Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Special Delivery.................BORLA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 03:30 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daaaaaaaaamn you guys are demanding!!! j/k

Okay. So here we go..........

1st: IT SOUNDS F****** AMAZING! At idle it has a mildly deep tone! Under acceleration it is "off the CHARTS", particularly right @ 2000 rpm's and 4500 on up! Very exotic sounding, and definitely noticiable!

2nd: Fit & Finish are quite simply.........SUPERB!!! Everything bolted up in a snap and no "tweaking" was neccessary (this is another reason I went with Borla cause my GS400 w/ Borla was also a simple and perfect install). The BORLA literally makes the stock setup look like uhhhhhh, well, YOU KNOW!

3rd: The Look and feel of the exhaust (all components) is OUTSTANDING! The polished tips are slightly larger in diameter to stock and more circular as oppossed to the deep 'wedge-cut' of stock. The system is "Considerably Lighter" than stock, as I held them both in my hands. Didn't think to weigh em' guys I was too friggin EXTATIC to just get the ****'s on!!!

4th: No sound-bytes as of yet guys. I was fielding tons of questions and inquires from customers and the mechanics alike. I almost forgot to take pics of the install due to the "non-stop" questions.

I do plan to run a DYNO as early as this weekend and film the footage along with sound!
I'm happy I held out for what has been my personal experience to be The Best in exhaust sytems available!

And the BIG question everyone is wondering...........How does it feel?
I will say that IMO it feels marginally quicker. I'm not one to over-exagerate and fudge, so maybe it's just me. The shop and I both agree that after a few miles and break-in, things should get interesting!

Overall: Totally Satisfied. Glad I Waited. Worth EVERY Nickel.

Until I (or someone beats me to it) dyno and get some video & sound, here are the pics I promised........Enjoy!

Old 05-27-2003, 03:36 PM
aggie300zx

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeetttt!!!!

Man that Borla muffler is tiny in comparison to the stock one. Great pics! Where you going to dyno at? Speedworks? I bet you would have a few Dallas folks interested in observing if you didn't mind the company...myself included.

Glad to hear the install was a snap.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:37 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

*NOTE*
You may notice some out of place clamps, non-perfect lineups, etc. Most of the pics I took under the car were just prior to the "tweaking and final adjustments" FYI.
But believe me when I say........EVERYTHING LINED UP PERFECTLY!
Old 05-27-2003, 03:43 PM
mwaller

How is the cabin noise when cruising on the highway? Is it much louder than stock? Any "droning?"
-Mika
Old 05-27-2003, 03:53 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by mwaller
How is the cabin noise when cruising on the highway? Is it much louder than stock? Any "droning?"
-Mika
Not obtrusive, BUT louder than stock!
Droning is noticiable where you would expect: down low under 2k rpms and up @ 4800 rpms but not to the point of.......WTF!?
Old 05-27-2003, 04:01 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by LonghornE46M3
TXSTYLE,

I am the M3 guy who agreed to run a couple of friendly runs with you......

I'm back from vacation and ready for a whenever you want...... I am here in Dallas and if you PM me, I'll give you my email address for a meet. Thursday I will be gone but Friday I am meeting one of my buddies from LS1.com for lunch at Bone Daddy's. He has a tricked out C5 that is pretty nice.

If you want we could meet there....or I am here tomorrow....

Sean
Sean,

I have NOT forgotten about your offer, and I'll be more than happy to give you a run! I too have just returned from out of town (The "Mud Bug" in Shreveport, LA for a little Cajun Cookin and Gamblin action!)
Weather and family permitting, I plan to meet up with you this weekend. I'll PM you and we can exchange numbers and such.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:05 PM
slay2k

SHIP THEM dyno and sound clips!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:05 PM
cbsuper

Sweet, I'm convinced. I'm taking off the Stillen pipe and getting a Borla.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:07 PM
ricastm8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it be possible to retofit the difuser on the stock muffler to the borla, I've read it aids in wind managing.

TXSTYLE it looks sweeeet hope it sounds so too.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:08 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by aggie300zx
Where you going to dyno at? Speedworks? I bet you would have a few Dallas folks interested in observing if you didn't mind the company...myself included.
What he said.

Looks awesome, Marcus. Can't wait to hear it in person!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:13 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

I was debating going over to my boys in Garland and having it done. This Speedworks, tell me more about them: cost, location, good time to go, etc.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:35 PM
webcarconnection

Very nice!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:15 PM
aggie300zx

http://www.txspeedworks.com/

This is where the Z Club of Texas had their dyno day. It's out in Lewisville and is $60 for 3 pulls.

The Shop Hours are:
9-6 M-F
10-3 Sat

It looks like they have a SHO Club day there on the Saturday, but no telling if they are going to have the dyno the whole day.

Myself and several other members on the board have dyno'd there. I've only dyno'd a car once and it was there, so my knowledge on this stuff is limited but I was pleased with them.

Keep us in the loop whatever you end up doing! I'm off Friday so I could join up if you do it during the day..hint hint.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:18 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Okay. I'll definitely post up a day or 2 before I go.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:27 PM
Ricky
Banned

Not sure if you said this, so sorry if you did answer this, but how's your "butt dyno"? If you had to guess, how much power would you guess it added? Second: where did you buy it, I want to order
Old 05-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Alright this may sound like a real dumb question, but is it possible to eliminate that little gap between the muffler and the actual pipe? You can see the gap clearly in pic#6.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:44 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by Ricky
Not sure if you said this, so sorry if you did answer this, but how's your "butt dyno"? If you had to guess, how much power would you guess it added? Second: where did you buy it, I want to order
I'd say some but seat of the pants calculations are waaaay subjective. Especially at this point so early on. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks and let you know what the dyno says.
Mine came from Borla directly thru my Lexus dealer (one of those 1-time 'hook-ups').
Old 05-27-2003, 06:48 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by x350Zx
Alright this may sound like a real dumb question, but is it possible to eliminate that little gap between the muffler and the actual pipe? You can see the gap clearly in pic#6.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh?
I'm not sure waht you mean. But as I stated above, the pics while the car was raised were all PRIOR to "final adjustments! The exahust will appear totally stock to the untrained eye.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:56 PM
little_rod

Will you be getting the headers??? Do you think you need them?? This is what I am unsure of.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:59 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by little_rod
Will you be getting the headers??? Do you think you need them?? This is what I am unsure of.
The jury is still out on the headers. My understanding is that when they are combined the #'s are not on par as when the items are seperate.

Quick Reply: Special Delivery.................BORLA!!!