Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I miss driving the Z (help me with this vendor)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
fart_canon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ev0k1ll3r
okay time to reveal the vendor... its, you guessed it Mastergrade! Honestly, I never wanted it to get to this point. I was hoping that boomer at MG would get his head out of his @ss and get my product to me ASAP. Instead it was constant phone games and excuses upon excuses. I bet the ratio between me trying to call mg vs mg trying to call me is at least 15:1. This is not because I am an obsessed freak, but when it comes to me making a large purchase I expect to get some customer service. Not have to try to call 5 times in one day and not get a single response for days if even. I am sick of dealing with this and I will be contacting my CC company to dispute the charges. I warn anyone who deals with this vendor to be careful and be sure that there are no problems to start with. Some issues I had dealt with with MG: carrier not picking up items, carrier refusing delivery, carrier issues etc.... I understand that all vendors may have issues with their carriers but come on! how hard is it to phone another carrier to pick up ASAP. On top of that, how hard is it to just answer your phone and say: Hello Customer, We currently are having difficulties with our carrier. If this problem persist, we will be contacting a different carrier to ensure your product arrives promptly and safely. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted on the situation. > Of course this is what I hear from MG on the 10th call but not once is there a follow up. Boomer if you are reading this. You better do something to make this better soon. I'm done trying to reach you and hear your excuses.

On another note, Is there a reliable vendor that can get me an Asuka 2 hood and MG hatch. i have money available and am willing to purchase ASAP. I just want to drive my Z again.
Oh man, I knew it! I'm sorry to read all this **** is happening to you mang and it is very sad that you have to suffer the consequences.

Not too long ago I spent over 2,000 with Boomer at MasterGrade. I bought a hatch, Nismo fins, TS diffuser, paint and molding. The communication was horrible. I dropped off my Z so he could finish up the entire job. He told me it would only take 2-3 days; it ended up taking almost 7 days. Every time I called him for status he came up with a new and different excuse. I was pretty fed up with and his shadyness.

Day 7 came and I drove down to his shop to see my car was ready or not. It was almost done. I had to wait another 3 hours but it was finished. Went over the details and let me tell you there were a few fitment issues that he promised he would fix as long as I came back on a different day, well I haven't received a single phone call from him until this day. I honestly feel Boomer is too shady. I met his workers and they seem nice people but all changes when **** hits the fan. He needs to step up and own up to his mistakes.

MasterGrade was banned for a few days that should be a red flag for everyone. I didn't know about it until after the fact. Either way Mods need to shut this type of vendors down. We don't need more scamming...we already have enough to worry about.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i guess intensepower is about the only aero vendor we can trust maybe?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
ev0k1ll3r

Originally Posted by fart_canon
Oh man, I knew it! I'm sorry to read all this **** is happening to you mang and it is very sad that you have to suffer the consequences.

Not too long ago I spent over 2,000 with Boomer at MasterGrade. I bought a hatch, Nismo fins, TS diffuser, paint and molding. The communication was horrible. I dropped off my Z so he could finish up the entire job. He told me it would only take 2-3 days; it ended up taking almost 7 days. Every time I called him for status he came up with a new and different excuse. I was pretty fed up with and his shadyness.

Day 7 came and I drove down to his shop to see my car was ready or not. It was almost done. I had to wait another 3 hours but it was finished. Went over the details and let me tell you there were a few fitment issues that he promised he would fix as long as I came back on a different day, well I haven't received a single phone call from him until this day. I honestly feel Boomer is too shady. I met his workers and they seem nice people but all changes when **** hits the fan. He needs to step up and own up to his mistakes.

MasterGrade was banned for a few days that should be a red flag for everyone. I didn't know about it until after the fact. Either way Mods need to shut this type of vendors down. We don't need more scamming...we already have enough to worry about.
Hey at least you live in socal near his shop. I was close to just hopping on a plane and take care of this myself. Instead, I decided its not worth my time or breath to even try to work this out with him. I also noticed that MG was temp banned but not until it was too late. I am taking my business elsewhere. It's a shame too. I was hoping to get a roof cap and diffuser from MG in the near future.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
ev0k1ll3r

While trying to figure everything out regarding my order. I called the carrier since boomer told me it was in transit. I was told that it is a COD. I was like "say what"? I was already charged for the parts and the shipping. 1 hour later i find out that MG has been banned from their services. Apparently, MG has even been giving them problems as far as who is supposed to be paying for freight charges. SHADY!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:41 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by aarantes
I would think with the economy the way it is vendors would be all over having loyal costumers/good word of mouth but I swear I see this kind of thread at least 3 times a week....

GL op
With the economy, I see vendors resorting to lying about a few things to get cash infusion and making empty promises.

Originally Posted by Mapleleaf
I would start doing what you can to get your money back.... Call the CC start the dispute procedure , that should get his motor running.It doesn't hurt to be ahead of the game.
+1
While trying to figure everything out regarding my order. I called the carrier since boomer told me it was in transit. I was told that it is a COD. I was like "say what"? I was already charged for the parts and the shipping. 1 hour later i find out that MG has been banned from their services. Apparently, MG has even been giving them problems as far as who is supposed to be paying for freight charges. SHADY!!!
Wow, that's pretty bad. WTF!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:48 PM
chrisjersey06

Unreal....they should be banned. Thank you for revealing them and stopping other people from getting screwed. I was going to buy some stuff from MG but not anymore. They ruined what could have been a really good thing for them.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
ev0k1ll3r

Originally Posted by chrisjersey06
Unreal....they should be banned. Thank you for revealing them and stopping other people from getting screwed. I was going to buy some stuff from MG but not anymore. They ruined what could have been a really good thing for them.
QFT! I thought since he separated himself from his colleague at showstoppers that he was better. Apparently not
Old 05-12-2009, 04:47 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
i guess intensepower is about the only aero vendor we can trust maybe?
Adam and the guys at Z1 have spectacular customer service as well.......

Old 05-13-2009, 10:44 PM
MASTERGRADE
Banned

You begged us to get the asuka hood and we finally got it I told you that we were having trouble with our shipping carrier. You even called them yourself, you know that the hood was in transit till you called them... then they closed our account for no reason at all. If it was our product you wouldn't of wait. I'm sorry Anthony for the wait, you can say it's our fault for trying to sell other peoples product and over promising. But please at least tell the community that we tried to help you with what you wanted
Old 05-13-2009, 10:45 PM
MASTERGRADE
Banned

sorry Changv I will tell my guy to remove your picture from our listing
Old 05-16-2009, 12:56 PM
ev0k1ll3r

yes i was desperate to find the a vendor that could get me the Asuka type 2. Yes you did "help me". Normally i am a very patient person and I feel that i gave you more than enough chances to fix things. If your carrier was giving you so many problems then why was it so hard to just have fedex or ups come get it? The problem was not the long wait. The problem was that you promise me one thing and when the time comes and i don't have a shipping number or any updates from you. It seemed to be constant excuses upon excuses. Maybe they were the truth but it gets old after the the third try. On top of that, when there seemed to be a problem, you were completely unreachable. So, yes you did promise to get me a product that no other vendor could obtain. Those promises do not mean anything when there are no results.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 PM
urbanchaos

Yep that sucks I want to get the asuka type2 hood, double hump roof and hatch but am scared to order from reading all these stories.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:55 PM
ev0k1ll3r

To the Z community:
I will try to present my experience with Mastergrade and remain unbiased as possible.

Initially I had ordered the hood and hatch through another vendor who had told me it was in stock. A week later The vendor contacts me to say that the product was actually on backorder for at least two weeks. No biggie, everybody makes mistakes. I, on the other hand did not want to have to wait this long so i contacted other vendors who carried the product. Boomer at mastergrade told me the issue with Asuka and why their products are impossible to obtain at the moment. At this point Boomer provided great customer service and seemed to genuinely care to help me out. He said that he may be able to use his close connection with Asuka to get their mold to make me a hood. I was ecstatic to hear this since I was desperate to get this hood. So I jumped on board and canceled my order with the other vendor. Boomer told me that it should take about two weeks for the hood to be ready. After two weeks i call him and he tells me that it should only take a couple more days to finish. I waited a couple days without hearing from Boomer so i gave him a ring to check on the progress. He told me that they are packing it up as we spoke and that he will have a pickup number for me by the end of the day. This is the point where customer service sharply declined. He had my money and promised that my parts were on the way. The next day I checked my pm box and my emails. No shipping number. I called him to see what was going on and no answer. This went on for the whole week with call after call and pm after pm (no reply). He went on vacation without ensuring that all of his customers were taken care of. Finally Boomer called me and informed me that there was an issue with his carrier since there was a balance from a COD. He said that he would take care of it and if not, he would find another carrier. A few days go by and I have not heard from Boomer so I called him again. Again, no answer and it goes on to the next day. He called me back and said that the carrier picked up the package but is refusing to deliver because of the outstanding balance. (Things seemed fishy to me at this point; why would the carrier even accept the pickup request if the merchant had a balance?) Boomer informs me that he has the check for the carrier and that this should be taken care of by the end of the day. To make up for my troubles, he offers to throw in a free set of A pillar replacements. I am happy again and am willing to give him another chance to fix this problem. A couple days later i try to call him again since he hasn't contacted me. Once again no answer which goes on for a few days. Boomer finally calls me back and needs a business address to send the package to. I comply and boomer said he will be sending me a new pickup number. Suprise! Suprise! no number no answer. I called the carrier to see what is going on with my stuff and am informed that they have no package from mastergrade at the moment and that there will be a 14 lb COD package picked up from their location the following day. (Red Flag: 1. COD? i paid for that **** already 2. 14 lbs? a little light for hood hatch and pillars don't you think? 3. WTF I thought it was already picked up.) Finally, I get a pickup number from boomer. I called the carrier once again to make sure that everything is okay. I find out that the package is still 14 lb and COD. The carrier told me that they will get to the bottom of this. A couple hours later, boomer called me and said that the carrier dropped his account because I called the carrier and apparently that is unacceptable. He said he will find a new carrier and get this to me ASAP. I called the carrier back to see if I could work something out. They tell me their side of the story: Boomer always gave them the run around about whom is responsible for the freight charges. They decided that MG was not worth dealing with. I gave boomer a week before i decided i had had enough and disputed the charges with my CC comp.

I'm Sorry for the extremely long post but, i hope this helps clarify the situation. I hope that anybody who deals with MG is aware of boomers shadieness.
BTW not proof read so sorry for any poor grammar.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:11 PM
urbanchaos

Whats the issue with Asuka right now?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm Sorry for the extremely long post but, i hope this helps clarify the situation. I hope that anybody who deals with MG is aware of boomers shadieness.
BTW not proof read so sorry for any poor grammar.

That's a lot of smoke and b.s. that you were being dealt. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:44 PM
TSG-Z

Wasnt this the company Jim worked for?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:58 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To the Z community:
I will try to present my experience with Mastergrade and remain unbiased as possible. .
That's as far as I got with your post.

Call up The Kool Aid man to fix that wall for you.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:29 PM
ev0k1ll3r

Originally Posted by urbanchaos
Whats the issue with Asuka right now?
Asuka is moving their production over seas. I am told the quality will remain top notch. At the moment, I heard from M1 that Asuka type 2 is out of production for the time being. Unfortunately, I don't want to wait any longer so I am going with the seibon product.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:56 AM
350zDriftNut

Originally Posted by huyrua
Sounds all too familiar. Your post is without cause if you won't disclose the vender's name. It's been more than a month and they have your money and you can not drive your car.
Might be "Mastergrade Motorsport" there a big SCAM!!! I am going through the process of trying to get my money back via PayPal

"5/26/2009 09:44 EDT - Buyer: I placed this order on April 17th 2009. 1 (one) week after I placed the order I emailed the business to see if they have shipped my car parts, they replied that somehow my order was misplaced and now found and will ship ASAP, that was a month ago and still no email letting me know what's going on and still no product, there is also no phone number on there website. Very bad customer service."
Old 05-26-2009, 06:15 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Members are required to post a photo of their item for sale with a name, date and price.

None of the above rules apply to vendors. In other words a vendor can take your money for an item which they do no have.