Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Emitting Turn Signals... Did my research

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 06:06 PM
ZedFed

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb No Emitting Turn Signals... Did my research

Just to get a head start, I've researched and researched multiple ways to cure this issue on here and several other sites but the issue still persists and I'm duped right now. Here's the details and whats up

Car: 2003 350z Performance Bone stock other than a filter
Purchased: September 1st 2016
Issue: Parking Lamps not emitting light when turned to "ON" only but will blink as needed. Tail lamps work, brake lights work, third brake light works and headlights including hi beams work.

Current Troubleshooting methods already done:

- Checked Fuses in the "Hidden Fuse Box" Location: All Not popped
- Checked the fuses in the box in front of the battery: All not popped
- New Bulbs in the front and rear
- Bulbs are not the double lit type everyone keeps saying, they are single 8v to 12v type. 7440, just bought a pair today thinking thats what it was.
- Pulled radio out to check for wire chops: That the lord they used a radio kit so those appear to be good. Wires are not necessarily "half-As&ed" but appear to be in good shape. Cheap Sony radio though

Now what i did miss because i don't want to destroy the interior pieces and that's the driver kick panel as I felt I needed to call hulk hogan to rip it out so i got scared. I tried to look and listen for the relay clicking when i turned the hazards on but could not hear it(Is the relay in the engine bay? Again the turn signals work, heads work, tails/brake lights work. Just being ON when i clicked over once on the switch does not work. Making the switch a very very last resort to purchase.

UPDATE: I literally just thought about the way the dash lights up just by turning the key so now i have to ask... What wire in the radio harness works with the dash? Wondering if that plays a role too

Thanks Guys/gals!

Last edited by ZedFed; 09-03-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:38 PM
ZedFed

I know I'm new but come on, 14 views and not one has or had this issue?
Old 09-04-2016, 08:41 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,046 Likes on 6,512 Posts

holiday weekend duder..... patience.

i dont do electrical gremlins
Old 09-04-2016, 08:57 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Lots of electrical questions you have there. Worse type to figure out from behind a keyboard. You need to research the FSM (factory service manual) for troubleshooting and here's the link:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/
Old 09-04-2016, 03:25 PM
karlt

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
Lots of electrical questions you have there. Worse type to figure out from behind a keyboard. You need to research the FSM (factory service manual) for troubleshooting and here's the link:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/
After you download the manual, look in the lt.pdf section. You'll see that the parking lamps and turn signal lamps are separate items.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:06 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

I dont get what your asking here.. The blinkers are blinkers and they work.. Blink... The parking lights are parking lights and work, turn on when you have the switch on... They are 2 different lights and both work? What doesn't work?
Old 09-04-2016, 08:40 PM
ZedFed

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I dont get what your asking here.. The blinkers are blinkers and they work.. Blink... The parking lights are parking lights and work, turn on when you have the switch on... They are 2 different lights and both work? What doesn't work?
Read the damn question as it's fully explained what's going on. If i knew I wouldn't ask. Save the i'm the best guru respond crap for another guru. I'm very well inclined with cars but this one ties into 19 different relays and fuses I can't track down. I'm asking a simplified question giving details of what I've done already so a more respectful response rather than a smart *** remark would suffice. All that you said was nothing close to the question and what is this two different lights that both work statement? Go ahead and call for mommy and daddy to come kick me off the forum if you like but i'm not some 16 year old motard first timer everyone tends to pick on because he's less experienced or because he's a "noob". Lots of questions? Two questions is lots? well focus on the first question which is revised below.

ANYWAYS...
Short and sweet...

The turn signals front and rear only come on when I signal to turn left or right. BOTH FRONT AND REAR turn signal lights/parking lights do not come on when I turn one click for the parking lights from the switch. I've checked all fuses and are all ok, is there a relay somewhere I should check?

Last edited by ZedFed; 09-04-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:46 PM
ZedFed

Originally Posted by karlt
After you download the manual, look in the lt.pdf section. You'll see that the parking lamps and turn signal lamps are separate items.
Thanks for the tip! DK thanks for providing a link for me to research.