guess what, they use holsets and garretts.
Their turbo selection doesn't really say anything about them except that you like the turbos they use. I'll leave that alone for now. But if you are going to try and tell me that a load based dyno running with no load applied is going to result in lower numbers then if the same car ran WITH load on the same dyno I don't think I'm the only one who is going to call you out on that. Your shop isn't the only shop in the US that uses a Mustang Dyno and have tuned "Several" 1000 HP cars. The shop I'm talking about does "several" 1000 HP cars a month (ok sand rails too but whatever). I'm sure he ALSO knows how to use his Mustang Dyno and I can promise you his answer is vastly different then the one you are giving us.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:57 PM
TheCajunStyle

lol !!!

excuse me for jumping in waaaaaaay after this thread already got out of hand, but your dyno doesn't really prove anything for me. You claim that you're tryin to show that aftermarket cams "bring a lower compression engine back to stock whp numbers". I'm sorry, but this is worthless to me because of two reasons: 1.) you have a different compression ratio, AND 2.) you are untuned with your new cams. That's worthless. I think the results would have been a little bit better if you had it tuned. If we had some accurate numbers to go on with on a good tune, at least we could do a little math and compare it to stock compression levels.

And 86 octane?! Damn, my **** has more octane than that!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:02 PM
dukeduster

About the dyno reading lower or higher I dunno, I am just going by what the guy at hp performance said. he did input the numbers so he should know its his dyno. I don't know much about dynos and I never said i did. but i do know how an engine works and advanced principles of internal combustion engines.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
dukeduster

86 octane is pretty ****ty I agree on that. but why would you say those are bad numbers on a low reading dyno with 86 octane UNTUNED?
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

you guys have more links than google... you always post links to here.. and post links to there... seems like all your knowledge is contained on the internet..
dukeduster

there is another 20-30 whp in it no problem with 90 and tuning.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

About the dyno reading lower or higher I dunno, I am just going by what the guy at hp performance said. he did input the numbers so he should know its his dyno. I don't know much about dynos and I never said i did. but i do know how an engine works and advanced principles of internal combustion engines.

but why would you say those are bad numbers on a low reading dyno with 86 octane UNTUNED?
I suggest you stop sticking to your story "this guy who builds 1000hp cars told us blah blah about the dyno" your making yourself look dumb. edit-and stop saying its low reading it wasnt even loaded! That car wouldnt make 230whp SAE corrected on a Dynojet, and for all the smack rocks talked "my car is faster than a full bolt-on Z" (in other threads) this sure is funny, worst part is he posted it, and with excuses right off the bat lol...

Last edited by Alberto; 02-05-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:05 PM
dukeduster

Originally Posted by doug
you guys have more links than google... you always post links to here.. and post links to there... seems like all your knowledge is contained on the internet..

I get about 60% of my knowledge from the internet. the other 40 is trial and error.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Mid117

you're better off walking
Old 02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

86 octane in any Z --->

Quick Reply: Dynoed my car (revup with cams)