Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Input From Those With Kirk Racing Roll Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
tkuntz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Input From Those With Kirk Racing Roll Bars

Is anyone here around the 6'5ft range plus or minus an inch running a Kirk Roll Bar?

If so are you able to get your seat all the to the back of the rail?

I currently have a set of Bride Digos and I am looking into the Kirk roll bar but I need to know if I will be able to get my seat to the back of the slider with that roll bar installed.

I have found some pictures of it installed but I have yet to receive ANY input as to wether or not it will fit someone of my height. Currently without a roll bar I can get the seat to it's back most position and it's comfortable enough to drive for hours on end, I want the same functionality out of my car if I add a roll bar to it.

Any help and pictures or advice would be greatly appreciated so that I can find the best solution for my needs.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
tkuntz

Anyone?

What about the Autopower roll bar? Anyone with any info on their driver seat location if it goes all the way back or not?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by tkuntz
Anyone?

What about the Autopower roll bar? Anyone with any info on their driver seat location if it goes all the way back or not?
Almost the same as the Kirk bar
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
350zjason350z
Know it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Kirk 4 point with the x brace with the stock seats ..... And the stock seat can't go all the way back because there too wide , but I would think if I had after market seats it could slide back few more inches. I'm 5 10 and with my current set up I have to sit a little closer than I'm used to but it not bad for me. I can see some one taller then me diffenatly not fitting comfortably with my setup ... I don't know if this answer you question
Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just get an Enjuku harness bar. Not the same as a roll bar but you can move the seats farther back and can still get to the glove compartments behind the seats while also having your seatbelts connected to a sturdy brace that looks great. When/if I get a harness/roll bar i'm getting an enjuku. They're only like 400
Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
tkuntz

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Almost the same as the Kirk bar
Yea i figured their 4pt is roughly the same, i was also looking into their "street series" because it doesn't have the angled bar behind the passenger seat like the Kirk one. I have read though that if it doest have that bar then it's not "structurally safe" like the kirk bar.

Originally Posted by 350zjason350z
I have the Kirk 4 point with the x brace with the stock seats ..... And the stock seat can't go all the way back because there too wide , but I would think if I had after market seats it could slide back few more inches. I'm 5 10 and with my current set up I have to sit a little closer than I'm used to but it not bad for me. I can see some one taller then me diffenatly not fitting comfortably with my setup ... I don't know if this answer you question
Yea I a set of Bride Digo seats that I just recently installed, not as wide as stock and less "beafier" then the OEM sooo I am being optimistic that they will go to the back of the slider. I just wish someone had a similar setup and some pics with a reclinable seat installed.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 AM
SA Z-boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the kirks roll bar w/ x brace also but I had bride zeta III's installed. I could put the drivers seat all the way but the passangers was limited due to the bar that passes behind the seat. (very cramped for a big passanger)
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 AM
tkuntz

interesting, yea i tried the same with my Digos but because there's a bar for the reclining option i think im hooped! to say the least anyway ha.