Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

If you bought a 1st gen rogue short shifter...beware!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:38 PM
infidsg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It shouldnt be about turnaround time.. It should be my shifter broke ok ill call EVO. Then EVO goes ohh **** im sorry ill send one out to you ASAP or as soon as I get my hands on one! Then he gets a new shifter from EVO installs it. Then sends the bad one back to EVO.. DONE DEAL!!! If you are going to sell parts you have to have stock! If he didnt have any at the time his broke then EVO could say send it back to Rouge direct since I dont have any. And explain that it might be faster to it this way since EVO had to send his stock back to Rouge.. There is a gray line as I think about it more. But then again the customer is ALWAYS right.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:43 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

What a mountain out of a mole hill ! Cliche, but true.

KJY9... There is a new invention called the telephone. If you had a problem -- why didn't you just call and get it straightened immediately instead of waiting over 2 months ?

Daking... For somebody who officially said "sayonara" to this site about a month ago ... you sure like to post and pour gasoline on a tiny fire.

BJ is a very reputable dealer with a wealth of information that he has contributed to this site. Also, his responses have been laser-fast.

my 2 yen...
Old 02-29-2004, 07:47 PM
stopgo

It shouldnt be about turnaround time.. It should be my shifter broke ok ill call EVO. Then EVO goes ohh **** im sorry ill send one out to you ASAP or as soon as I get my hands on one! Then he gets a new shifter from EVO installs it. Then sends the bad one back to EVO.. DONE DEAL!!! If you are going to sell parts you have to have stock! If he didnt have any at the time his broke then EVO could say send it back to Rouge direct since I dont have any. And explain that it might be faster to it this way since EVO had to send his stock back to Rouge..

'Zactly! EVO apparently didn't have any stock at the time because Rogue had to issue an in-kind replacement of all units manufactured prior to the fix. So it appears that BJ thought he was handling this in a way most ammenable to his customer's needs; i.e. he could circumvent some of the turnaround time by getting the factory to handle the replacement directly. Had his customer made any mention that he wanted *only* to deal with EVO, I doubt BJ would have balked to much. Instead, the customer waited two months before saying anything, and only then to complain that BJ's e.s.p. wasn't up to snuff.

Scott
Old 02-29-2004, 08:52 PM
rouxeny

This diuscussion has gone around and around. I don't think anybody on either side will be convinced that the other argument has any merit.

Good luck with your problem, I hope the two parties can work it out. Getting a replacement shifter is not rocket science. I'm sure some solution can be found.

Thread closed secondary to continuous circuitous arguing. For those of you who think BJ is a quality guy, please continue to buy from him. For those of you who don't, shop somewhere else. There are more than enough parts retailers to please everybody.