Touring seats in a Track model?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 05:22 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring seats in a Track model?

Can the leather Touring seats be put directly into a Track model car?
I know that there are connectors under my stock Track seats that are unused, are they for or can they be used for the power controls on the Touring seats?
I dont care about the heat but I need to power them since its the only way to adjust the seats.

Has anyone done this?
Old 09-25-2005, 09:37 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have first hand knowledge of this for the Z, but usually, all wiring is the same throughout trim lines. Such standardization is cost-effective for manufacturers.

Even if there aren't wires for it under the carpet, you should easily be able to wire them to the constant power wire in the dash.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:49 PM
NewZland

Originally Posted by usmanasif
I don't have first hand knowledge of this for the Z, but usually, all wiring is the same throughout trim lines. Such standardization is cost-effective for manufacturers.

Even if there aren't wires for it under the carpet, you should easily be able to wire them to the constant power wire in the dash.
go w/ DB very nice color btw i have it and love it
Old 09-26-2005, 01:45 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NewZland
go w/ DB very nice color btw i have it and love it
FINALLY! Someone commented on my signature! Thanks. Yeah, that's a helluva dilemma for me . I am 60/40 between DB/SS. My biggest argument in DB's favor is that it's among a handful of colors that are found ONLY in sports/sporty cars. Audi S4 and S6 have it, but not A4 or A6; BMW M3 has it, but not 330ci. There are a dozen other examples like that.

More importantly, my fiance wants me to get DB and surprisingly, her color choice in cars is way better than mine, although I've always been the stereotypical "car guy"
Old 09-26-2005, 03:37 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Well this is not necessarily the case. For instance with the stock Navigation system if your car did not come with it then none of the harnesses are in your car, and it is not an easy thing to install.

I am sure others have done this, just wondering if they had to wire them up themselves.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:22 AM
BrickydZ

My understanding is that only the Touring is wired directly for the Seats.
Touring has connections for heat, power and air bags via two clips.

Those person that have tried found that there are no connectors in the track. They had to hook up the heat and power to the window power wires.

Remember in getting the seats, the heat wont work unless you get the switches also. They have some form of heat reastate or something that tells the seats heat to turn off.

Not to discourage you, it can be done and has been done by several persons on this site, but it is by no way as simple as plug and play.

Good luck.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:28 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

I dont care about the heat but of course I need the power to work since its the only way to adjust the seats
Curious as to what the connectors under my seat are if they are not for the motors. In addition to the air bag connectors under my seat there are other connectors just hangin there. I thought they might be for the power seats but apparently not.
Can anyone confirm all this first hand?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:41 AM
NewZland

FINALLY! Someone commented on my signature! Thanks. Yeah, that's a helluva dilemma for me . I am 60/40 between DB/SS. My biggest argument in DB's favor is that it's among a handful of colors that are found ONLY in sports/sporty cars. Audi S4 and S6 have it, but not A4 or A6; BMW M3 has it, but not 330ci. There are a dozen other examples like that.

More importantly, my fiance wants me to get DB and surprisingly, her color choice in cars is way better than mine, although I've always been the stereotypical "car guy"
yeah man you really can't beat the color imo...It's way sporty looking and it doesn't just blend in with other cars like SS does...(that's just my opinion SS owners don't get pissed lol) Go w/ it man you won't regret it!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:42 AM
NewZland

oh and besides look you've already got it in ur avatar we all know what color u want lol
Old 09-26-2005, 10:49 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

on topic please. Trying to get an answer.

Originally Posted by 35ounces
I dont care about the heat but of course I need the power to work since its the only way to adjust the seats
Curious as to what the connectors under my seat are if they are not for the motors. In addition to the air bag connectors under my seat there are other connectors just hangin there. I thought they might be for the power seats but apparently not.
Can anyone confirm all this first hand?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:13 PM
BrickydZ

Default Found this

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....d+leather+seat

I have a 03 track with the harness preinstalled so the seat was bolt on, plug in. This track had seat air bags so the harness was present.

My other track without seat air bags did not have the harness installed.

If you need heat there is a separate harness and switch assy that is required. This plugs in directly to a connector under the center console.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:30 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

yeah I have seat airbags in mine and I think the harness is there for the power. Dont need heat.

thanks for the info.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:19 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

C'mon guys, please try to keep it on topic. Thank you.

Last edited by 35ounces; 09-27-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Shift_Daytona Z

I have done this. It is not as hard as everyone is making it out to be. It is fairly simple. When you get the leather seats there will be a plug with 4 wires-> Red, Black, Blue, White. (Yellow Plug is for the airbag and if you know what is good for you, you wont mess with it!) You need power from either the battery or another power source in the car, ground wire, 4 female connectors, and a in line fusible link with a 20amp fuse. I did it in about an hour, but I have a distribution block from the battery for my power wire, so it was really easy. You can use the power from the radio or where ever else you would like just make sure that you are not going to overload the circuit that you tie into. I would have tied it in with the radio power wire but I have my headunit and nav system running off of that already. I can take pics if you need them.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think so, I have the Orange touring seats with all the goodies pm me if you are intrested!