Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

NWS Avatars

Old 03-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DomZ
You're missing the point. The difference between text and images is huge. Every other word could be ******** in a thread and I wouldn't even get a second glance at but a set of **** on the screen is like a big bullzeye.

Sigs can also be pics.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:59 AM
DomZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
Sigs can also be pics.
Good point. I guess the avatar thing is more of an issue as of now because people are too lazy to format the picture accordingly for a sig. I haven't noticed any NSFW sig pics yet. Good point though.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:01 AM
taurran

What I do while I'm at work is not your choice. If my job is slow and I have no work to do I will browse my350z at will and there's not a damn thing you or anyone else can do about it. Enjoy your new avatar.
Its good that you're showing your true colors - those of a selfish little brat. I'm actually a bit sickened that the mods cater to people like you. This reminds me of other PC movements in america. There are those that take advantage of fear to get their way without regard for the rights of anyone else around them.

This is exactly what happens here. In my opinion, people like you that ruin everyone else's forum experience based on their own agenda should be the ones being banned.

By my reasoning words in an avatar are a LOT harder to pick out than a big ol' ***. I say if you have a complaint about an avatar voice it and see what the response is. I personally feel like whatever can't be caught in a quick glance is okay for the most part. No employer is ever going to stand over your shoulder and carefully read the words "bawls in yo mouf". It also reflects bad on us because 98% of the people on this site are guys and if a guy has a picture of a girl on a screen it's the end of the world as we know it.
Why stop at avatars? I think mods should go remove any and every post on this forum that contain pictures of models and/or the female anatomy in any way. There are plenty of them around in the OT and Media forums.

If we're going to "clean up" the forum, then lets not half *** this. Remove it all. Eventually this forum will be rated G and absolutely boring.

Until then, this movement is nothing more than people like "DomZ's" outlet for griefing and generally being an annoying ***** to other members.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:15 AM
taurran

Good point. I guess the avatar thing is more of an issue as of now because people are too lazy to format the picture accordingly for a sig. I haven't noticed any NSFW sig pics yet. Good point though.
So are you the self proclaimed forum censor? Give me a break, son.

Who are you to define what is work safe? My avatar, and many others here, were completely and totally work safe by my standards, being that it could be something any child could see in a PG movie.

Last edited by taurran; 03-03-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:57 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Go back and read my posts in this thread regarding this issue.

I honestly think the people who are whining about NSFW avatars just need to turn the avatars off and quit complaining. If you want to browse the forum at work, that's the sacrifice you need to make (turning off avatars).

I understand that some of these avatars can cross the line (nudity) or come close to it. Those will be removed with or without warning, but as long as the appropriate parts are covered by an article of clothing or an object (as big as the body parts), I see no problem with it. However, as mods are people, we all have varying degrees of "tolerance" to what is accepted and what is not, hence the reason for them contacting certain members and asking them to kindly take it down.

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 03-03-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by CAYENNE2005
why the big issue of a 1" x1" pic???? I'll just keep my little steering wheel avitar.
The difference is that we have a choice to click on threads titled "NSW", and take our chances of getting caught. A compromising avatar can not be anticipated when one clicks on an add in the classified section, but voila it's there. The sheer randomness of it is what is compromising....
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 AM
VO...
Administrator

By my reasoning words in an avatar are a LOT harder to pick out than a big ol' ***. I say if you have a complaint about an avatar voice it and see what the response is. I personally feel like whatever can't be caught in a quick glance is okay for the most part. No employer is ever going to stand over your shoulder and carefully read the words "bawls in yo mouf". It also reflects bad on us because 98% of the people on this site are guys and if a guy has a picture of a girl on a screen it's the end of the world as we know it.
Agreed...
Old 03-03-2008, 07:14 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Again, I see no reason as to why you guys can't just turn off your avatars to avoid this whole mess. The fact that it requires about 3 clicks, you guys are lazy, want to differentiate faster among different members, and etc are your personal problems. It'd be a lot easier and faster for all of us, if the ones complaining would just turn off the avatars. If you want to browse the forum at work, then make some sacrifices to do so, instead of whining.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Again, I see no reason as to why you guys can't just turn off your avatars to avoid this whole mess. The fact that it requires about 3 clicks, you guys are lazy, want to differentiate faster among different members, and etc are your personal problems. It'd be a lot easier and faster for all of us, if the ones complaining would just turn off the avatars. If you want to browse the forum at work, then make some sacrifices to do so, instead of whining.
They don't want to turn off avatars because they like to make these "DNF" avatars to identify their clique.

By the way, I agree with everything you're saying.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Jason333
hi

+1
Old 03-03-2008, 07:24 AM
VO...
Administrator

There's no whining going on here. I don't report people either, never have, never will. Just stating my opinion. It's the feed back section, hence I am providing feedback. I've already excepted my personal fate,that I will just have to take my chances on the NSW avatars, due to my unwillingness to disable the function.

Again, it's the feedback section, there is a topic up for debate, so I am debating....
Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Craig your avatar is hilarious. This whining about avatars is getting old, people just need to disable them.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 AM
DomZ

Originally Posted by taurran
Its good that you're showing your true colors - those of a selfish little brat. I'm actually a bit sickened that the mods cater to people like you. This reminds me of other PC movements in america. There are those that take advantage of fear to get their way without regard for the rights of anyone else around them.

This is exactly what happens here. In my opinion, people like you that ruin everyone else's forum experience based on their own agenda should be the ones being banned.
I ruin the forum? From what I understand you've made a lot of positive contributions to the forum How long were you banned for again? Maybe you should try that out again. This is not part of some "PC movement" in America its about having common sense and *gasp* some courtesy! Who would have thought people could think about others?

Why stop at avatars? I think mods should go remove any and every post on this forum that contain pictures of models and/or the female anatomy in any way. There are plenty of them around in the OT and Media forums.

If we're going to "clean up" the forum, then lets not half *** this. Remove it all. Eventually this forum will be rated G and absolutely boring.

Until then, this movement is nothing more than people like "DomZ's" outlet for griefing and generally being an annoying ***** to other members.
I am not an annoying dick to other members, I'm pretty sure you have that covered though. All the posts that have "models and/or the female anatomy" are marked accordingly because people have the common courtesy to do so and because its part of the rules.

My next question is WHY does every desperately need to put ***** and asses in their avatar? Do you not get any at home and thus have this need to see an *** every time you post? Why can't you leave the NSFW stuff in threads marked so? To me it seems like a bunch of selfish crybabies who could care less about others. I don't go around reporting people because I don't care that much but a lot of people on this forum could use a good dose of common sense sometimes.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:31 AM
DomZ

They don't want to turn off avatars because they like to make these "DNF" avatars to identify their clique.

By the way, I agree with everything you're saying.
I don't want to turn off avatars because I pay $30/yr just like the rest of the PMs. If the rules say no NSFW avatars why is it so hard to follow that?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:41 AM
03BrickyardZ

The Ballmer is NSFW.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:41 AM
DomZ

Originally Posted by 03BrickyardZ
I work at Apple, and the ballmer is NSFW here.

That's ok, his kids aren't allowed to use iPods or Google.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:19 AM
taurran

I ruin the forum? From what I understand you've made a lot of positive contributions to the forum How long were you banned for again? Maybe you should try that out again. This is not part of some "PC movement" in America its about having common sense and *gasp* some courtesy! Who would have thought people could think about others?

I am not an annoying dick to other members, I'm pretty sure you have that covered though. All the posts that have "models and/or the female anatomy" are marked accordingly because people have the common courtesy to do so and because its part of the rules.

My next question is WHY does every desperately need to put ***** and asses in their avatar? Do you not get any at home and thus have this need to see an *** every time you post? Why can't you leave the NSFW stuff in threads marked so? To me it seems like a bunch of selfish crybabies who could care less about others. I don't go around reporting people because I don't care that much but a lot of people on this forum could use a good dose of common sense sometimes.
Typical reply coming from the normal off-topic post *****. I'm only an "annoying dick" to those who deserve it, and every bit of the bored masses that incessantly post in the off topic section absolutely do.

If you knew anything about cars or were remotely interested in coming to thse forums to discuss automotive topics, you might know that cars are typically a male dominated past time. Go to any meet, any show, any shop, any magazine section, and you'll see nothing but fast cars and scantily clad models on every peice of media you see.

You seem to forget that this is a CAR FORUM, not an OT playground. It's part of the culture. If you want to have a forum to talk about playing xbox video games then perhaps you should make your own with all the other pimple faced goons that have no interest in fast cars and hot women.

In case you haven't bothered to actually view the rules:
Please use common sense when posting pictures. Nudity, gore, violent acts (and results thereof) amongst other images are not allowed. Please note that this includes pictures in your avatar and/or signature. This is a public site, accessible by minors as well. So please keep all viewable pictures/avatars/signatures under the common PG rating. Offensive avatars / signatures may be reported to our staff, and removed at their discretion.
What you deem to be PG-rated, and what is actually PG-rated are two totally different things. I can understand nudity, but a picture of a girl in what amounts to a bra or bikini does NOT amount to NSFW.

You're trying to force your own bosses' discretions upon everyone else here in the forum.

My avatar was PG. It had no nudity, no sexual inuendo, and no "non-PG" related content. I could care less that you dislike it based on your job, but it was within guidelines of the TOU.

Last edited by taurran; 03-03-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:30 AM
VO...
Administrator

My avatar was PG. It had no nudity, no sexual inuendo, and no "non-PG" related content.
I don't recall ever seeing your avatar. Could you PM it to me?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:33 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

If you knew anything about cars or were remotely interested in coming to thse forums to discuss automotive topics, you might know that cars are typically a male dominated past time. Go to any meet, any show, any shop, any magazine section, and you'll see nothing but fast cars and scantily clad models on every peice of media you see.

You seem to forget that this is a CAR FORUM, not an OT playground. It's part of the culture. If you want to have a forum to talk about playing xbox video games then perhaps you should make your own with all the other pimple faced goons that have no interest in fast cars and hot women.
+10000
I could not agree more with the above statement.
Out of the 100000 members we have, how many are females, maybe 150 or so at most? The women thing is part of the car culture.
I have my fun in the OT every once and a while, but I try to stick mostly to the tech and regional sections, but I feel like a lot of times some of the post ****** in the OT have absolutely no interest in the car this forum is about.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't we all just get along?

Search this Thread