Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally..Front Plate Bracket Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 04:40 PM
JeremyL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, patents can take a looong time to get out of pending status... so I wouldnt hold my breath.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:47 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

2003Z..you are probably correct..sooner or later someone will post pics..I just don't want to give it away the day after I open it up for sale..I mean am I supposed to post my drawings for everyone to copy...don't think so..I hope others can understand and respect my point of view

Jeremy..absolutely right..the patent process is long and drawn out and very expensive
Old 02-17-2003, 06:14 PM
2003z

I understand Pat, not knocking on you at all for it.

btw, my brother-in-law went through a multi year process developing a bass guitar with changeable neck. He's just about got it sold to a manufacturer now.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Driven

Once again Pat...I'm not knocking your product....to each his own.

"I would think that the tow-hook mount option would vibrate loose over time."[B]

I'm pretty sure I can get a lock washer which can handle the little vibration which may affect things. Guess I'm just going to have to go a different road...may not be the fastest way there, but when we meet at the end of our journey I won't have any holes in my car that weren't there originally. Good luck Pat, I wish you success.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:23 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Best of luck Driven..and believe me..no offense was ever taken..please be sure to thoroughly think out putting anything in the tow hook receptical..this is not a sales pitch but I had to go through this thinking process when I started working on this project..again..all the best
If you would like to know why I didn't go that way PM me..I'd be happy to share that info with you.

Last edited by AudioPat; 02-17-2003 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AudioPat
If you would like to know why I didn't go that way PM me..I'd be happy to share that info with you.
One might be that you would have to carry around a 16mm wrench (or adjustable wrench) if you ever had a need to remove it.

Another might be that attaching something rigid that extends past the bumper could negate the benefit of the bumper being 'first contact point' in a small frontal impact.

Both of those can be addressed and eliminated, but the effort might require a design whose cost exceeds it's benefit.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Wags

Hey AudioPat,

Just got your mounting bracket . Think I'm the 1st, and it looks great. The more I thought about it the more I hoped it would look something like that. Very professional, very sturdy and neat looking. The plate and frame should definately stay put. Now I can go pick up my "optional license plate frames" from the dealer, though I still don't know what those look like or if I'm going to mount the front plate. I haven't been hassled by the man, but the lone temporary plate on the back is still legal (sort of, but that's another long story). If I put the bracket on the car I'll post some pics. For those of you wondering, it looks kinda like an H and holds things firmly away from the grill an hood.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:43 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Thanks Wags

For those of you that have ordered so far..I look forward to seeing pics of your installs

Thanks to all
Old 02-26-2003, 02:57 PM
shoalhaven

Question Front Plate Mount

Pat,

I have already mailed in my order. I just happened to think, will the placement of the plate using your mount, have any adverse effects on the airflow into the radiator? I'm sure that you must have taken that into consideration.

The summers here in Vegas can get pretty brutal.

Shoalhaven
Old 02-26-2003, 03:09 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

I have spent hours in rush hour traffic and if I had driven long distances at 80+ (of course that would be illegal) I could probably report no difference in temp. I do reccomend that if you are taking your car to the track that you remove the bracket. Others who have mounted the bracket have noticed no difference in their temp guages. How will it effect the temp at 120 degree desert temps...let me know
Old 02-28-2003, 01:22 PM
JeffR116

Pat,
I received your bracket today in the mail. It didn't take long to install and the bracket's craftsmanship is excellent and well designed. Nice work.

She's a little dirty, but this weekend she's getting a bath.
Attached Thumbnails Finally..Front Plate Bracket Prototype-dsc00033.jpg  
Old 02-28-2003, 01:34 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Thank's Jeff...don't forget to tell your friends
Old 02-28-2003, 01:55 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Arrived

My front plate bracket has arrived and, as an ex- design engineer, I was impressed with its simplicity, function and quality workmanship.

I know Pat is talking to a number of our Z parts "friends" and I'm guessing the sample bracket would be in a corner collecting dust if they didn't think the product worthy of their catalog. I've heard no dust stories.

Looks like a winner to me.

Good luck Pat, hopefully I'll have space in the Summer 2003 issue for a brief "Gadget & Gizmo" highlight.

Bob Bell
Old 03-01-2003, 02:28 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Robert..Thank you very much for the kind words..I couldn't ask for better advertising

I am starting to receive personal emails from those that have ordered and received their 'Zee-Bracket', and so far everyone has been impressed with the ease of installation and quality.

Thanks again to all
Old 03-01-2003, 04:47 PM
fdao

I just received Pat's bracket as well. Craftsmanship is superb and the design is simplistic, but yet quite ingenious. Will be installing this coming week. Pix to come as well.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:23 PM
dbpoet

Pat, got my bracket today, along with my license plates (and unfortunatly) my insurance bill. Took me all of 5 minutes to install it. It looks great! I have a Colgan bra and the bracket leaves just enough room to take it off and on. Great job Pat!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 07:40 AM
WashUJon

Does the bracket still require holes to be drilled? I assume you're selling it through StrictlyZ, as well. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2003, 08:31 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Yes..you drill two small holes in the plastic grill right in front of the tow hook receptical..contact

www.StrictlyZ.com

or

www.CourtesyNissan.com

Thanks for your interest and thanks again to everyone for their kind words...best advertising I could hope for

Last edited by AudioPat; 03-07-2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:09 AM
PartsPeddler
Sponsor
Courtesy Nissan

Pat,

This is a fine product! Thanks for letting everyone know they are available at our store.

Here is a quick link

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan..._Code=ZEE-BRCT

We are expecting more either today or Monday.

Steve
Old 03-07-2003, 09:37 PM
redz32/bluez33

Default Going to Group Z meeting 3/13?

Pat-
I would like to see the bracket in person-Are you planning on making it to the meeting next Thursday? And if so, are you going to drive the 350?

As for Wags, I couldn't help but laugh when hearing about "The Inspector". I thought I heard Henry Mancini for a second. Please, Wags, do like wags are supposed to do, and give us a good follow up tale about how the "inspector" was a french-speaking, bumbling bimbette, locally known as "Inspector Loose-Ho" and she passed your car with flying colors. That would really ice the cake. I'm all too familiar with VA DMV-My brother was stationed at NAB Little Creek while in ST4, and his wife's car, which is rotting in my warehouse with it's VA plates, can't get registered or sold because of their ridiculous bureaucracy. Five years she's been trying to get through the red tape. Sheesh. Like Driven said, time to pack up and move.

Quick Reply: Finally..Front Plate Bracket Prototype