Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veilside hoods. Fitment issues??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:43 AM
IceBurnzTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veilside hoods. Fitment issues??

Looking at maybe getting a veilside version 3 hood down the line but have heard in one post that they had major fitment issues that required crazy amounts of shop time. I dont want a cf hood so i believe seibon is out of the question. What have peoples experiences been with these products? Also i have a GReddy strut bar which is wider than the stock one and on some hoods could be a issue as far as the hood closing all the way/properly. Has anyone had issues with this also? Thanks in advance
Old 04-21-2006, 05:17 AM
fernando

My panel shop did have an issue with the hood which was touching the metal work on the sides just above the headlight. They simply knocked the body work down which posed no major problems. If they did not tell me I would never have known. Not sure about the strut bar, as mine had already been removed because of my skunk2 plenum spacer.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:38 AM
IceBurnzTT

Wow i was fortunate enough to get your first post ever on the boards after close to 3 years of being on here haha. thanks for the info though
Old 04-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

according to Darren from Intense, Vielside fix the problem already.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:03 AM
taurran

My veilside hood came fitting like total garbage. The hood was the worst I've ever seen. Of course my idiot body man painted it before even fitting it to the car, screwing me in the process...

I would never buy a veilside hood again. Go with a Seibon.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:21 PM
IceBurnzTT

Whats veilside's stand on this issue? If they supposedly fixed it and it comes in like a pos what services are they offering? I would only accept them paying to ship it back to them and a replacement. Why is it that vs used to be considered quality stuff? I got their rear mirrors a long time ago and they were awful also. Damn shame because i love the v3 and i dont want to have to paint cf and hope it blends
Old 04-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

we sold one to Phunk a couple years ago - I remember he commented that the fit was excellent
Old 04-22-2006, 10:57 AM
IceBurnzTT

So it's a hit or miss thing then. Personally i dont see why there should be any issues if r/d is done right. The hood doesnt change its size so after they make the mastermold where is the margin of error coming from?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:17 PM
ShineAutoProject
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

I can tell you right now that the Veilside Fortune Kit for the FD3S which is one of the main cars for The fast and the furious 3 is sh*t quality. There's a complete set sitting at DTMAUTOHAUS right now. Definitely not Japanese quality stuff.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:37 AM
1000HP

I love Veilside and their designs are amazing. However, I don't understand how one of Japan's premiere aero kit manufacturers our coming out with krap like this. I've also heard of Veilside wing fitment issues, and people getting sent the wrong parts after waiting for months. What is going on here?!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doesn't fit well. It hits the engine cover on the driver side, and causes it to be lifted up a bit on the passenger side. Some people have commented that they thought I forgot to latch my hood fully when they saw it.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:47 AM
InZomniac

It installed one a week ago that had fitment issues as well.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:23 PM
fernando

There was alot of body work to be done on my V3 veilside kit but as far as I understand it goes for all frp kits out there. My 350 was in panel shop for 3 weeks, 2 weeks was simply for fitting ands smoothing out the panels for a perfect finish, must admit that it was worth the wait. The hood looks awesome but only sore point being a gap of appox 10mm between the hood and V3 front bumper - same problem as nitrouz just takes abit of getting used to lol... V3 still the best looking and heard its making an appearance in the new Fast & Furious 3 movie
Old 04-24-2006, 06:38 AM
IceBurnzTT

OH well if its going to be in that movie i definitely dont want it lol. No way i can live down having the kit that ricers across the globe voted into that movie ill have all kinds of civics trying to race me again.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Seibon VT (same design as V3). No problem with fitment issue. Cheaper too. I have it.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:28 AM
swifty949

Originally Posted by fernando
There was alot of body work to be done on my V3 veilside kit but as far as I understand it goes for all frp kits out there. My 350 was in panel shop for 3 weeks, 2 weeks was simply for fitting ands smoothing out the panels for a perfect finish, must admit that it was worth the wait. The hood looks awesome but only sore point being a gap of appox 10mm between the hood and V3 front bumper - same problem as nitrouz just takes abit of getting used to lol... V3 still the best looking and heard its making an appearance in the new Fast & Furious 3 movie

Do you have the rubber lining back on?
Old 04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
IceBurnzTT

Ever take those pics bubble?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:13 PM
davidf

Why can't nismo just produce a couple of different hoods and our fitment issues will be solved. I myself want a different carbon hood at this time but am very gunshy at this point from the past few hoods I've bought.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:49 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by IceBurnzTT
Looking at maybe getting a veilside version 3 hood down the line but have heard in one post that they had major fitment issues that required crazy amounts of shop time. I dont want a cf hood so i believe seibon is out of the question. What have peoples experiences been with these products? Also i have a GReddy strut bar which is wider than the stock one and on some hoods could be a issue as far as the hood closing all the way/properly. Has anyone had issues with this also? Thanks in advance
I'll get you some pics soon. I have the Veilside Ver 3 hood with the Greddy strut bar and no problems. However, I have the stock plenum and no spacer. As for fitment, it was not perfect and my shop had to make adjustments. They also had many, many hours of prep time. That being said, a good body/paint shop will go through the hassle of additional prep to get a good paint finish. They will also know how to adjust to get good fitment in the end.

I've seen both Seibon and Veilside and both have looked great and both have looked like crap. No sure thing either way. I've had my hood now for 5 months and only a couple of small bubbles have appeared as a result of the heat. These are tiny air pockets within the fiberglass that are not noticeable even at prep time. I've already spoken with the body shop and they can fix it but again more prep and cost. Above all though I get many compliments on the hood. I believe Veilside can do a better job with their product, but finding a good body shop and some prep time should give you a nicely finished hood.

Good luck!
Ron
Old 04-25-2006, 11:05 PM
fernando

Originally Posted by IceBurnzTT
OH well if its going to be in that movie i definitely dont want it lol. No way i can live down having the kit that ricers across the globe voted into that movie ill have all kinds of civics trying to race me again.
haha, at this stage I'm not really complaining... I have the only veilside 350z in South Africa. At the moment guys are too scared to take me on as sometimes they have no idea what i am driving.

Quick Reply: Veilside hoods. Fitment issues??