Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 01:46 PM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Reality

Originally Posted by Phenom
This is your best option.
So,this guy actually has the TITLE in his hand to do said trade?
I'm guessing not.Sound like this remedy(I thought of it too)is out
of a flick.Somehow I'm picturing Jim Carrey playing this guy.
From his earlier post with a pic,the 05 Z has some low miles.
Be hard to find one like that.The guys in UCLA and ready to be
shipped out and is a swimming coach.Maybe a black belt too?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM
garofalory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCITY
So,this guy actually has the TITLE in his hand to do said trade?
I'm guessing not.Sound like this remedy(I thought of it too)is out
of a flick.Somehow I'm picturing Jim Carrey playing this guy.
From his earlier post with a pic,the 05 Z has some low miles.
Be hard to find one like that.The guys in UCLA and ready to be
shipped out and is a swimming coach.Maybe a black belt too?
Damn you know my belt too? Damn you guys are smart. Good job bro!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:15 PM
garofalory

Originally Posted by stuartc323
So this gives you the right to talk down to people because you went into the military? sit the fuuck down somewhere and gain some humility you assshole, you didnt get drafted, so you sound stupid.

Secondly, you are an ungrateful shiit to be tripping about AT over MT, your parents or grandparents got you a Z for FREE. How about you learn to drive because you sound like an 18 year old, worried about a transmission, you should be worrying about how to drive it, if i learned anything from silva owners they are all "drift yo!" and all under the age of 21 so they cant afford parts, nor can they drive worth a dog shiit.

Your best option:

Learn to drive.
Learn to drive car.
Learn to drive car on the track.
buy parts than.

If you need to change ur tranny afterwards because it hinders your ability than cool, otherwise if your DDing STFU and be grateful. Besides you live in LA, that AT will come in handy when the 105, 110, 405, 91, 60, 210, and 10 all become parking lots at 330 pm

What does drafted have to do with anything? Ho... nevermind. Look, you obviously like to troll and **** on people. Great job and thanks for the attempt to help. I know how to drive a car which is why I want manual. For people who know how to drive a car, when you hit the hills AT sucks. Therefore a swap is needed. Maybe keep trolling this thread, I got help from one respectable person. Humor me.

I can't sell it and get another silver one because of the mileage.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Markhimself876

I understand what you're trying to get across to these guys...but just stick with the AT dude..you paid zilch just be happy with it. And trying to justify why you need MT to these guys...is just fighting a losing battle
Old 06-27-2013, 01:57 AM
JCITY
Banned

Question Jalopnik.com

Originally Posted by garofalory
Damn you know my belt too? Damn you guys are smart. Good job bro!
Are you possibly the guy in the "road rage" video that went viral on
Jalopnik?Its a guy in CA...
Old 06-27-2013, 06:11 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
So this gives you the right to talk down to people because you went into the military? sit the fuuck down somewhere and gain some humility you assshole, you didnt get drafted, so you sound stupid.

Secondly, you are an ungrateful shiit to be tripping about AT over MT, your parents or grandparents got you a Z for FREE. How about you learn to drive because you sound like an 18 year old, worried about a transmission, you should be worrying about how to drive it, if i learned anything from silva owners they are all "drift yo!" and all under the age of 21 so they cant afford parts, nor can they drive worth a dog shiit.

Your best option:

Learn to drive.
Learn to drive car.
Learn to drive car on the track.
buy parts than.

If you need to change ur tranny afterwards because it hinders your ability than cool, otherwise if your DDing STFU and be grateful. Besides you live in LA, that AT will come in handy when the 105, 110, 405, 91, 60, 210, and 10 all become parking lots at 330 pm
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 AM
marsboy999

I am in the middle of doing this, I bought a wrecked Z awhile back, it was auto. But I have to have a manual. Since this is a project car and I have a mechanic friend who helps free of charge, I decided to do it.

But that being said, if this car is your daily driver OR you are paying someone to do it, it is probably not going to be worth your while. There are just so many little things that take awhile, it ends up taking a lot longer then you think and need so many parts.

My advice if you MUST do it; find a wrecked Z that you can use as a guide and for any parts you will need as you do the swap, and find a buddy that will work for cheap

I will post up a thread soon with my build, in the meantime good luck to you, and let us know what you end up doing!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:50 AM
XChacalX

Having done the swap myself 370z 7at down to with an Hr head swap with the 6mt .. that was a very big project and was quite challenging with the wiring problem. But staying with the same platform but only changing the tranny wont be that hard of a task if you know how using your hand and Head !!!...

Someone posted a post on the same topic which I urge you to read over and over . Make sure you have EVERYTHING on hand to make it faster and not losing too much time with a car that isnt drivable.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by garofalory
What does drafted have to do with anything? Ho... nevermind. Look, you obviously like to troll and **** on people. Great job and thanks for the attempt to help. I know how to drive a car which is why I want manual. For people who know how to drive a car, when you hit the hills AT sucks. Therefore a swap is needed. Maybe keep trolling this thread, I got help from one respectable person. Humor me.

I can't sell it and get another silver one because of the mileage.
What i meant by being drafted was that no one forced you into the military, it was a choice. A very honorable one yes, but not one to throw against people like someone made you go fight for our freedom. I still do want to say at least that I want to thank you for your service.

My post has nothing to do with a troll, your just a jackass. I know how to drive a car too, thats why the tranny doesnt matter to me. I just think its highly ungrateful that you think you need a manual even though you got the car for nothing and your grandmothers face should have given you enough pride to leave the car as is OR You can literally just wait until your AT goes out and than do the swap its about the same as getting the AT replaced. And for someone who knows how to drive cars, you shouldnt have no problems going up hills, I have never had this issue. Even on the track. To be very honest from your posts, it just sounds like you want a manual for rice points with the homies.

Last edited by stuartc323; 06-27-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:51 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by marsboy999
I am in the middle of doing this, I bought a wrecked Z awhile back, it was auto. But I have to have a manual. Since this is a project car and I have a mechanic friend who helps free of charge, I decided to do it.

But that being said, if this car is your daily driver OR you are paying someone to do it, it is probably not going to be worth your while. There are just so many little things that take awhile, it ends up taking a lot longer then you think and need so many parts.

My advice if you MUST do it; find a wrecked Z that you can use as a guide and for any parts you will need as you do the swap, and find a buddy that will work for cheap

I will post up a thread soon with my build, in the meantime good luck to you, and let us know what you end up doing!

I dont understand. The AT and the MT have the same mounting points on the engine and can even use the same ECU and TCU settings. What are the little things your having problems with? (just for refrence purposes just in case people check this thread)
Old 07-02-2013, 08:08 AM
limesmj

Just for the record I know plenty of guys who drive " the hills" just fine in a AT in that area I was stationed at Pendleton.

As for the military comment if you are an E4 and just shipping out there is an issue there. I was a "31" and had 2 deployments "04-05 Fallujah" and "05-06 steel curtain and iron hammer" as an e-2 then meritoriously promoted e-3 and finally e-4 when I got a break to go on a MEU for my 3rd deployment in less than 4 years. Stop being an immature BOOT and dry that water behind your ears kid and don't ever again use the sacrifices I and my fellow brothers have made to try and better your position in an online argument because its 2013 and there is hardly any real **** going on and I promise you have not seen ****.

If you were really concerned with the preservation of the vehicle in an effort to keep your grandma happy ( aka the bank you financed the AT through ) then you would not molest it in an effort to eventually smash it because like everyone else knows its not if but when.

Utilize he search button and google because it is your friend unlike me.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:18 AM
04.350z

I'll sell you my 6 speed ls6 silver z plus 18k on your end so your grandma will be happy and you can still be an ungrateful piece of slime that thinks being in the military means the rest of us owe you something that being said thanks for serving the country have fun. In Africa a or whatever third world. Country you get sent to
Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow. Ok. The swap is crazy easy. You idiots complaining about this really need to shutup. It's straightforward and easy to do. Ecu reflash, jump one wire, put in your oem tranny mount backwards on the 6 speed, get a 6 speed driveshaft.
Tranny 400$
Reflash 300$
Driveshaft 100$
Clutch pedal\master\slave 75$
Stainlees\hardlines >100$
Clutch flywheel $500ish depending

If you can diy, totally affordable. If not...
The following users liked this post:
Atreyu'z 350 (11-20-2017)
Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,296 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Wow. Ok. The swap is crazy easy. You idiots complaining about this really need to shutup. It's straightforward and easy to do. Ecu reflash, jump one wire, put in your oem tranny mount backwards on the 6 speed, get a 6 speed driveshaft.
Tranny 400$
Reflash 300$
Driveshaft 100$
Clutch pedal\master\slave 75$
Stainlees\hardlines >100$
Clutch flywheel $500ish depending

If you can diy, totally affordable. If not...
Just get the parts together on the above list, if you have the ability then DIY , if not contact Corner 3 Garage in your area and they can easily do it. Talk to Mike, let him know i sent you.