Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Special Delivery.................BORLA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 12:02 PM
slay2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

COME ON STYLE, APPEASE THE CROWDS.

Go get that bloody sound clip and dyno!@#! I'll chip in for it, even.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default We carry Borla

We have a bunch of Borla systems coming.

Call as they are not on our store site yet.

Regards
Old 05-29-2003, 01:12 PM
xZlr8

Default Re: $10 says...

Originally posted by Silver Bullit II
Borla outperforms Injen. Like TXSTYLE said, BORLA does exhausts.
JMS in TX
No way. That restrictive muffler on the borla is gonna cut down on hp as compared to the injen. My Injen shipped today, i'll be posting dynos and sound clips as soon as i can get it on!
Old 05-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default We have Injen in stock as well

We have Injen in stock as well.

We will also be doing our own tests of all the major systems soon.

Regards
Old 05-29-2003, 01:56 PM
NittoZ
Charter Member #65

IMHO, when it comes down to it, the gains are gonna be very close. Even if Injen puts down 2-3 more hp, my money is on Borla. The Injen tips are ugly, and it sounds like the entire exhaust is made of tin. Just my $.02 though.

NittoZ
Old 05-29-2003, 03:29 PM
TheBigShow

out of the 2, i'd get the borla. the injen just looks too ghetto. the only concern i have is the borla muffler. is it dual-chambered or what?
Old 05-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

it's actually pretty easy.. if you like single muffler with dual tips, get the borla. if you like dual muffler with dual tips, get the Injen.. see, there's something for everyone!

for me, I'll stick with my stock for now, no point of upgrading now if the exhaust piping is little small for turbo apps.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:42 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by TheBigShow
out of the 2, i'd get the borla. the injen just looks too ghetto. the only concern i have is the borla muffler. is it dual-chambered or what?
All I know is that their final decision/product was designed like this for a reason...........OPTIMAL GAIN!!! As I stated above, there's more to exhaust than "2 pipes extending off the headers!"
Old 05-30-2003, 05:40 AM
mpol99

Default no

Originally posted by xZlr8
No way. That restrictive muffler on the borla is gonna cut down on hp as compared to the injen. My Injen shipped today, i'll be posting dynos and sound clips as soon as i can get it on!
LOL

Here we go again, bigger mufflers or tips DO NOT equal more HP. Maybe Borla has just a tad bit less backpressure to provide a better gain. We don't know.

Until you see a bunch of dynos, you can't claim just because injen LOOKS less restrictive it makes more power than the Borla. Too little back pressure isn't good either. My opinion.

& yeah, please do post pics, sound clips, dynos, etc

ms
Old 05-30-2003, 08:38 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: no

Originally posted by mpol99
LOL

Here we go again, bigger mufflers or tips DO NOT equal more HP. Maybe Borla has just a tad bit less backpressure to provide a better gain. We don't know.

Until you see a bunch of dynos, you can't claim just because injen LOOKS less restrictive it makes more power than the Borla. Too little back pressure isn't good either. My opinion.

& yeah, please do post pics, sound clips, dynos, etc

ms
EXACTAMUNDO!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 08:54 AM
importriders

Default GROUP BUY ON THIS EXHAUST

Everyone who is interested in buying this exact same exhaust listen up. The socal people are doing a group buy for this exhaust. The price is $630. THATS RIGHT $630!!!!!!!!!!! This is for part #140045, the true dual exhaust....not the single exhaust. Here is the link for more details. There is a deadline for this group buy so call the shop now. They can ship it out to wherever you are. THE DEADLINE TO GET ON THIS GROUP BUY IS TODAY!!!!!!!!

Here is the link for more info:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=31080

Last edited by importriders; 05-30-2003 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:30 AM
virus_78046

i'll be the first to admit that Borla obviously put the singular muffler for a reason. but what if you installed customed pipes that will take the exaust straight through without the cross? it'd be very LOUD but hell, if any restriction does exist with that muffler, it would give the exhaust a much smoother exit.

besides, some people just like it VERY LOUD!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:50 AM
david borla

Default Re: Re: $10 says...

Originally posted by xZlr8
I think some clarification is necessary here. The rear muffler in Borla's #140045 350Z dual exhaust system is a transverse flow muffler maintaining the true dual characteristics. It's a really cool muffler. The drivers side exits on the passenger side and vice versa. Like all of our mufflers, it is non-restrictive, free flowing and has been designed to provide the maximum flow for this particular application. By using this design we were able to save 20 pounds and maintain the true dual exhaust characteristics. There is no restriction anywhere in the system. For example, if you placed one ping pong ball inside the pipes on each side (just behind the cat) they will each blow out of the rear without ever touching eachother. The ball from the drivers side will exit on the passenger side and vice versa. It's a great design, we're really happy with it.

I wouldn't suggest putting ping pong ***** in your exhaust though. That was just for clarification.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:55 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Thanks thanks thanks!!! I asked about it back on page #1, waited for an answer. The unit looks like a single muffler, but it is true dual inside!

Extremely cool!!!

And affordable!!!

Thumbs way up for Borla.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:10 AM
hfm

Default Re: GROUP BUY ON THIS EXHAUST

Originally posted by importriders
The price is...

Here is the link for more info:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=31080 [/B]
Please contact LaBree MotorSports for pricing. 818.704.7950.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:46 PM
trash259

Default Re: Re: Re: $10 says...

Originally posted by david borla
I think some clarification is necessary here. The rear muffler in Borla's #140045 350Z dual exhaust system is a transverse flow muffler maintaining the true dual characteristics. It's a really cool muffler. The drivers side exits on the passenger side and vice versa. Like all of our mufflers, it is non-restrictive, free flowing and has been designed to provide the maximum flow for this particular application. By using this design we were able to save 20 pounds and maintain the true dual exhaust characteristics. There is no restriction anywhere in the system. For example, if you placed one ping pong ball inside the pipes on each side (just behind the cat) they will each blow out of the rear without ever touching eachother. The ball from the drivers side will exit on the passenger side and vice versa. It's a great design, we're really happy with it.

I wouldn't suggest putting ping pong ***** in your exhaust though. That was just for clarification.
no way...now we have david borla in this board...kool.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:26 PM
lotus

Exhaust looks great. I like the tips alot. I cant wait to see if it really lays down 20hp.....
Old 05-30-2003, 08:36 PM
jplvr

Default Re: Re: GROUP BUY ON THIS EXHAUST

Originally posted by hfm
Please contact LaBree MotorSports for pricing. 818.704.7950.
Had the cell out ready to call the number and thought it would be a good idea to open the credit card statement... wtf did I spend a grand on last month? In all honesty, this was the sequence of events: get home (around 4 p.m. CST), check mess. boards, grab cell, look at CC envelope, open it, realize I spent too much money on useless crap, cuss alot, grab beer.

Oh well, need to get on the ball and sell my Honda. I want this exhaust bad!
Old 05-30-2003, 11:22 PM
DrCold

Yeah, i think im just going to bite the bullet and do it. I need this exhaust. I know i should wait for sound clips, but damn, that group buy is a pretty good deal. I'm glad it was extended till the 15th of June. That gives me a bit more time to beg for money.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

did Marcus get a chance to dyno his car with new exhaust yesterday? Just anxiously waiting for the numbers....

Quick Reply: Special Delivery.................BORLA!!!