Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 05:31 AM
Vqdrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

All the o2 sensor are new as of 8 months ago, new plugs, new maf, cant find any vacuum leaks idk what to do next
Old 04-15-2024, 06:21 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Welcome and that's one long list of codes to figure out. The problem with many of these type of requests is there is NO other background information on this car. Posting the year, model and mileage of your Z should be mandatory. Some history (when purchased, prior issues, rebuilt title, engine swaps, flooding issues, etc.) will give us more clues to GUESS at what to do.

Also have to say that trying to guess from behind a keyboard is not even remotely as good as laying hands on a car and trying to diagnose it. I wish more of these requests would take that into consideration.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:42 AM
RENFRO

Received 106 Likes on 73 Posts

Yep. You have codes. Go try some googling and start trying to figure it out.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:43 AM
Vqdrew

Originally Posted by dkmura
Welcome and that's one long list of codes to figure out. The problem with many of these type of requests is there is NO other background information on this car. Posting the year, model and mileage of your Z should be mandatory. Some history (when purchased, prior issues, rebuilt title, engine swaps, flooding issues, etc.) will give us more clues to GUESS at what to do.

Also have to say that trying to guess from behind a keyboard is not even remotely as good as laying hands on a car and trying to diagnose it. I wish more of these requests would take that into consideration.

fair point, my first time posting ill add that in the future post as well as now, its a 2003 g35 coupe, bought it 4 years ago and did an engine swap 3 years ago that had 75k km now about 100k km, these codes popped up a month after my new knock sensor and harness install(most recent work done) i have since taken off the whole plenum and re torqued and used a second set of new gaskets, as well as the knock sensors are all new ish (8months) ntk sensors, havent had any other engine issues other than this in the past year. Any other info i can gladly provide just dont know what, more than likely will take ti the dealer and get them to scan it cuz mine is a pretty cheap scanner
Old 04-15-2024, 11:47 AM
Vqdrew

Originally Posted by RENFRO
Yep. You have codes. Go try some googling and start trying to figure it out.
yeah this was posted on google, and have tried all other suggestions on google. And have figured out all the other issues i had when i got the car, thanks tho bud, just so hard stuck atm

Last edited by Vqdrew; 04-15-2024 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-15-2024, 12:18 PM
Vqdrew

Originally Posted by dkmura

also they all popped up at the same time, car idles odd and hesitates but will run fine sometimes
Old 04-23-2024, 04:29 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Sorry to say, taking it to a dealer and paying the diagnostic fee is likely your best move. That's a lot of codes and trying to figure it out online is a no-hoper. Let us know what the outcome is.
Old 04-23-2024, 06:38 PM
icer5160

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts

Hi Vqdrew,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I found THIS post on a G35 forum. It looks like the early G35 knock sub-harnesses are prone to failure. Nissan/Infiniti even updated the design (post 06/03 production). The wire insulation is prone to failure and can cause a short.

Maybe you ran across this post since you already replaced the knock sub-harness and I'm guessing you went with the updated NTK knock sensor to match the updated harness. Did you have a knock code before replacing the sub-harness and sensor? You mentioned the current codes showed up a month after the knock replacement and about 8 months prior you replaced MAF, spark plugs, and O2 sensors. So, I'm curious what made you mess with the knock sensor, MAF, and O2 sensors in the 1st place? Generally speaking, you don't need to replace the O2 or MAF sensors unless there's a code present. At 100k km (about 62k mi) it's unusual for those components to fail under normal operating conditions.

Personally, I believe the issue starts with the knock sensor since that code is "stored" vs. "pending." The P0328 code indicates a faulty sensor. Have you checked the sensor with a multimeter? Is it within spec (532-588k ohms according to source in post linked above)? If so, then the next course of action would be to check the wire harness continuity & resistance back to the ECM. Perhaps there is damage or a short elsewhere in the harness.

I suspect the other codes are related to the knock sensor. If your knock sensor is faulty or not able to send a valid signal to the ECM, then the ECM will modify your timing and fuel trims, this can cause misfires and potentially upset expected values at your O2 sensors.

Lastly, did you purchase OEM O2 sensors? What about the knock and MAF sensors? These cars are very picky about electronic sensors, generic replacements from the local auto parts store typically cause more problems/confusion. Stick with OEM from reputable parts suppliers such as a genuine dealer, or 3rd party like Z1 or CZP. Do not purchase sensors from Amazon or Ebay, very often those listings are counterfeits (you know the saying...if the price is too good to be true....).

Cheers!
-Icer