Sponsored by:

Finally..Front Plate Bracket Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 07:45 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very important to keep on your dealers to not drill the holes..My dealer was very cool..after I explained that nobody wanted the plate mounted on the bumper they agreed to not drill any holes in any of their cars without the owners consent
Old 01-30-2003, 08:14 PM
Wags

Gendo,

Too bad about the holes but glad you "finally" got it! Who was the Dealer? Sheehy, Rosanthal, or Browns? Mine should be in within the month and I'm ready

Pat's definately look better than the buck tooth dealer supplied version. But I still think I'll try to go without...
Old 01-31-2003, 04:12 AM
Driven

From the pics looks like a quality product...I was going to construct something similar but buying is probably easier. However, from the pics one thing I don't like is that it looks somewhat "raised" from the grill? I'd like it to be as "tucked" and close to the grill as possible. Anyway to make the frame smaller dimensions to accomplish this? Additionally if it could be made with the same contour of the grill so it wraps just a little I don't think you'd get much resistance from anyone about bending their plate for a cleaner look. Yes? If this is possible, please keep in touch with me!
Old 01-31-2003, 05:17 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I looked closely at the spacing between the grill and the plate/frame. Like you, I wanted them as close as possible. The one thing I didn't want was any contact between the plate/frame and the body parts where any paint could be damaged. The upper and lower section of the bumper that surround the grill angle in towards the grill so even another 1/4" would put the two parts too close when you consider any vibration. The materials used in production are all top quality.

I'm really excited about this product and feel it's the perfect answer for those that have to run a front plate.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:27 AM
2k3silver350z

i'm in, i need one. so far i haven't had any problems with cops but i know i will in the future.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:26 PM
Subw00er

lol that would make a great plate "ZNESENVY". I wonder if DMV would let it by?
Old 01-31-2003, 09:00 PM
Wags

No way! Only seven letters please....

I can't find it, but I thought there was a post/thread out here, somewhere, about front plates in Virginia...
Old 02-01-2003, 04:47 AM
SeanRod

Thumbs up

Great job on the bracket. I am one of the lucky ones who lives in a state that does not require a front lic. plate (NC). I was wondering if you would consider "wording options" on the bracket. I for example would opt for one that simply said
"ZNES Envy" on the bottom, and not have "Do You Have" on the top. Is that a possibility?
Old 02-01-2003, 06:23 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

So that everyone understands what you are getting when you buy the bracket..it does not include a plate or plate frame. It is the mechanism by which you attatch your plate and frame to your Z.

Sorry if there was any confusion
Old 02-01-2003, 07:23 AM
Driven

Can we see a picture of the bracket only? And have you determined a selling price yet?
Old 02-01-2003, 11:31 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Sorry Driven but can't show the bracket design yet...legalese being taken care of
Old 02-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Gendo Ikari

Originally posted by Wags
Gendo,

Too bad about the holes but glad you "finally" got it! Who was the Dealer? Sheehy, Rosanthal, or Browns? Mine should be in within the month and I'm ready

Pat's definately look better than the buck tooth dealer supplied version. But I still think I'll try to go without...
Browns.
Old 02-01-2003, 01:50 PM
Driven

OK...will have to wait on picture, what about price?
Old 02-02-2003, 05:58 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

SeanRod..I purchased the Frames from

www.Gunthergifts.com

They have many different styles and can print anything you want on them..think it cost me about $55 for front and rear frames.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:17 PM
mwaller

That looks pretty slick, Pat. Keep us informed of your progress. BTW - have you figured out a reliable way to keep the plate from rotating? I assume you have... just making sure.
Thanks,
Mika
Old 02-05-2003, 07:53 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I've been running mine on the car for several weeks now...once you attach your plate and frame to the bracket it ain't goin nowhere nohow
Attached Thumbnails Finally..Front Plate Bracket Prototype-dsc00568.jpg  
Old 02-06-2003, 01:30 PM
Wags

Hi Pat, You're right, it still looks great.

Please hurry with that production run. Just had a all out battle with the sales manager about where and how they had to mount the plate. He was totally unshakable until I told him, "If you can't work with me, keep the car!". Then he finally said, "Let's go talk to the Inspector". The inspector, of course is also one of the mechanics who will be prepping the car. He was giving me a rough time when I argued don't mount it or use zip ties, said it has to be "permanently mounted"... When I told him about the "bracket I ordered" he said, "Oh, that would be fine". So, then we were all happy, and the sales manager made a big "NOTICE" sign for every mechanic, service manager and the other sales manager, to NOT drill holes in Mr. Wagner's car!

But what I didn't tell them is I don't know if I'll have the bracket in time... so I'm just wondering what options I'll have if it comes to my not having the bracket yet. I have a feeling the dealer will say he is not allowed to let the car go without the inspection sticker and it didn't sound like this inspector will pass it without a "permanently mouted front plate"... Just hoping I don't have to threaten them again, I'll have cash in hand and they can take it or leave it, but obviously it would be a lot easier if I can get that bracket from you in the next couple weeks.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:34 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I'll have product by mid next week and all the legal stuff finalized too..should be selling by the 14th...will get one to you ASAP
Old 02-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Driven

Don't know what your situation is with the plate itself? Do you already have one from a previous car...or did you already receive your plate you ordered for this one? My solution for you would be for you to order personalized plates which won't come in time for you to "HAVE TO" mount them prior to leaving the lot. The only requirement to the dealership will be that they put one of those temp plates stating license applied for on the back of your car and everyone is happy! You get to leave the lot without holes in your bumper and no arguing with anyone! Cops can't even give you a hard time. Isn't life grand now that you have a solution?
Old 02-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Wags

That's a good idea but in VA, i'm pretty sure, the "applied for" goes on the front and back and the car also has to have a state inspection sticker in the center bottom of the windshield. The dealer was arguing that the car could not pass inspection without the Nissan mounting bracket... so if I don't have the bracket we'll just be back to that point in the argument. But there are lots of solutions, I just have to figure out which one he'll go for. One solution is, I pay for and fail the inspection and when I come back with "Pat's Bracket", I pay for the inspection again and pass! I love Virgiana

Quick Reply: Finally..Front Plate Bracket Prototype