Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Desperate. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 12:08 AM
Brigette350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperate. Please help!

I know NOTHING about cars but am learning as each thing goes wrong ..This is huge. My ex boyfriend has been stalking me ..breaking intonmy home and now i found that he stole my spare keys to my 2005 Nissan 350Z. He is trying to destroy me little by little. The spare keys will not allow the car to drive bevause as soon as i found them missing i had a locksnith rekey my ignition . I got in my car an hour ago and it was dead. Beyond dead and i knew it wasnt the battery. So i figured since the spare keys still unlock the doors he probably disable something or unhooked the battery .
No .He removed the entire hiden fuse boc. The one behind the battery. He removed all my registration paperwork battery cables spare tire everything easily grabbable .i.ilIm not rich and he is breaking me down more every day .d.does anyone know what this fuse box is called and where i can buy a new one quickly. I cannot afford much .He jas been slashing my tires weekly .p.police do nothing. He is never caught .Im just going to fix my car and leave my home .
Old 12-29-2018, 03:09 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

First, take pictures of the damage on your vehicle, everything he has done to it soo far, and make a police report, get a restraining order immediately.

Im sorry for your situation. Sounds scary to say the least. I cannot offer legal advice from what i stated above. If you have a chance to upload pics on the damage im sure we can help you further on what you need.
The following users liked this post:
BigBlue (12-29-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 06:55 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Welcome, but very sorry to hear about your troubles. This goes way beyond a typical car question and into the realm of malicious vehicle damage. As BluestreamDE has said, try to get your legal situation in order FIRST. Then, if possible, post up some clear pictures of the damage, but if your ex has ripped the IPDM (that fusebox is called the Intelligent power distribution module) from your Z, you're not going to be able to get a cheap or easy replacement done easily.

Does your car insurance include comprehensive coverage? If so, consider filing a claim and letting the insurance cover all the repairs.
BigBlue (12-29-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 09:51 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

He sounds like a winner
Old 12-29-2018, 10:55 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

This us clearly not just about cars, this is overt and highly illegal behavior that needs to stop!

If you cannot afford an attorney to protect you through legal mandates (restraining order or other enforceable actions), seek out a group who support women (and men, actually) that are being abused. Physically, mentally, or a combination, abuse is not welcome in this society and should never be tolerated.

I will not say what I really think of people who do this, but let’s just say it’s out if my usual, “even keel” demeanor.
The following 2 users liked this post by MicVelo:
BigBlue (12-29-2018), dkmura (12-29-2018)
Old 12-30-2018, 12:14 PM
Brigette350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for all of your support

I cancelled my comp and collision on tjis car 3 days before it happened because my insurance rates skyrocketed when i moved from PA to CA. I had 100 dollar decuctible. It makes me cry.
i am nust beginning to realize that i am and was and avused wiman. I wasnt beaten but i was constantly told that i did not see him kisding another girl or why am i so curipus and jealous etc .Im crazy .He was telling woman i was a craxy ex girlfriend while we were planning pur wrdding. So i had just moved to California to be with him and his parents and friends disliked me. I didnt realize the lies he was telling behind my back. To my fave he seemed kind gentle and in love .I cannot wrap my head around the fact that the very person who pretended to love me is the same person who wants me dead now. I just cannot fathom it .
i have contacted the police time and time again ..I didnt catch him innthe act so why am i accusing the poor guy ..well i .Dont know anybody in Cakifornia. I live in a gated community where you must use a password to enter AND EXIT my building . No one knows that code but him. No one had a spare set of keys but him ..But to the police thats just not proof enough and God forbid they investigate the camers footage.
so im moving yhis weekend ..but Im completely broke and am taking a loan against my deceased sisters jewelry which breaks my hesrt. I must get away from him .
Does anybody think that if u part out my car i can make enough money to buy another car? I dont have money to *** it and every part of the engibe almost is brand new ..everything. My rims alone cost 2500. So if i just advrrtised in Craigslist? Do yoi think I can part it out or they can cone pick parts?
Old 12-30-2018, 04:00 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

This is a heartbreaking story, but taking the insurance off your Z was a terrible mistake. You stated you don't know much about cars, so let's start there. Cars are complex machines that are not easily parted out, so don't expect to get much money by putting a non-running Z up for sale, or trying to part it out. Your best move may be to put it on a flatbed trailer and take it with you to wherever you're moving. Then you can get it fixed over time and restore it to running condition.

Trending Topics

Old 01-01-2019, 03:53 AM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

You should have your keyboard repaired before anything else.
iideadeyeii (01-02-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Bernardo Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike100
my friend honestly if you don’t have anything helpful or smart to say don’t say anything at all. Almost every thread has that one guy.. this is a serious issue for this person and we are all trying to help
Old 01-01-2019, 02:09 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Bernardo Z33

my friend honestly if you don’t have anything helpful or smart to say don’t say anything at all. Almost every thread has that one guy.. this is a serious issue for this person and we are all trying to help
says the person with nothing to contribute
Spike100 (01-03-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Bernardo Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
says the person with nothing to contribute
I could litteraly say the same thing about you. You’ve contributed to nothing at all either. I was just reading. Like I said if you can’t say anything nice or don’t know how to help just don’t say nothing at all
Old 01-01-2019, 03:52 PM
travlee
Master

I am not acting like I am holier than thou.....I am an *******, I don't try to hide it

she picked a winner, now she is dealing with the psycho. While its unfortunate, it's not my problem
The following 3 users liked this post by travlee:
Cux350z (01-02-2019), iideadeyeii (01-02-2019), Spike100 (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 01:14 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Post picture, were wires cut or things just unplugged? The car needs to be parked in front of a security camera to get footage.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

buy a gun...shoot him in the dick.

didnt take long for a white knight to show up
The following 2 users liked this post by Cux350z:
Spike100 (01-03-2019), stascom (01-03-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Spike100

You are going to feel a little silly when you finally figure this out.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Spike100

Default Sir Lancelot saves Guinevere, or… maybe saves a Troll?

Hi Bernardo. My last message directed at you was nebulous, and I owe you a better explanation. Here are some additional thoughts.
My first post on this thread:
Your reply to my first post on this thread:
Your good intentions, although genuine and noble, might be misguided. Unfortunately, there are people who think it is clever to deceive; they gain enjoyment watching people concerned for others fall victim to their foolish joke. I have no time for this misdirected humor.

How to identify a Troll:
  • The OP has a very recent “Join Date” (compared to their first post, which is near or the same date). Their (the OP’s) total number of posts will match how many times they posted to the Thread they started.
  • The post(s) is “sensational” and contains details that could be construed as ridiculous and “over the top.”
  • The postings have many grammatical errors and typos. This is “bait” meant to entrap current Forum Members, hoping they reply with corrections (which provides endless entertainment for the Troll).
  • The Original Poster does not directly answer replies from Forum Members, but instead posts more messages related only to their original post.
  • The Original Poster abandons the thread they started as soon as they realize they have been detected.
Additional evidence (specific to this thread):
The OP spells “her” name as "Brigette." That spelling is unusual. The spelling is typically either “Brigitte” or “Bridgette.”
“Brigette” is most likely a guy, and he is having a laugh on us. He won’t return to this thread, and he will abandon the bogus account he set up recently.

--Spike
Old 01-08-2019, 05:33 AM
Cracka350

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Well now I'm curious...
Old 01-08-2019, 06:01 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

How to identify a Troll:
Jokes on OP, I only go on this website at work. No personal time wasted, haha.
Also, TLDR OP's posts
Spike100 (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Jokes on OP, I only go on this website at work. No personal time wasted, haha.
Also, TLDR OP's posts
Yup. He (the OP) was revealed early in the thread, and he ran for cover. No one wasted too much time on this one. The Bad Guy lost here.