Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes REAL (non-overlay) CF Interior parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 12:57 PM
psytropic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who makes REAL (non-overlay) CF Interior parts?

I like the way the 2 popular CF dash kits look, but I would not use them on my car. Something about sticking stuff on top of other stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Does anyone know of a company that makes replacement parts mad out of CF?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The following companies all do lamination in real carbon fiber. The first 2 produce items for the Z. Others will be custom projects. Get your wallet ready; it is not cheap. Prices range from $1k to upwards of $4k. Some are better than others.

www.elegantwooddesign.com
www.apsisusa.com
www.macarbon.com
www.topshopheadliners.com
www.valenceusa.com
Old 06-14-2006, 05:04 PM
manofsteele2003

www.evo-r.net

Thier overlay kit is real CF and it's priced really well.

BTW, elegantwooddesign is a fake and expensive overlay.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:38 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by manofsteele2003
www.evo-r.net

Thier overlay kit is real CF and it's priced really well.

BTW, elegantwooddesign is a fake and expensive overlay.
BTW, elegantwooddesign does in fact do real carbon fiber laminate in addition to CF print. Go to the website click on 350z and you will see. I also spoke with the owner (Joe) in detail about the real stuff. And it's much more expensive than the CF print.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:40 PM
psytropic

thing is Im looking for real carbon fiber parts, not overlay at ALL ie: a complete CF peice were I can take off the old one, and put the new CF in its place.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:54 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by psytropic
thing is Im looking for real carbon fiber parts, not overlay at ALL ie: a complete CF peice were I can take off the old one, and put the new CF in its place.
Then give the guys at Valence a call. This is the process they use for the exotics. They might be interested in doing a Z.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:05 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

I just figured I would throw this out there..

Pretty much, as Ron said, no on makes a CF replacement kit for the 350. IT is an EXTREEMLY expensive product at this point and I don’t think the market has show companies enough interest to spend $3-5,000 on some interior replacement parts.

I have spoken to a # of smaller companies and if you can get them the carbon fiber cloth, they can make fiberglass molds and blend it with the CF cloth to give you a real CF coating, but the base would be a custom fiberglass mold. This appears to be the best option. If you are looking for dry carbon, good luck and Godspeed because that is gonna cost you a left nut.

I like the Valence USA company and will give then a call today just out of curiosity. Hey they are not too far from me either... Hum... Damn you Ron, I thought I was pretty much finished... this might be another $10k I need to spend to get the interior 'bling' I have been striving for... LOL

Ron, thanks for the lookout man. I have never seen this company before.
--B

Last edited by BamBam; 06-15-2006 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:00 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by BamBam
I just figured I would throw this out there..

Pretty much, as Ron said, no on makes a CF replacement kit for the 350. IT is an EXTREEMLY expensive product at this point and I don’t think the market has show companies enough interest to spend $3-5,000 on some interior replacement parts.

I have spoken to a # of smaller companies and if you can get them the carbon fiber cloth, they can make fiberglass molds and blend it with the CF cloth to give you a real CF coating, but the base would be a custom fiberglass mold. This appears to be the best option. If you are looking for dry carbon, good luck and Godspeed because that is gonna cost you a left nut.

I like the Valence USA company and will give then a call today just out of curiosity. Hey they are not too far from me either... Hum... Damn you Ron, I thought I was pretty much finished... this might be another $10k I need to spend to get the interior 'bling' I have been striving for... LOL

Ron, thanks for the lookout man. I have never seen this company before.
--B
Brent, glad I could help (you spend more money) bro. The guy at Valence was very helpful on the phone. I am supposed to be sending him some pictures of my interior pieces for either CF lamination or custom fab replacements parts. They have a very high end market so it's probably going to be many $$$ especially for the latter. Most of the companies I spoke with just don't see a market yet for Zs. I have only found one company locally to do custom work and he's pretty booked for the next month. You may want to check with companies in the custom motorcycle market. Some will do small car projects on the side and the motorcycle guys are also getting into CF in a big way now.

Ron
Old 06-15-2006, 03:48 PM
manofsteele2003

Originally Posted by roncfpz
BTW, elegantwooddesign does in fact do real carbon fiber laminate in addition to CF print. Go to the website click on 350z and you will see. I also spoke with the owner (Joe) in detail about the real stuff. And it's much more expensive than the CF print.
Oh well I stand corrected, it must be farely new for them. Well if thier prices were outrageous before for the fake CF I can't imagine what the real CF goes for.

BTW, I'm at work and I can't get thier website up on my work computer.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:55 PM
manofsteele2003

Hey, I was able to get on the website and where does it have a real CF dash kit?

I looked at the pricing list and it lists alot of things in real CF but not a dash kit. It looks like the dash kit is only available in CF print, unless perhaps they do it custom or something.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:29 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by manofsteele2003
Hey, I was able to get on the website and where does it have a real CF dash kit?

I looked at the pricing list and it lists alot of things in real CF but not a dash kit. It looks like the dash kit is only available in CF print, unless perhaps they do it custom or something.
If you click on 350Z, then click on interior, then click on dash, then click the left arrow and you will see the real CF. Price for the typical 5 piece kit (dash and door switch panels) is $2,250. His price was by far the highest; even higher than that by companies serving the Ferrari and Lambo market.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:11 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

If anyone is interest to get their interior pieces done in CF. Please PM me. I can get them done with real CF. No more than 1000.

I can do :

Carbon fiber center dash cover
Carbon fiber Navigation door cover
Carbon fiber Shifter cover MT/AT
Carbon fiber Door Switch covers
Carbon fiber 3 gauges pod overlays

You will need to sent me your original parts. Takes 3-4 weeks.

Jay