Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hatch emblem

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 07:51 AM
ZmanZZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hatch emblem

i am looking to shave my emblems in the back, i got the "350z" off fine but to my surprise, i realized that there are holes where the nissan emblem is located on the hatch. is that a major fix? what is the process to remove the holes? and how much will it be to get this done, just so i have the heads up when i'm obtaining estimates...thanks guys.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:10 AM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by ZmanZZZ
i am looking to shave my emblems in the back, i got the "350z" off fine but to my surprise, i realized that there are holes where the nissan emblem is located on the hatch. is that a major fix? what is the process to remove the holes? and how much will it be to get this done, just so i have the heads up when i'm obtaining estimates...thanks guys.

There have been so many thread over this it drives me crazy. Do a search for some info. I would say around $1200 to do it. That's welding in the holes, working the area with filler, priming, painting the bumper, and blending the hatch and quarter panels.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:32 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u could do it yourself, just fill in the holes w/ a putty, smooth it out, prime, wetsand, etc. blend the paint, but unless ur repainting ur car or repairing it, its worthless.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:46 AM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by drift_projekt_Z
u could do it yourself, just fill in the holes w/ a putty, smooth it out, prime, wetsand, etc. blend the paint, but unless ur repainting ur car or repairing it, its worthless.

Umm.....no. If you were going to put anything in the holes, besides lead or welding them then it would be kitty hair or body filler. Glaze or putty is designed to go over filler that's been sanded with a course paper or on very small dents. It's designed to go on very thin and definatly not fill in holes. Body filler however is not designed to fill in holes either. It's designed for something with a backing (dents). I can pretty much garantee if you put filler in the holes it will end up cracking out and one point in time.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:52 AM
ZmanZZZ

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
There have been so many thread over this it drives me crazy. Do a search for some info. I would say around $1200 to do it. That's welding in the holes, working the area with filler, priming, painting the bumper, and blending the hatch and quarter panels.

not necessary to tell me how many threads there are on this subject but i do appreciate your input. i just didn't think it would cost that much to take off a dam emblem....jeeeze!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:55 AM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by ZmanZZZ
not necessary to tell me how many threads there are on this subject but i do appreciate your input. i just didn't think it would cost that much to take off a dam emblem....jeeeze!

You might be able to go a little cheaper if they don't have to blend the quarters, but that's a small place to work with for blending. It's a little more than simply taking an emblem off. Also I was just informing you how much info there is on this subject on this site.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 AM
bbs350z

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
Umm.....no. If you were going to put anything in the holes, besides lead or welding them then it would be kitty hair or body filler. Glaze or putty is designed to go over filler that's been sanded with a course paper or on very small dents. It's designed to go on very thin and definatly not fill in holes. Body filler however is not designed to fill in holes either. It's designed for something with a backing (dents). I can pretty much garantee if you put filler in the holes it will end up cracking out and one point in time.
i used a fiberglass mix w/ easysand putty. result was this:

before the paint, heres was it primed.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:36 AM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by drift_projekt_Z
i used a fiberglass mix w/ easysand putty. result was this:

before the paint, heres was it primed.

I'm not saying it won't look good, but it will crack out after a period of time. It's just not designed for that purpose.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:44 AM
azula

I'm interested in the doing the same thing. i understand that there will be some welding that needs to be done....and repainting.

drift projekt z how did ur fiberglass come out? sounds like its a lot cheaper...
Old 02-03-2007, 05:08 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You can take the easy way out by buying one of those extra large Z emblems that courtesyparts have for sale. The Z will cover the two holes but make sure you have it the right side up.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:20 AM
bbs350z

here is my car finished. it was really easy. i used glass-lite reinforced body filler, mixed it w/ easy sand putty, and applied, sanded, reapplied, and resanded (or until even)

Old 04-13-2007, 03:50 AM
kaos1

how much did that cost?