Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Fuse for Interior Dome/Map Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Lotus Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Fuse for Interior Dome/Map Lights

My 2003 interior dome/map lights went out, so I replaced the bulbs. The old bulb filaments look fine, so my new ones didn't work either. I want to check the corresponding fuse to see if it fried.

I looked inside the hood, popped open the battery cover, popped open the fuse box next to the battery. I see fuse labels for everything else other than interior map/dome lighting. Can someone please point me to where the interior map/dome lighting fuse is? Or which of the labeled items it's combined with?

Thank you!

Last edited by Lotus Man; 12-29-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:38 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am having the same problem, I have checked every fuse and can't fine a bad one. But, no dome lights.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check the fuse panel above your dead pedal on the driver side?

Old 12-29-2009, 03:39 PM
kevincat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont mean to hijack but:

im having the same problem. if i open my doors, the lights doesnt come on. but if i manually turn the dome lights on it works. also my trunk light does not work.

all the fuses are perfectly fine. i guess i shorted something when i was wiring my demon eyes to the dome lights.

unplugging the negative on the battery doesnt seem to help either.

anyone has a solution?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
daweeze02

I am having the exact same problem now. No trunk or dome lights but all the fuses are good. And I cannot find a diagram for the fuse box under the wiper cowl. Did anyone ever figure this out?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:45 PM
R350Zz33

its in the one by your left foot its a 10Amp ive changed it 5 times before i found the short in my system
Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 AM
rey rey_10

Originally Posted by kevincat
dont mean to hijack but:

im having the same problem. if i open my doors, the lights doesnt come on. but if i manually turn the dome lights on it works. also my trunk light does not work.

all the fuses are perfectly fine. i guess i shorted something when i was wiring my demon eyes to the dome lights.

anyone has a solution?
BUMP.
I'm having the same problem. .
Old 11-17-2013, 04:35 PM
dynomike6

did anyone figure out a problem as to why the dome lights aren't working? I was swapping my factors bulbs for LED's and accidentally shorted something out and blew the LED bulb. In doing so it messed something else up. all my fuses are fine, even swapped the one that goes to it to be 100% and still nothing. anyone know what I may have done?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:10 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those that shorted "something" It would be the BCM - body control module. I had the same prob wiring something. Push the domes--works, but the courtousy lights when doors open--doesnt. Replaced bcm--fixed. The bcm is located next to the clutch. attatched is a fuse panel also. You do NOT have to have both when you are on the hunt for a new bcm. Just need a working bcm and programming keys. easy 10mm bolt and its out, well of course along w peeling off some plastic panels etc.

NOTE**
You will have to get keys/fobs and get them reprogrammed by dealership and is about $100. Make sure to have all keys present so they can program then all at once along w fobs. Cheers and GL to all.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
taywan

Oh. And the truck lamp when hatch opens was a separate issue for my 2004 Z. it was on a fuse itself. I think it was fuse panel next to clutch attatchdd to the BCM. ic check that first. Been a little going through fuses. but I think it was the room one-not 100% . If not there then look at the fuse box next to battery. check them all carefully to make sure as some look fine but slightly split.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:42 PM
dynomike6

thanks for the reply taywan! i reset the bcm as you said with disconnecting the battery cable, doors open ect. after doing it only one side of the map lights work, the other will not and its not the bulb because i tried the working bulb in it and it still didn't work. any ideas on this?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:46 PM
taywan

Idk about that prob. in only had my entire map not working. replaced/reprogrammed bcm and now I'm all good. Not sure about one side of map working etc. That sounds weird
Old 11-23-2013, 09:58 PM
dynomike6

ok thanks, if I get it figured out I will be sure to post for future referral
Old 11-26-2013, 10:01 AM
ngaving

Hi, dynomike6, it was the white spring switch that matter. Check it out simply by swapping the left and right switch if it works then thats the problem. Like u, i tried to put LED blub in it but the barrel is a bigger metal housing...... then it shorted! Two subsequences:
1st is the fuse that actually blown , u might find it looks good visually but like my one just failed continuty test with a multimeter (it won't beeps for the test>> broken).
The 2nd is the white switch, u won't understand what happen until u open it up~

Last edited by ngaving; 11-27-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:21 PM
ngaving

If the switch is the culprit, here's how u can fix it.
(don't know why can't i upload attachment, so just shared from my google drive., might remove it later.)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Ek&usp=sharing
Old 08-11-2015, 03:30 AM
I DTW I

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice little DIY, ngaving. I was at a loss to why my map (interior) lights wouldn't work. Fuse was good, switched out bulbs, and I took my buttons apart, however mine is a 2003 US model and sadly were a different design then those pictured by ngaving. My multimeter indicated that only 17.7 millivolts were coming through to the map light assembly, very short of the 12v expected.

Having read all the threads on my350Z, I decided to search the G35 forums and correctly assumed they have the same map lights. It was recommended there to unhook the battery for 10 minutes as this resets the BCM. As a last resort, I tried this and it worked!!!! I have no idea why, but ever since I unhooked the battery to do my last repair, that's when the map lights quit working. Who knows, but I'm glad they work!

P.S. if you're trying to install LED map lights, like me, it turns out they are not reverse-able. If one way doesn't work, try the other way around and they will.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:02 AM
RIG3L

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Burnt BCM trace

Originally Posted by kevincat
dont mean to hijack but:

anyone has a solution?
Same scenario form me and had to pull BCM. Bridge the fried trace and you are good to go.

try not to blister the shielding like I did.

Last edited by RIG3L; 11-28-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:37 AM
pyty

Originally Posted by RIG3L
Same scenario form me and had to pull BCM. Bridge the fried trace and you are good to go.

try not to blister the shielding like I did.
incredible, run again my lights!!!

What I am curious about is that if the track broke before, it would be better not to change the fuse for one with less amperage? now with the bridge could not break something else?