Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RSR GTII or Tanabe Racing Medalion

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Flawless 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RSR GTII or Tanabe Racing Medalion

Quick Question about which exhaust i should go with, maybe u guys could help. I honestly do not believe age matters when coming into deciding which exhaust fits that person, but just for some FYI I am 20, an own a 2003 350Z Track (and by own i mean pay $350 a month plus ins for the Z for 3 more years to come).

I have been looking for exhaust for a long time, and i really like the way the RSR and Tanabe both look, i have personally heard the RSR Exmag GT II and i think it is a great exhaust, but i also hear a lot of good things about the Tanabe Racing Med for the Z and other cars, but i have never heard of the Company or what the exhaust sounds like. I dont like ricey exhausts, i really like deep, low and somewhat loud. I have looked into the Apexi N1 but it is a little to loud for my liking.

I think i am stuck between which of these i want to go with, so if anyone has any thoughts about the issue i could use some feedback, and if anyone has any sound clips of the tanabe and the rsr id love to hear them. Like i said i have a lot about the rsr, never heard the tanabe. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Ultimateone

Search for some clips of the Tanabe off of my car.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Guru

Greddy just released their SP2 for the car as well. Sounds awesome.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Mr B

I personally run the RSR GTII exhaust on my car and love it a lot. It's got a nice, low rumble and gets lots of attention cuz it's quite loud. In Japan, they dyno'ed it and said it made up to 15whp on the dyno. It's really nice.
Also, if you're looking for top of the line, I would suggest the new Top Secret dual exhaust. It's just beautiful. Full Ti. For pricing, just PM me or wait for the group buy I'm going to be throwing soon.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:54 PM
apharmdb

I too am running the RS-R and I absolutely love it. Never heard the Tanabe though. I can't imagine the Apex N1 being any louder than the RS-R (without silencers) though. Did the RS-R you heard have the silencers on? Not that big a deal since you have the option to use them or not, but the sound difference is huge. With the silencers volume is pretty close to stock except at WOT. Without the silencers and the exhaust turns into a completely different animal. Loud as hell but definitely lots of fun on the weekends
Old 03-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Flawless 350Z

I have clips with both, i have been gearing more towards the RSR myself, i like it a lot, i just was wondering because in the next two weeks hopefully i am going to get the cats, y pipe, and exhaust (income tax check) and i seen the tanabe and just wondered what it sounded like becuz it looked kind of nice, but im going to search on that new top secret one, maybe that will be of interest for me as well. Thanks for all the feedback though guys, i appreciate it.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:05 AM
ttsupra94

I have the RSR and I short video clip i made with the silencers in. i could probably send it to you. Pm me if u want
Old 03-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the Tanabe on my car for exactly 2 days - great quality ion terms of piping and welds, nice and lightweight, but looked absolutely horrible IMHO - looked like a muffler shop type job, not some befitting a car such as this (sounds snobbish, but I think you know what I mean!). Was also ridiculously loud both with and without the silencer in.

I switched to an Apexi Hybrid Megaphone (a JDM system but the Worldsport is almost the same thing), and am very happy.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:31 AM
iLLestJrz

I VOTE FOR RSR