Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Adrians07Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im still curious why the tranny blew

overheated?

low fluid?

abuse?

I installed my transgo vb upgrade (gtm / forged are the same) and I love it .. did the write up in the DIY section

I dont think gtm could of screwed anything up and it show up 15,000 miles later unless the fluid was low after install or there was a very slow leak in the pan gasket

also interesting why A.H hasn't chimed in for any updates or info

Last edited by Adrians07Z; 11-28-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:24 PM
A.H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey sorry I haven't updated guys. I have been real busy but here is just a quick update on the car and I'll address my opinion on the individual posts later.

Good news: Car is finally up and running again. Performance Nissan took care of my car beautifully after Valencia turned me down for warrenty work, although after all this was finally done i have a couple scratches on the car but it's been to 3 different shops and all the towing I have no idea who scratched it up but i'm not worried about that. Got a brand new tranny and now it's running nicely. No issue's up to date now. I'm taking it easy on the tranny for the next 2k or so to break it in but I drive from LA to SD a lot so I don't think that'll take too much time.

That's the update for now, take care

-Arsh
Old 11-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Adrians07Z

well atleast you got a new tranny for free

thats good to hear since the warranty was my only concern when I installed the vb kit
Old 11-29-2009, 03:46 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by Adrians07Z
well atleast you got a new tranny for free

thats good to hear since the warranty was my only concern when I installed the vb kit
Yea it's good news forsure, I got my warranty work for my transmission rejected from Valencia because I had headers and test pipes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Adrians07Z

Originally Posted by A.H
Yea it's good news forsure, I got my warranty work for my transmission rejected from Valencia because I had headers and test pipes
haha .. that makes no sense at all

"sir you have headers therefore your tranny was strained by the massive increase in horse power"
Old 11-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not really feeling the GTM response to this thread. AH was not being accusatory in my eyes and we were still waiting on all the facts.

Considering how strong and responsive my AT is, no way would I risk it after the response given.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 PM
dirtbikr

I wish my tranny was like some of yours, mine is fine when cold, but once it warms up it shifts 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 beautifully, but during third gear under light acceleration (right at like 21 MPH) it will do something (feels like torque converter locking, can't be though), drop two hundred RPMS, then get to 25 MPH, (3rd to 4th shift point) shift, and be fine the rest of the time. Only does this under light acceleration, perfect under hard use, but it's my daily driver and all it usually sees is light use. Did you have any signs like this A.H? It's super perplexing and only happened after i cleaned my MAF sensors and installed my exhaust... (MAF sensors are fine though, they both read within (+)(-) .03 volts of each other and are spot on with the FSM).
Old 01-14-2010, 02:53 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by waizzz
I'm not really feeling the GTM response to this thread. AH was not being accusatory in my eyes and we were still waiting on all the facts.

Considering how strong and responsive my AT is, no way would I risk it after the response given.
Agreed
Originally Posted by dirtbikr
I wish my tranny was like some of yours, mine is fine when cold, but once it warms up it shifts 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 beautifully, but during third gear under light acceleration (right at like 21 MPH) it will do something (feels like torque converter locking, can't be though), drop two hundred RPMS, then get to 25 MPH, (3rd to 4th shift point) shift, and be fine the rest of the time. Only does this under light acceleration, perfect under hard use, but it's my daily driver and all it usually sees is light use. Did you have any signs like this A.H? It's super perplexing and only happened after i cleaned my MAF sensors and installed my exhaust... (MAF sensors are fine though, they both read within (+)(-) .03 volts of each other and are spot on with the FSM).
Hmmm i'm not 100% sure if we are thinking about the same thing but if we are I believe my transmission always did that from the first day I got the car(the 3-4 shift would just drop and not be as smooth as 1-2 or 2-3)