Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery
View Poll Results: Which is much better for performance?? I have 287hp Non Revup motor.
AAM Angled Spacer
14.89%
Motordyne 5/16th spacer
70.21%
Just Mrev 2 w/out spacer
14.89%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Hey guys Newby to the Z need advuce

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:47 AM
myladyz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by annahandres
+1, 6.5 at least from what I have read on the JWT site. Plus it sounds like sex in the upper RPMs, mmmmm.
everyone is so set because the jwt site says 6.5 its gauranteed but every car is different and the popcharger did **** for me i switched to injen cold air and got 8rwhp and 11tq out of it whereas the popcharger gained 1hp and lost 3ft lbs
Old 04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Don't have useful information? Just the fact that I posted in this thread shows the OP that I have the MD spacer. Is that useful enough for you?

Why is it there's always 1 guy who stands up for the newbie who doesn't know how to lurk and search?

I'm not standing up for anyone. Every new thread I have read so far, someone always says did you try to search? This is an old subject.

Arent these forums to help each other out? Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of it, but I get a bad vibe from my350z.com. Were here to help each other out, not knock each other when ever there is a question. No question is dumb some people just dont know.

With that said. My post was not to offend anyone, it was me venting. Every New Thread I read there is always someone who says search. When we all know that search feature doesnt even work that well.

USN HM350Z. My post wasnt intended for you. Why you got offended I dont know. I do appreciate you sending it to me in Private though. Shows maturity. I'm a New Yorker with hot Blood. Its pointless arguing over the web. With that said I'm dropping it.

Last edited by RedBullRR; 04-18-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
I'm not standing up for anyone. Every new thread I have read so far, someone always says did you try to search? This is an old subject.

Arent these forums to help each other out? Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of it, but I get a bad vibe from my350z.com. Were here to help each other out, not knock each other when ever there is a question. No question is dumb some people just dont know.

With that said. My post was not to offend anyone, it was me venting. Every New Thread I read there is always someone who says search. When we all know that search feature doesnt even work that well.

USN HM350Z. My post wasnt intended for you. Why you got offended I dont know. I do appreciate you sending it to me in Private though. Shows maturity. I'm a New Yorker with hot Blood. Its pointless arguing over the web. With that said I'm dropping it.
Here's a brief history of Wired 24/7:

-Thought about buying a 350z.
-Searched to find the answers I wanted before buying.
-Bought a 350z.
-Searched for pictures, specs, etc, to find the answers I wanted about wheels and tires.
-Bought wheels and tires
-AFTER SEARCHING, I would occasionally post a question, if I was sure it could not be found by searching.

etc.

If I can do it, so can everyone else. That's why I don't particularly care for people who would PREFER to spend 30 minutes arguing rather than 5 minutes searching.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 04-18-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
BallZdeepNYC

any experience with AAM spacer and Mrev2 combo? as for what you guys are saying it must be a toss up. I guess im gonna go with this setup
Nismo CAI
5/16th Plenum spacer
HKS HiPower w/ Titanium Tips

for now... Unless someone here thinks
AAM Spacer
Mrev2
Nismo CAI
same exhaust

also How much to get NIsmo CAI installed at dealer??
Old 04-19-2007, 06:58 PM
WangZ808

Originally Posted by MUZZY
when I installed my spacer from motordyne I defenetly felt the gains. I was suprised. I recomend it to all none rev up Z's for sure. 15min install!

also how you figure that the stock airbox is better than a pop charger?
the JWT is proven to gain 9hp

15mins damn! Muzzy you must have been flyin' it...did you torque everything to spec too??
Old 04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Here's a brief history of Wired 24/7:

-Thought about buying a 350z.
-Searched to find the answers I wanted before buying.
-Bought a 350z.
-Searched for pictures, specs, etc, to find the answers I wanted about wheels and tires.
-Bought wheels and tires
-AFTER SEARCHING, I would occasionally post a question, if I was sure it could not be found by searching.

etc.

If I can do it, so can everyone else. That's why I don't particularly care for people who would PREFER to spend 30 minutes arguing rather than 5 minutes searching.
Def agree!! And do u have a Non revup or revup?? If u call and talk to motordyne for a minute they will tell u what u need!! Dont go bigger than 5'16 unless u wanna upgrade ur strut bar and u wouldnt even be upgrading bc nothing is better than your stock strut bar. You do not need the spacer and the Mrev2 if you dont have a revup!! (motordyne will tell u all this bc thats what they told ME!!) Spacer is what u need buy the iso thermal 5'16 and u will be satisfied and if u have deep pockets and you wanna dropp a couple hundred dollars for 2 hp then buy the Mrev2. once again motordyne will tell u! I also have MD spacer!!! Were not bullys just trying to help you out. And listen to the moderator he knows what he is talkin about!!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:48 AM
jjaujou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to beat a dead horse here, but the AAM vs MD spacer question's been on my mind too. Kinda got the impression that the two were pretty close cousins, but you folks wouldn't happen to have a dyno or two on them, would you? Not a doubter, just trying to squeeze every last drop out of my Z AND my wallet...
Old 04-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lemme see your wallet, I'll squeeze it for ya :-D
Old 04-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jjaujou
Hate to beat a dead horse here, but the AAM vs MD spacer question's been on my mind too. Kinda got the impression that the two were pretty close cousins, but you folks wouldn't happen to have a dyno or two on them, would you? Not a doubter, just trying to squeeze every last drop out of my Z AND my wallet...
Search function -> find threads created by Wired 24/7 -> lots of MD dynos
Old 04-22-2007, 10:25 AM
jjaujou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gracias