Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

OEM LSD should I?

Old 07-26-2013, 02:38 AM
sonnydayZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After doing some more research looks like os giken is where im wanting to go but since its so spendy its gonna take a while for me to get there. I do want to take the car out to a drift track that we have up here pats acres and a requirement they have is either a welded diff or lsd would you guys say that oem would be "ok" to get me started? Basically its my DD but i love being in the car too much to just let it sit i bought it to drive both on and off the track
Old 07-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Junkster

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sonnydayZ
After doing some more research looks like os giken is where im wanting to go but since its so spendy its gonna take a while for me to get there. I do want to take the car out to a drift track that we have up here pats acres and a requirement they have is either a welded diff or lsd would you guys say that oem would be "ok" to get me started? Basically its my DD but i love being in the car too much to just let it sit i bought it to drive both on and off the track
There are a few guys on here that drift with the stock VLSD, the only problem is after repeated abuse they dont "lock" up anymore and basically work like an open dif. I have taken mine out for a few drifting events, and beat it up pretty good, it still locks....But keep in mind they dont really last that long, but i think for what you are looking for it will definately hold you over while you save up for your OSG, thats a great dif for the extra buck!