Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Vender Reviews and Group Buys

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:25 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vender Reviews and Group Buys

About three months ago, vendor reviews and group buys were removed. This is a disservice to forum members because we are no longer able to easily tell who are good vendors and who are the bad apples. Additionally, group buys no longer exist for regular members.

Threads regarding poor vendor service become lost in the pile of threads and we no longer can easily tell which vendors are best and worst. At least three members have had problems with one particular vendor who's had a long history of problems over the years. And, we're unable to easily see which vendors are getting kudos. On top of that the view sponsors page is incomplete and completely useless when we can't find vendors like Performance Nissan or Street Image. Are they no longer sponsors?

Vender review threads:

https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum/115235-vendor-reviews-or-vendor-feedback.html

Bad reviews
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=vendor

Good reviews
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/117573-kudos-to-performance-nissan.html

Group Buy threads:

https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum/117265-why-personal-group-buys-are-no-longer-allowed.html
https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum/118576-group-buy-deleted.html
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118576

There were hundreds of reviews that no longer are available for members to examine. And, we are no longer able to sell and buy great deals through group buys.

I consider this the single most important forum related issue. It has been over two to three months since these problems have arisen and I am now under the impression that vendors may have influenced the administrators of this forum. While I've been monitoring the status in the Premier feedback forum, an adequate response to such a lengthy delay does not exist.

There are many members who share this view and if these problems are not corrected soon, I believe all vendor related purchases and group buys should be conducted at one of the other Z sites.

I look forward to administrator response ASAP.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:25 PM
knicksinny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is an excellant post by hfm. Unfortunatly, it seems that one certain vendor who has the majority if not all of the complaints against him deleted by the admin must by paying his vendor fees very timely. The owners of this site seem more concerned with the money vendors are paying than the well being of this community. But I feel the real shame of deleting all reviews were done to the many excellant paying vendors that got all the good reviews due to their hard work and excellant customer service deleted to protect this one poor vendor.

These great PAYING vendors are hurt just as much as the community by the administration of this website. The trading feedback has also been compromised by the admin of this website since negative feedback has been deleted on one particular vendor to protect him.

I hope changes are made to help promote the many great paying vendors this website has because they help out the community and people like myself with their expertise and great customer serive.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:36 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

I agree. IU asked for a vendor review area quite a while back and was told it was in development. So??????????
Old 06-19-2005, 10:34 PM
hfm

This thread will continue to await for a response as long as these kinds of threads continue to exist:

https://my350z.com/forum/feedback-and-suggestions-for-our-forum/118329-b-s-negative-feeback-i-left-got-taken-away-2.html
Old 06-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Guess we better alert the members to not post new threads that review a vendor experience then.

After paying for premier membership, I don't want group buys available to the regular members. Premier membership is just too cheap to complain about, you get some pretty cool features and it isn't that much to sign up.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:13 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Godzilla?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

He's moving right now, he hasn't even had a chance to respond to May giveaway winners.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by dave079
Are you even a mod? If not what say so do you even have in this matter?
Nope. Slightly more say-so than you being a premier member I would guess. HFM thinks group buys should come back, I don't, doesn't mean they are, doesn't mean they aren't. Just voicing my opinion as others have done.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:53 PM
hfm

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Guess we better alert the members to not post new threads that review a vendor experience then.

After paying for premier membership, I don't want group buys available to the regular members. Premier membership is just too cheap to complain about, you get some pretty cool features and it isn't that much to sign up.
This is NOT what was being discussed in the past in the Premier Forums. Additionally, the fact that it has been many months since the issue was raised does not reflect well on the forum or quite frankly, upon the administrator. At some point in time, I truly believe all group buys and vendor sales should move to a competitive forum if these issues are not addressed for members.

As for group buys, the number of Premier members dramatically limits that as a viable option. What good is it it have group buys for less than 100 people when the options should be made for the arguably thousands that frequent this forum? More importantly is the need to keep track of good vendors and bad vendors especially for new forum members who have not seen vendor history.

A response would be appreciated - from the administrator.

Last edited by hfm; 06-22-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by hfm
This is NOT what was being discussed in the past in the Premier Forums. Additionally, the fact that it has been many months since the issue was raised does not reflect well on the forum or quite frankly, upon the administrator. At some point in time, I truly believe all group buys and vendor sales should move to a competitive forum if these issues are not addressed for members.

What wasn't being discussed in the past in the premier forums?

As for group buys, the number of Premier members dramatically limits that as a viable option. What good is it it have group buys for less than 100 people when the options should be made for the arguably thousands that frequent this forum? More importantly is the need to keep track of good vendors and bad vendors especially for new forum members who have not seen vendor history.

It won't be just 100 if it gets more interest. (becoming a premier member) Well, I agree on this somewhat. I know where and where not to order from, though I see your point for people that are new to modifying their 350Z.

Tell you what, the Santa Barbara run will probably generate 50 people showing up. How about if I have everyone respond to this thread. And, if I have folks in different regions also respond to this thread. We can have it explode quite quickly if the administrators think the issue isn't important and will just go away.

I don't think it's that, did you read my reply to 35ounces? GodZilla is in the middle of moving to another house. Be patient is all I can say for a response.

I hope you weren't directing this towards me as an insult of sorts. I am not a moderator or administrator, simply a premier member voicing his opinion on this topic. Others did the same and were not questioned after giving their opinion.

Like I said, GodZilla is in the middle of moving to another house so be patient for a response. Also, Mike Wazowski is the marketing manager so he doesn't really deal with these situations anymore. So the only response(s) you'll be getting right now are from regular members, premier members, and moderators. It might be two weeks or so before GodZilla can get a chance to respond, or as little as tomorrow. Yobri is probably the most up-to-date on what's going on.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:18 PM
hfm

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
I hope you weren't directing this towards me as an insult of sorts.
Originally Posted by hfm
How in the world did you get an insult directed at you? You were a moderator. Doesn't look like you're one now. You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. Do I think you have some motivation for your opinion? Maybe. Does it matter? No. Whatever the case, I wasn't insulting you. If I were - you would know.

Want to know what I think? I think the administrator might be so concerned about the fees coming in from vendors that he may becoming biased towards the vendors against forum member interests. If someone is a bad vendor but pays the bills, that works for who ever gets the money but we as forum members keep getting screwed. That's not what this forum was about from the get go and those of us who have been around since close to the get go know this - including Kyle. I know Kyle has personal matters, he said so. That doesn't mean that this issue will go away or be simply ignored.

If you in anyway thought I was insulting you - rest assured I was not and I do appreciate your opinion.

Last edited by hfm; 06-22-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by hfm
How in the world did you get an insult directed at you? You were a moderator. Doesn't look like you're one now. You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. Do I think you have some motivation for your opinion? Maybe. Does it matter? No. Whatever the case, I wasn't insulting you. If I were - you would know.

Want to know what I think? I think the administrator might be so concerned about the fees coming in from vendors that he may becoming biased towards the vendors against forum member interests. If someone is a bad vendor but pays the bills, that works for who ever gets the money but we as forum members keep getting screwed. That's not what this forum was about from the get go and those of us who have been around since close to the get go know this - including Kyle. I know Kyle has personal matters, he said so. That doesn't mean that this issue will go away or be simply ignored.

If you in anyway thought I was insulting you - rest assured I was not and I do appreciate your opinion.
I didn't know, which is why I asked. Hard to tell on the internet if someone was redirecting their words to someone else or if the conversation was continuing with the conversation that was being replied to. No problems between me and you.

Thank you, I appreciate you making sure that these topics get dealt with. Because it is important that these topics are dealt with, satisfying to what you were trying to accomplish or not. I respect you and your opinion (and your attention to detail when trying to prove a point).