Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luxeon Parking Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
UltraYellow350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxeon Parking Lights

Does anyone make these anymore? It used to be Ares before but, he has long since stopped making these. I'm hoping that someone has found an alternative.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:34 AM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm tinkering with a new design (solid on, not ticker-tape). I'll let everyone know in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:26 PM
UltraYellow350z

Originally Posted by frenzee
I'm tinkering with a new design (solid on, not ticker-tape). I'll let everyone know in a couple of weeks.
Great!! I'm looking forward to it
Old 09-15-2007, 11:06 PM
___DJK___

Whats up Rowland!!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:46 AM
frenzee

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
Whats up Rowland!!
Hey Scott. What's cookin'? You still got those Kinetix HF cats on? Loved the sound of those thing. Anyways, I'm going through the 5th or 6th incarnation of my yellow/amber LED signal lights - more than a year into it so far. I could never get them bright enough to where I liked them. With the new Luxeon "rebels" released in just the last couple of months, this new design should be at least as bright as the stock incandescents (i.e., 15-20 times brighter than autolumnation/superlumination's brightest direct replacement). I'm waiting for some hardware to arrive to put it all together and finish this project, but from the initial prototype results, it's looking pretty good with no thermal issues (i.e. not overheating). I'll post pics and lumen readings when it's all done.

Keep in touch bro.

Last edited by frenzee; 09-16-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:54 AM
___DJK___

Originally Posted by frenzee
Hey Scott. What's cookin'? You still got those Kinetix HF cats on? Loved the sound of those thing. Anyways, I'm going through the 5th or 6th incarnation of my yellow/amber LED signal lights - more than a year into it so far. I could never get them bright enough to where I liked them. With the new Luxeon "rebels" released in just the last couple of months, this new design should be at least as bright as the stock incandescents (i.e., 15-20 times brighter than autolumnation/superlumination's brightest direct replacement). I'm waiting for some hardware to arrive to put it all together and finish this project, but from the initial prototype results, it's looking pretty good with no thermal issues (i.e. not overheating). I'll post pics and lumen readings when it's all done.

Keep in touch bro.
That sounds awesome, keep us posted for the GB

Yeah I still have the Kinetix cats, no problems so far! I saw Dustin at the Corner 3 BBQ yesterday, we need to get the old crew together for a happy hour or a lunch or something soon!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Accordaleer

I need a high power led reverse light solution, i saw ares i think make something, with a board full of them. Right now i have a thing with 24 leds on them and they look great but dont put out enough. I have "high power" 1watt 168 bulbs in parking lights up front and in the plate and they look like lexus lights.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:44 PM
frenzee

Originally Posted by ___DJK___
That sounds awesome, keep us posted for the GB

Yeah I still have the Kinetix cats, no problems so far! I saw Dustin at the Corner 3 BBQ yesterday, we need to get the old crew together for a happy hour or a lunch or something soon!
Sounds good. You set it up and I'll be there. I vote for Hoooooooters...Hoooooooters.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:59 PM
frenzee

Originally Posted by Accordaleer
I need a high power led reverse light solution, i saw ares i think make something, with a board full of them. Right now i have a thing with 24 leds on them and they look great but dont put out enough. I have "high power" 1watt 168 bulbs in parking lights up front and in the plate and they look like lexus lights.
I know which ones you're talking about. LEDs have come a long way in the past 12 months. White LEDs bulbs are much, much easier to make because they are far more efficient than colored ones. For example, with the new Luxeon "rebels" You could easily make a compact direct replacement "bulb" that outperforms the incandescent 7440, let alone the 5mm drop-ins which I think you have. I too am hoping to swap out my reverse lights, because with my 30% rear tint, sometimes I can't see s*** back there. Right now I want to finish the turn signals first. What I'm working on now draws the same level of current as the stock, so there is no need to add a resistor and it's a direct replacement for the 7440 so you don't have to open up the housing or even take it out. Stay tuned. I will update everyone on how this project goes. Glad to see there are some LED fanatics out there besides me.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Accordaleer

Good ide be one of the first to buy some type of reverse light led thing you rig up. I have 20% tint and my driveway is totally dark... The leds on my "bulb" are surface mounts, not the regular little leds like on a keychain, and yet theyre still not good enough, weird i never realized our bulbs dont aim directly back, theyre slanted.
Attached Thumbnails Luxeon Parking Lights-vleds.jpg  
Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Accordaleer

As i said, my plates look like lexus's, theyre bright and sexy. Camera phone was dimmed in 2nd pic to show color difference.
Attached Thumbnails Luxeon Parking Lights-0907072355.jpg   Luxeon Parking Lights-0913070033.jpg