Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 02:15 PM
MissKimmaaay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys these are really good suggestions... finally after 100 posts lol
Old 04-29-2005, 02:30 PM
350ZDreamer9

Where to start. I got sick of reading all those long argumentative posts lol.. but, I'm sort of split in two peices.. I agree with Mike a little, partly because Kim might not even HAVE her license yet. I think you (Kim) should have first gone through with learning about driving and all that, got your license, then drove a more.. toned down automobile, just for a little while at the least. But it's ok lol. I'm 18, and I just got my Z. Now, my dad is no where near wealthy, just well off. When I was 15, he bought me a 2001 Toyota Celica and that was awesome... at the time. It's a safe car and fun to drive. Eventually though, since I started getting more and more into cars and appreciating them, as well as learned how to drive well, I wanted something better. I went 3 years in the Celica without ANY accidents or incidents whatsoever. So, my dad bought me a Z (with an agreement from me that I would give him monthly payments towards the car). Which brings me to the other point, that I also agree with Kim. Kim.. you definitely seem SO mature for not even being 16 yet, so I give you props for that I think, as long as you're not a show off and don't think you are better than others because you have one of the hottest cars on the roads (in my book), and you know HOW to drive and the precautions to take, that you are as deserving as the rest of us proud Z owners. I just think you should drive the Z as is for a while, modding it up to make it faster (if that was your plan) should wait until you have a little driving experience under your belt. Visual mods: go for it!

I'm also a young girl with a Z, so I'm thinking we could make good friends. Lol.

By the way, be prepared to hear a lot of beeping, get a lot of stares, and have a lot of creepy truck drivers trying to get your attention while driving the Z, because that's what I get EVERY time I go out in my Fairlady. Haha.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:37 PM
MissKimmaaay

Originally Posted by 350ZDreamer9
Where to start. I got sick of reading all those long argumentative posts lol.. but, I'm sort of split in two peices.. I agree with Mike a little, partly because Kim might not even HAVE her license yet. I think you (Kim) should have first gone through with learning about driving and all that, got your license, then drove a more.. toned down automobile, just for a little while at the least. But it's ok lol. I'm 18, and I just got my Z. Now, my dad is no where near wealthy, just well off. When I was 15, he bought me a 2001 Toyota Celica and that was awesome... at the time. It's a safe car and fun to drive. Eventually though, since I started getting more and more into cars and appreciating them, as well as learned how to drive well, I wanted something better. I went 3 years in the Celica without ANY accidents or incidents whatsoever. So, my dad bought me a Z (with an agreement from me that I would give him monthly payments towards the car). Which brings me to the other point, that I also agree with Kim. Kim.. you definitely seem SO mature for not even being 16 yet, so I give you props for that I think, as long as you're not a show off and don't think you are better than others because you have one of the hottest cars on the roads (in my book), and you know HOW to drive and the precautions to take, that you are as deserving as the rest of us proud Z owners. I just think you should drive the Z as is for a while, modding it up to make it faster (if that was your plan) should wait until you have a little driving experience under your belt. Visual mods: go for it!

I'm also a young girl with a Z, so I'm thinking we could make good friends. Lol.

By the way, be prepared to hear a lot of beeping, get a lot of stares, and have a lot of creepy truck drivers trying to get your attention while driving the Z, because that's what I get EVERY time I go out in my Fairlady. Haha.
Yeah.. the arguement posts got pretty old... but you know... i couldn't just sit there and get beaten up on... yeah, I do agree... but i've been driving since I was 13... hehe yeah so illegal... Yeah... I'm going to save up money and look at all the options i get before I start modding it... No I don't think I'm better than everyone with the Z, i still see all the other people out there with their cars and I'm like woaaah that's a nice car... or... damn I'm really lucky... and I appreciated having the Z more and more every day...

yay finally a young girl out there! lol

haha gosh.. that's not going to be fun.... I hate it when that happens now, and I'm with my brother or dad or mom or someone... ehhh so embarrassing... hehe
Old 04-29-2005, 02:37 PM
B-Unit

ALtnick?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:40 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by m|2. B|2 ya|\|
ALtnick?
The IPs don't match.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:43 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by nitrouz

Sorry for the long read...but let's get back on topic now...

Kim, I'm still young...its ok..............oh that's not the topic?? sorry...hahaha

thats some nice e-pimpin there, but u need a lil more practice to achieve bryan status
Old 04-29-2005, 02:46 PM
B-Unit

Kimaaaaay or whatever ur name is. Tell ur dad 2 buy you a Greddy TT kit, its only 10 thousand which is so like nothing.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:23 PM
MissKimmaaay

Originally Posted by m|2. B|2 ya|\|
Kimaaaaay or whatever ur name is. Tell ur dad 2 buy you a Greddy TT kit, its only 10 thousand which is so like nothing.
I wish he could spend 10 grand on me now... my parents have money... but not 10 grand to spare after they just bought me a car... maybe in a year or so
Old 04-29-2005, 04:26 PM
MissKimmaaay

... and sarcasm isn't appreciated
Old 04-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Tackett

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

underdash neons look sexy in my opinion. Not hard to do, and cheap.

for about 20 bucks per tube, 4 bucks for a rocker switch, and about an hour of time.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by Tackett

for about 20 bucks per tube, 4 bucks for a rocker switch, and about an hour of time.
+1
Old 04-30-2005, 01:01 PM
MissKimmaaay

Originally Posted by Tackett

Not bad... What color do you think would look good?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I have blue which look awesome. Blue, white, purple look the best IMO. Green or yellow may look good too. But, since you're a girl you could do pink if you wanted, might kinda ruin it though. LOL
Old 05-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Landbarger

NO! No neons. Well, it goes back to our expensive car statements earlier. Maybe if you're looking to still "PIMP THE HELL OUT OF IT" then neons are the way to go for you, but if you're looking to take a $30k car and ADD to it's class, then I'd try a non-ricer path. Just my opinion, but you don't see neons on Vettes, Vipers, Porsches (you get the idea)...you see them on Neons, Integras and Eclipses.

I don't mean to try to insult the other opinions expresses here, but I think that Tein hood dampers ($118.95) would be a nice touch, as would a B&M short shifter ($169)w/ a Nismo shift ****($85). The other thing I would do if I were to go for cosmetics would be in the engine bay, I'm not a huge fan of matching engine bays, but some people have done excellent jobs with painted and CF engine covers ($idk). And what could be better than opening the hood and being part way to a kickass, shiny powerplant sitting under your hood? If you wanted to support the members at the same time, BlueBatMobile's overlays (smoked films to cover your tail lights/sidemarkers) are popular here. And of course I'd never dis a Z with a big 350EVO.COM decal ($4.95) or windsheild banner ($29.95)...

Last edited by Landbarger; 05-01-2005 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Please don't start with the "rice" statement when you don't know what it means. You're just gonna lose. Like it or not, this car is not on par with vettes, porsches, or vipers. It's a totally different level of car. FYI, "rice" describes poorly done modifications. Like unpainted body kits or decals that advertise things you don't even have. We don't have any lights in our footwells and neon looks real nice down there. If you don't like it don't do it and stop bashing it.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Landbarger

Under dash neons are a poorly done mods, so don't try to give me the **** of "we don't have vettes, vipers, or porsches". I know this, that's why I listed our car's approx MSRP, and posed the question "which way are we going to take it?". That's like saying, "we don't have a Porsche, so why pay for a Recaro seat? Why not just get some eBay crap that costs me $80 shipped for the pair" It's a matter of aspiring to be better (going with quality products, not wasting money on neons) or whether to be "rice" (NAPA/Pep Boys seat covers, neons everywhere).

Thanks for the advice, but I don't need help in the "not paying money to make my car look gay" category. As for decals, in general, I agree, but I think that support for an organization that is constantly working to help the Z community is worthwhile. The thread is on giving our opinions for her benefit, so that's what we're all doing. Thanks, buddy for the fun discussion.

Last edited by Landbarger; 05-01-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:07 AM
ZBoater

Neons. -1
Old 05-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Poorly done means installed wrong smart ***. Nobody is bashing your ideas so why bash everone elses? List your ideas and end it. If saying "Neon is gay" helps you feel better about your sexuality then please continue.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A bit of neon is a nice touch IMO. As long as you don't think that adding neon makes your car better than a vette or something, its all good.

I think if you are less performance oriented, upping the stereo might be a nice way to go too. get a decent head unit, sub, and an amp to power that sucker may cost less than $1000. Or even less maybe.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

+1 on a nice stereo.

Quick Reply: Kay so I just got a 350z....