Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Momo Adapter Hub FAILURE

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Slabrose123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Momo Adapter Hub FAILURE

Well After removing the Stock Oem Steering Wheel w/ Airbag and Trying Countless time to Read the Momo Instruction I failed The 350z Momo Adapter Looks Nothing like what would be required to Go Onto My 03 Enthus 350z. After Surfing the web and loseing sunlight I had to put back the old Oem Wheel and of course I didnt count on having to put that back to I didnt mark the wheel off and now It looks like im taking a right turn when I am driving straight is there anyone that has any pictures of doing this. It seems pretty standard as really only found Momo and Sparco making Hubs and went with Momo which is seeming to be a mistake at this point but please any ideas on what I should do please let me know thankx
Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you did a lil homework you would have known that the Momo hub blows.

Chuck it and go with the Bell works.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Slabrose123

Did try to do the homework just really didnt find anything to do with the hubs ... shoulda thought about italian car part in an asian car ... /shrug scrapped the whole idea getting a new OEM wheel and **** the hub lol .. thankx for the input though
Old 07-23-2008, 02:37 AM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a search before I purchased my MOMO hub. It fits, but I had to bore the holes a little wider for a perfect fit. I would've went with W. Bell but I have a MOMO steering wheel and wanted to keep the theme. Plus the MOMO hub only comes with one resistor so I had to order a W. Bell resistor so that my air bag light doesn't go off.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:46 AM
ekidd

Originally Posted by Slabrose123
Did try to do the homework just really didnt find anything to do with the hubs ... shoulda thought about italian car part in an asian car ... /shrug scrapped the whole idea getting a new OEM wheel and **** the hub lol .. thankx for the input though
an italian part in a japanese car has nothing to do with it. Ive ran momo hubs in my hondas, along with all my other buddies and never had any fitment issues no problems. If the hub was made for a 350z, then you should have no problem with it.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Should have went with the Works Bell. Many people have had issues with the Momo.

Yeah and that's ****ing dumb, it has nothing to do with Momo being Italian? That like saying you can't run Sparcos because they aren't made in Japan.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Moroccan_Mole

Originally Posted by Slabrose123
I had to put back the old Oem Wheel and of course I didnt count on having to put that back to I didnt mark the wheel off and now It looks like im taking a right turn when I am driving straight
you needed to keep track of the spiral cord whether you were using the hub and aftermarket wheel or a the stock steering wheel. now you will just need to remove the wheel and turn the spiral cord back one rotation, attach the wheel and see if that's correct, if not - repeat over and over until it's correct.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Zeebra

Where are you guys buying the Works Bell hub at? I did a google search and it came up with http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me..._350Z_Interior

That looks pretty ugly... how much of that do you see?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Slabrose123

The Italian comment was partially sarcastic but like the post below my last one ... If I ordered a Momo Hub Made for the 350z I dont wanna have to mod it to fit the horn adapter or have to order another resistor because yes are airbags have 2 (2pin each) wires not 1. That is defeating the this is for a 350z purpose. And yes I got a momo wheel as well along with a shifter **** and wanted to keep the theme but that isnt the case at this point.